Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:24 PM
1611isperfect

Exclamation And why don't you just SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

I have a video for some of you critics!

http://bible-believers.phpbb3now.com...php?f=15&t=130
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-05-2008, 04:50 PM

I haven't watched the video (youtube blocked), but since when did it become the cool thing to be rude in speech. I don't mean rude as in simple speech, basic speech, or offensive because the gospel is offensive, but actual rudeness? Brother, I know you love the Bible, but telling people to SHUT THEIR MOUTH is hardly christian character. I don't care if Dr Ruckman or so and so does it. It's not biblical. It's not your job to stop peoples mouths. It's the Holy Spirit's.

It seems a lot of preachers are doing that this day. They get up and say things like "Well, y'all, just shut up and shut your face and shut your mouth and listen to me preach. Hey you, faggot, shut your prissy face you sissy fairy and get some churchin' you girly man". It's a step along the path to becoming "Fred Phelps" and preaching nothing but hatred. You may as well say "Look at me, I am so great I can put other people down because I chose to accept Jesus Christ as my saviour so na na na na na, look at you, sinners".

Where is the "O wretched man that I am, who shall save me from this body!" "I thank the Lord Jesus Christ that He did. Praise Him!"

Does Jesus Christ really need you or any other preacher to tell people to SHUT UP (especially women, if this is the video I think it is).

Meekness is a virtue God will use. Compassion. Humility. I am not saying to compromise on the gospel. You can be bold for Jesus Christ, and meek at the same time. You can boast in Jesus Christ and yet be humble at the same time.

Paul even said some things which no doubt offended "Ye are too superstitious" . He basically told them their gods didn't exist, but reading the text, there is no evidence that Paul preached this in a spirit of anger, but rather, humility and compassion, and an earnest desire to see people come to Christ.

Last edited by Luke; 06-05-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:41 AM

Wonderful, Luke, now watch the video. It's not addressed to the lost.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:38 AM

I can't, youtube blocked, but I thought it was the indy 500 video, which I thenn noticed was in a seperate thread.