Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
Hi, KJBPrincess!

What do you think will happen if someone joins the forum with the username "Ruckmanite"?
Probably instant banning. They'd consider you a troll or something, I'm sure.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-28-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Ruckman for president!
Sorry to come in so late here, but I finally found what I wanted to post!

http://www.kjv1611.org/BBB/2008/jun-08.pdf
Old 10-28-2008, 02:09 PM

I've hosted the file in question on one of my sites; the segment comes from the Genesis institute class at PBI. This particular recording was likely captured years ago, as they have recently (relatively) transferred all of the old cassette tapes to MP3s. The first link is to the relative section, and the second link is to the whole file from which the segment is pulled (covering Genesis 1:27-2:22).

Segment

Whole File
Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanos
I really have so much more to say about this, but it's late and it would be all over the place. I really would like to come back to the subject of Peter Ruckman, but more importantly, his preaching style, which is often times the cause of the attacks against him. Let me finish by saying, that without a doubt, these limpwrist armchair critics of Peter Ruckman are in error.
Brother, I wouldn't say that the style of his preaching is what makes people crazy, it's the context: they can't handle the truth.

A preacher can blast me with Scripture: if I deserve it, I feel guilty and repent, and if not, it doesn't bother me a bit! Those that get so upset over Brother Ruckman, or any 'fiery' preacher, have a 'heart' problem.

When people get all bent out of shape over how Brother Ruckman calls it like it is, I remember how upset the Pharisees were over how Jesus preached...
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites", "...ye blind guides..", "...ye fools...", "...Ye serpents...", "...ye generation of vipers..." (Matthew 23)

Jesus didn't mince words, either.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 PM

For some people, it isn't a "heart" issue (as in "their sin is being preached on and they can't handle it"), but they just can't handle some of the things he says. Like they can't tolerate the words he uses to refer to Bible correctors (the a-word, etc.), or his "lack of Christian love", or some of the things he believes like Rightly Dividing or the KJV being inspired, or the fact that he's been divorced and remarried a couple times. Some of these people are my friends, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 PM

But what about us, when we get mad (or more specifically, me), at men like Paul Washer, with their fiery message.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:57 PM

What are you referring to, Luke?

I mean, I know about Paul Washer and why you don't like him. (and I completely understand... Lordship Salvation is heresy) I'm just not quite sure what you meant by that post.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:15 PM

Well, he preaches a fiery gospel that other people think is truth, and we get mad at him, because it's a false gospel. But maybe I am just getting mad at him because he is convicting me.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 PM

Default Peter Ruckman???

I have only posted here a couple of times but I have enjoyed reading the various threads for several months now. Everyone here adds an interesting perspective to the discussions and I have learned much from your posts. Please be assured that I am 100% KJV only. I do not even allow any of the modern versions in my home. I have no ulterior motive, I am simply sharing my opinion and asking a question.

I realize that I am taking my life in my hands saying this but I am going to post this anyway. I promise you that my intention is not to upset or antagonize anyone. Please forgive me if I do.

I am just amazed at the support and defense of Peter Ruckman amongst you folks. At first I honestly thought you were joking! I have never met Ruckman but I have read much of what he has written and I have listened to his sermons and teaching. He is so silly, bombastic and caustic in much of what he says and writes that I have always thought he must be a nut. I am not kidding. He often rants like a lunatic and he sometimes borders on being outright vulgar. Are you aware of his multiple marriages & divorces? Are you aware of his attempts to justify his multiple marriages & divorces?

Much of what he says is correct. He's obviously an intelligent man but some of what he says is just plain stange and makes me wonder about his mental state. I have read things that he has written in response to rational (though often horribly misguided re: Bible translations) people that sound like the rantings of a ill mannered two year old. Do you really believe that someone who behaves themself like Peter Ruckman and shows such an obviously flippant attitude toward the marriage covenant (between himself and God) is the best person to use as a source for any argument, particularly in the defense of God's Word? I do not understand.

I have always believed that Peter Ruckman and Gail Riplinger have done so much more harm than good to the arguments in defense of the KJV. They have always seemed to me like the drunk uncle at the family Thanksgiving dinner that will not allow you to ignore them.

Could someone please explain to me what it is that prompts such a loyalty among so many of you guys to Peter Ruckman?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Vendetta Ride

Default Busted!

This is incredible! LOL! I couldn't resist the temptation to join Online Baptist, so I went over there a few minutes ago and registered. In the "New Members" section, there was a thread titled, "Welcome Vendetta Ride," and it said - - - are you ready for this? - - -

Quote:
Welcome to Online Baptist, before you start to dazzle us with your footwork, please remember the rules that you agreed to when you joined.

9.C We will not allow the following: Members that come just to argue doctrine instead of fellowship.
(See post #101 in this thread.) Apparently, they're keeping an eye on this place!

Busted before I wrote my first post! Well, back to Pravda.....