Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
The people in the Lord Jesus Christ's time were amazed by His miracles, but they were also astonished because: "He taught them as one having AUTHORITY, and NOT as the scribes"!)
Good point Brother George. It makes me follow this line of Biblical truth.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Any true believer knows the Word is Jesus.
Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
We have the Spirit of Jesus Christ, the WORD, and therefore, have an understanding. The WORD is in us!
Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
  1. Jesus is the incarnate WORD.
  2. Jesus has all authority.
  3. Jesus lives in me.
  4. Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
  5. The believer has authority as a result of knowing the WORD!

He bears witness with my spirit through the written word through the King James Bible. I asked my 70 year old mother yesterday, "Mom, how do you know the King James Bible is the preserved written word of God?" She replied, "It speaks to me like no other book or version." Simple answer of childlike faith, wouldn't you say?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
BrianT

Hi Forrest,

Quote:
Brian, I'm really attempting to discover what you are thinking.
I am trying to determine the logical conclusions of the original post.

Quote:
Simple questions. Do you have a single resource for authoritative, sound, Biblical doctrine? Yes or no.
Already asked and answered, and discussed ad nauseum, in the other thread. Let's keep this thread on topic.

George said:
Quote:
I am answerable to God as to whether I rightly divided the word of truth or not...If I am wrong on a particular doctrine God will not "approve" of my teaching.
When you are wrong, even though you were well intentioned and though you were guided by the Holy Spirit to a particular conclusion, are you a "heretick"?

Quote:
Your second point is specious
I disagree. If two people, reading the same King James Bible and both believing the Holy Spirit lead them into all truth, arrive at different conclusions about pretrib/posttrib, eternal security, Trinity, validity of tongues today, women deacons, head-coverings, baptism's effect on salvation, gap theory, open/closed communion, birth control, wine, eternal Sonship, tithing, and/or at least one of a hundred other doctrines, doesn't the original post imply that at least one of them is a "heretick"?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Brian, I'm really attempting to discover what you are thinking.

Simple questions. Do you have a single resource for authoritative, sound, Biblical doctrine? Yes or no.
Good question Forrest.
Several of us have already discovered what Brian is thinking, and also teaching on his own forum. Perhaps this will help answer for BrianT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT
So yes, I 'deny the doctrine of an inerrant Bible composed of 66 books as having ever existed and certainly not now."
Old 12-11-2008, 12:57 PM
BrianT

Yep, that's what I believe. Back to the topic at hand now?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Good question Forrest.
Several of us have already discovered what Brian is thinking, and also teaching on his own forum. Perhaps this will help answer for BrianT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT So yes, I 'deny the doctrine of an inerrant Bible composed of 66 books as having ever existed and certainly not now."
Thank you Brother Parrish.

Quote:
Oriinally posted by Brother George: HERESY=A belief in a “way” (a doctrine) that is contrary to the “fundamental” beliefs or traditions of a religion. Scriptural or Biblical HERESY = A belief (a “way” or doctrine) that is contrary to a major doctrine contained within the Holy Scriptures and clearly understood and accepted by genuine Bible believers.

WEBSTER’S 1828 DICTIONARY:

HER'ESY, n. Gr. to take, to hold; L. haeresis.

1. A fundamental error in religion, or an error of opinion respecting some fundamental doctrine of religion. But in countries where there is an established church, an opinion is deemed heresy, when it differs from that of the church.

The Scriptures being the standard of faith, any opinion that is repugnant to its doctrines, is heresy; but as men differ in the interpretation of Scripture, an opinion deemed heretical by one body of christians,may be deemed orthodox by another.

In Scripture and primitive usage,heresy meant merely sect, party, or the doctrines of a sect, as we now use denomination or persuasion, implying no reproach.

2. Heresy, in law, is an offense against Christianity, consisting in a denial of some of its essential doctrines, publicly avowed and obstinately maintained.

3. An untenable or unsound opinion or doctrine in politics.
BrianT- you are a heretick.
Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
That is sound, Biblical, and authoritative.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
But without trusting in God and the infallibility of His word, you will be anchorless, adrift, in a sea of conflicting ideas proposed by men.
He's a drifter alright.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:57 PM

George, you came so close but just missed including this verse in your post. It has been a blessing and help to me most recently realizing that the Lord is pleased with me when I expose and teach against the heresies.

I Tim. 4:6
If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things (false doctrine), thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN again to the word of God!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Yep, that's what I believe. Back to the topic at hand now?
You're like a legless man wanting to get back to the basketball game. There is NO WAY you can participate in any Biblical discussion because you have no legs to stand on other than your own stinking, humanistic opinion!

Quit wasting your time here.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:06 PM
BrianT

Yes, yes, I know you all disagree with my views of KJV-onlyism. I get it. Can we get back to the topic now?

I have many KJV-only friends, and have many more "virtual" online friends. In the years I have been studying KJV-onlyim, I have met KJV-onlyists of many different kinds. Some are OSAS, some are not. Some are pretrib, some are posttrib. I have seen KJV-onlyists on both sides of almost all the doctrinal issues I listed in one of my previous posts - some of them even here on this discussion board. George's original post in this thread indicates that we must conclude that in all these cases, at least one of the sides is "heretical".

George's original post in this thread even goes further. He says "Not very PC of Peter to say such a thing, unless – UNLESS GOD VIEWS HERESY (ANY HERESY) as being DAMNABLE!". I am trying to determine if George is saying that one must be free of heresy to make it to heaven, perhaps he can clarify those statements. If this is what he meant, I have even a bigger problem with his original post than I have discussed so far.

Combining these concerns with the posts directed personally at me in this thread, I must ask: if some of you consider me a "heretick" for not accepting KJV-onlyism, does that mean some of you consider being KJV-only a requirement of salvation?

God bless,
Brian
Old 12-11-2008, 10:14 PM

Default Re: "Heresies & Heriticks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
George, you came so close but just missed including this verse in your post. It has been a blessing and help to me most recently realizing that the Lord is pleased with me when I expose and teach against the heresies.

I Tim. 4:6
If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things (false doctrine), thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN again to the word of God!

Aloha brother,

Thanks for the heads up on that verse. When I post the study on my web site I will add it to my verse list.

If you ever come up with any other verses that might shed more light on God's word from any of my Threads or Posts don't hesitate to suggest them to me. I'm always updating my studies, refining and polishing them - trying to make them as thorough and understandable as I can.

May our God bless you and yours always.