Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2008, 07:27 PM

2. WHEN DURING GESTATION DOES THE SOUL FORM?

Ecclesiastes chapter 11

5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

At some point during formation of the baby the spirit enters the baby and it becomes a LIVING SOUL.

Since my contention is that in the early stages of gestation the baby is UNPERFECT (Ps 139) and only a POTENTIAL LIVING SOUL let's look at a very interesting passage of Scripture which I believe helps us to determine when the baby becomes PERFECT and is ready to become a LIVING SOUL.

Ezekiel chapter 37

5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

In verses 7,8 & 10 we have BONES coming together 'bone to bone', we have SINEWS, we have FLESH, we have SKIN covering them and then the BREATH comes into them and they stand and have MOVEMENT.

If as stated by someone else we assume that the creation of Adam and Eve was unique, as it obviously was, and God had to breathe into them because they had no umbilical cords to receive the spirit to make them LIVING SOULS, then a baby must receive the 'breath/spirit' via the mother's BLOOD.

Leviticus chapter 17

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

Based on Ezekiel 37 I would suggest the following requirements for a baby to become a LIVING SOUL:

a) FLESH
b) BONES/SINEWS
c) SKIN
d) MOVEMENT/QUICKENING (nervous system)
e) BLOOD/LIFE SPIRIT (must have a fully functioning circulatory system to carry life into it)

to be cont.