General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:27 PM

Tony

Where do you post most often over there at the FFF? I would like to read some of the battles.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-23-2009, 04:39 PM

Hey, Brother Winman. Don't let this rabbit get too loose here. Tony's thread here would be a good place to talk about FFF or jump here to see the FFF thread. I commented earlier because Tony mentioned FFF here, and I needed to close that loop. Thanks.
---------------
This thread is too beautiful to let other stuff get us off-track. Jacqui's testimony does more to punch the nay-sayers in the teeth than any arguments we normally have with them. It shows the power of the Spirit over the foolishness of human reason. Thank the LORD for this testimony.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:08 PM

Thank you Tim. I must say that I am still walking on air so to speak. I am finding my love for the Word so increased and even physically I am feeling more peace.

I have suffered from terrible insomnia for years, not only difficulty in falling asleep but staying asleep or sleeping peacefully. Since returning to the KJV, and reading before I go to sleep, my sleep patterns have improved and I have had peaceful sleep for the first time in years.

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

God's Word is more powerful than we imagine and it affects all of us, our spirits, our minds and our bodies. My life is being transformed and no number of arguments could ever move me again from my love for the Lord and His Word.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 PM

It is very saddening that those who reject the purity of the Scriptures and question what is and what isn't God's words can never experience the deep joy that comes to those who know the truth.
Quote:
Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.
I can understand how some of them will claim that we "worship" the Bible. Because they can only look at us from the outside and know nothing of what is taking place within us, it is not surprising for them to misread our actions.

When David said, "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD." (Psalm 122:1), it was not that he worshipped the house. He worshipped the One he met there. I do not worship a leather book, I worship the One I meet when I read it.
Quote:
Psalms 119:16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:38 AM

Default Re: "Returning to the KJV"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim:
Be nice, Tony. His name is Barry Pendley. He says that his misnaming of you was an innocent mistake, and considering the number of mistakes that he makes, that is likely.
Tonybones reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I know Tim, my tongue is in my cheek a lot, they should not get too upset at me. I'm going to settle in with the Scripture and strip some paint over there soon. Barry is looking for a fight, one thing I have noticed: They can dish out the condescending sarcasm, the arrogance and the ridicule, they sure can't take it.

Grace and peace brother

Tommy

Aloha brother Tony,

Just for your information: freesundayschoollessons (FSSL) Joined the AV1611 Bible Forums on May 11, 2008 and posted his first (controversial) Thread - “The words "baptism" and "church" in the KJV” (http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...19&postcount=1). On his very first day on the Forum he was “confrontational” (in a “NICE” {PC} way – of course!) and argumentative.

FSSL claimed: “I am here to "get inside your minds." I have no grand illusions of persuading you. I want to learn why you are KJVOnly.”, but the whole time he was here (until he was banned) he kept “baiting” anyone who would engage him in conversation with Sophistical arguments and “word games” (While all the time displaying his superior knowledge of the “Which Bible” issue).

The man is a perfect example of a “SOPHIST” {2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.} and never learned a thing the whole time he was here – BUT we “learned” a whole lot about him and his pernicious ways!

FSSL posted 4 Threads & 85 Posts while he was on the AV1611 Forums; if you care to review any of his clever, subtle, malicious, destructive, and malignant comments, you can find them here: http://av1611.com/forums/member.php?u=227

Trying to reason with a “SOPHIST” is an EXERCISE IN FUTILITY!

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:24 AM

Brother is it really profitable to engage people like the above mentioned "freesundayschoollessons" or for that matter people who are from the same mindset, who, regardless of what truth about the scriptures, manuscripts, translations and history they are given, it simply will not embed in their minds because intellect and their own understanding have blinded their minds to the truth, the only Hope for such a person is the conviction and leading of the Holy Ghost. We wretched men can only do so much, until we only do it in vain, we must allow ourselves to withdraw and allow the greatest teacher from eternity to eternity show them the truth, and if He is denied! (God Forbid) then they must answer to Christ.

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

I personally read the posts from these men, and my heart aches for them, I feel frustrated and at times I am moved to tears from the bitterness that is directed at Gods Children! Who, have been led by Gods Spirit to take ONE BOOK as Gods word and forget the rest, how pitiful to try and come up against the preservation of Gods word.

2 Corinthians 4:8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
2 Corinthians 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

Be Strong in the Lord Brothers, fight the Good fight which sometimes involves walking away and letting the Spirit of truth do his work.

Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; )

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 04-24-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Forum Administrator

Just a recap on Barry: When I had to do some moderation on his posts here, he first tried using his forum profile to get around it, and when I finally banned him, he signed up under a fake name and started threads under false pretenses (claiming he was KJVO, etc). He essentially committed fraud here in order to advance his cause.

You guys probably have good reasons for being willing to continue to engage him, but I just wanted to make sure anyone considering doing so understands his history here.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:42 AM

It should be noted that as best I remember, Barry did apologize for his deception when he was confronted. He does obviously continue to "monitor" this forum and does use comments here when it appears to his advantage. Barry and I have had a long history together, and currently I am in continuing "discussion" with him on his forum regarding inspiration. I am sure that he would welcome some participation by some non-violent KJBOs. [anything to get the hits up. Right, Barry? ]
Old 04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2411 View Post
Thank you Tim. I must say that I am still walking on air so to speak. I am finding my love for the Word so increased and even physically I am feeling more peace.

I have suffered from terrible insomnia for years, not only difficulty in falling asleep but staying asleep or sleeping peacefully. Since returning to the KJV, and reading before I go to sleep, my sleep patterns have improved and I have had peaceful sleep for the first time in years.

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
Great verse, nothing like the comfort of the Bible to help set us at peace...
Old 04-24-2009, 08:07 PM

jacqui,
Welcome to this forum. I am quite new here too. The short time that I am here, I have learn so much already. Feel free to jump right in.

However the crunch came when my husband came to me almost in tears as he was pondering the changes that we had seen, his words to me, changed my heart. "If I were these men, I would be afraid to change even one word of the Scripture without an assurance that it was God's will."

What insight! If all the "scholars" would have the same fear of God in their hearts when they translated their new versions...Thanks for your testimony, it moved my heart too.