General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:29 AM

Great design work Brother, I am a graphic designer myself, I like the grunge look you added for emphasis!
Its also great to see a post from Brother Stephen again

there is a Church literally 200 yards from my House, a Presbyterian with a female minister and female deacons, they don't preach the Bible, its all social gospel, help each other, help the community, of course there is nothing wrong with christian service to each other and the community, but when it overshadows the word of God, there becomes a problem. They also endorse that horrible alpha course. And the sad truth is, this is the case in many streets and towns just like mine.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-30-2009, 08:04 PM

that's a great poster. wish I had one. if we start a coffee shop to help the ministry and sell the coffee we roasted (we have no local buyers yet). I would like to hang it on the wall

How about emailing me the file I can get it printed in any size on vinyl from $2 to $20 depending on the size.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 PM

Sure

I'll try to get it to a manageable size (it's about 140mb at the moment. photoshop files are huge uncompressed. I have photoshop at school, and I can use it for non profit purposes)
Old 05-01-2009, 10:19 AM

Very nice, Luke!! I know photoshop as well! Currently when I am not busy, I'm re-learning and improving my graphic design skills so I can magnify God's Word in the near future.

If all those unbelieving graphic designers/artists can make their own statements to reach their own end, then why not us? for Jesus' sake? I've never seen so many twisted up artists promoting a new form of digital spirituality/death. It makes me want to counterattack with words out of the Bible.

Also, if I am not mistaken, there a lack of Christian art these days. Maybe it's time to fill in the void?

In Jesus' Name.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't think this "minister" could be called brethren. Not even carnal or baby.

She (yep) talks about nothing but the women in the Bible. Now, that wouldn't be a big deal, since she is a woman, and is "ministering" at a girls school.

But when she spoke a message called "Feeling Good about yourself", Mrs Schueller* said that God loves everyone, that he accepts us as we are, and he just loves us all. Ain't that swell. It's true, to some extent, but there was no mention of sin, judgment, holiness, wretchedness of man and need for salvation. It was come as you are and stay as you are. Take my life and leave me be. And then a spoken poem about God as a woman was just sickening.

Apparently that great hero in the Bible, vincent van gough, took his life because he didn't feel good about himself. Then we heard a song about it by Don Mclean. Maybe next week will be about how the levy is dry, and drinking whiskey and rye.

Power of positive thinking sucks. Power of negative thinking enables.

*not her real name.
Dr. Ruckman says, Tell it Like It Is. This poster does, it rocks.

Grace and peace

tony
Old 05-04-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
If anyone wants a large copy of it, I have larger high quality ones

It might be a bit too "grunge" for some of you :P
Nice work on the poster. Would you mind sending me the big file? I'd appreciate it.

Do all the seminaries do this now? When I was in, the theology class was divided up into teams and told to debate for/against God being a woman. Right or wrong was never the issue, just an exercise in trying to prove an opinion. I thought it was a colossal waste of time and my money.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:19 PM

Default awesome work

Wow!! So here is where I can see graphic designers using their talents for the Lord's ministry.
I was one myself... until I felt that it was inappropriate for me to stay at the place as there was too much profanity and vanity there (I worked as a graphic designer at a marketing firm before)..
I am really glad to see that great talents are used appropriately, all for the glory of God.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:34 PM

Since we are in a WAR - that's DEFINITELY the POWERFUL Lord God - Creator of Heaven and Earth - and of all that is in it - that I worship!! (And I'm a woman!)