General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:04 PM

Default A Question about Ruckman

I was recently sent an email by a friend warning me of the dangers of Peter Ruckman. This one was new though. It wasn't about aliens or anything.

He said that my old pastor had discovered that Peter Ruckman denied that abortion was a sin, and that he actually advocated abortion. He gave no reference or anything, so I was very skeptical (I know Ruckman teaches that a baby becomes a living soul when it takes his first breathe, I disagree, but I don't think that promotes abortion...).

I found only one place online that even claims this (no references again) and it's that stupid petersruckman.com site, which is just page after page of accusations with no evidence of witnesses.

Is anyone familiar with this accusation?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-19-2008, 04:31 PM

I have never heard Peter Ruckman in any of his writtings or his sunday school mp3 or any other recording ever advocate abortion. I would beleive the site to be a hate site. Pay it no mind.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:36 PM

I am new to Ruckman,heard he is hardcore KJ and is pretty abrasive,this was from a trusted Baptist Preacher.

http://www.kjv1611.org/PSR.htm

I came acrossed a hate site as well. agree with chette777. would like to know more about his teachings. Thougt he was in Florida? how about some web links?

Last edited by Jeremy; 10-19-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I was recently sent an email by a friend warning me of the dangers of Peter Ruckman. This one was new though. It wasn't about aliens or anything.

He said that my old pastor had discovered that Peter Ruckman denied that abortion was a sin, and that he actually advocated abortion. He gave no reference or anything, so I was very skeptical (I know Ruckman teaches that a baby becomes a living soul when it takes his first breathe, I disagree, but I don't think that promotes abortion...).

I found only one place online that even claims this (no references again) and it's that stupid petersruckman.com site, which is just page after page of accusations with no evidence of witnesses.

A certain pastor in Sydney is trying to sow discord among the brethren by making these accusations.

The church I attend is being called a 'cult' because we use Dr Ruckman's material. The claim has also been made that our church believes in abortion.

I have it on good authority from a PBI graduate that neither Dr Ruckman nor Bro. Donovan believe or have EVER taught that abortion is right.

Furthermore our church is against abortion.

Luke, I think I know who sent you the email. He has been corrected but prefers to remain in ignorance-please ignore him on this matter-it is simply a pack of lies.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

Ruckman does not advocate abortion. He does teach the breath/soul thing, but that's a very technical matter.

If your friend says that your old pastor said that Ruckman says something, you're getting second or third hand information, at best; at worst, you're in danger of receiving an accusation against an elder (1 Tim. 5:19). But I can tell that you haven't really "received" it. You're smarter than a lot of people who hear this stuff.

The website you referenced also accuses Ruckman of being a draft-dodger and a pedophile. Nice people!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 PM

My friend didn't send me that website, but I have a suspicion that that site is where the information came from. It's a garbage site I have run across before and I disregarded all the information on it. There is no evidence, names, statements or anything. Just a bunch of slander.

I replied to my friend and told him that he was ill informed, and to ask two other men he knows about it (there are two men in Australia that he knows and I know of who will clarify to him that Ruckman does not believe in abortion).
Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
Ruckman does not advocate abortion. He does teach the breath/soul thing, but that's a very technical matter.
Please, you know better than that.

Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
Please, you know better than that.

Psalms 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
Perhaps you're misunderstanding me. I know the verses about prenatal life, and believe them. I simply said that the moment when the soul is formed is a technical matter, which it is.

"Soul" and "life" are two different concepts.

I despise abortion as much as anyone in this forum. I believe that abortion is manslaughter. Were you under the impression that I believed otherwise?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:57 PM

Luke,

Quote:
My friend didn't send me that website, but I have a suspicion that that site is where the information came from. It's a garbage site I have run across before and I disregarded all the information on it. There is no evidence, names, statements or anything. Just a bunch of slander.

The only true information on the website in question that is true as far as I know for sure is Dr. Carl Lackey did leave Dr. Ruckman $30,000 in cash when he died, and the money was given to him in a brown paper bag. This is 100% true, I recall when this happened. The whole church was talking about this and other monies he left to others when he passed away. He left cash to everyone in the same fashion. Money in an envelope in a brown paper bag.

This was his money, not churches money as many outsiders may think. He was a millionaire he owned and ran his own furniture company for many years. he and brother built the company and sold it many years ago. he still had a lot of money when he died. They talk about Ruckman not paying taxes web site. I have no idea if he paid taxes on the money or not, but I do know Dr. Carl Lackey had men at the church give the money to Ruckman after he died.

The men on that site also do not know if Dr. Ruckman paid the taxes on this money, as Dr. Ruckman's tax returns are not public record law. The site claims to KNOW Dr. Ruckman did not pay taxes on this money, this is an out an out lie. So the web site saying he did not pay taxes on the money is not based on facts. The only way they could know is if prepared his tax return for the year in question.

Here is the half truth they tell.

Quote:
Dr. Carl Lackey did leave Dr. Ruckman $30,000
Here is the half lie.

Quote:
We know Dr. Ruckman did not pay taxes on the money

When you tell a half true lie it is far more dangerous that a full out lie.

Because many older members at White Plains Baptist Church would tell you the $30,000 gift is true. So when you read the site it leads you to think it it is all true.

This web site is ran by cowardly people that will not list their own names on the site. st of the information on the site is lies and half truths.

I also think the web site in question no longer working.

http://petersruckman.com/

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 10-19-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
Perhaps you're misunderstanding me. I know the verses about prenatal life, and believe them. I simply said that the moment when the soul is formed is a technical matter, which it is.

"Soul" and "life" are two different concepts.

I despise abortion as much as anyone in this forum. I believe that abortion is manslaughter. Were you under the impression that I believed otherwise?

I beg your pardon. No I was not under the impression you were for abortion.
I perhaps did misunderstand, though I don't believe there is a "technical" answer from our view to when the material and immaterial part of man form life. I believe that is an eternal question outside of human comprehension. But I believe that anyone who "teaches that a baby becomes a living soul when it takes his first breath" is wrong. That would make abortion not murder.
Theologians have their "opinions" of spirit, soul, flesh, heart, conscience, and when such combinations constitute life, but I believe God leaves no doubt about a living soul in the womb.