General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2009, 09:55 AM

My family used to have a 'cottage' which was really a veery old farmhouse literally in the middle of the woods, no electricity, closest neighbor 2 miles, yada yada. Although I was just a youngster at the time, there was definately an evil spirit manifesting there too. I won't recount the details of it, because those of us who beleive in spirits always listen to these things with eager fascination. At the time my parents were Christians, but didn't know much about dealing with such things.
Later on, back in the city, there was something that would visit me in dreams, I'd wake up and it would be present in my room with me, distoring my eyesight, the room was so black, and it was like I was trying to grasp a spherical oobject too large to hold. It was terrifying, and by then my parents knew enough to pray about it, it eventually stopped happening.
Then, one evening alone in my appartment as an adult, I woke up and felt the very same thing as when I was ten years old. By this time I knew much more about unclean spirits, and I bound, rebuked and told it to leave in the Name of Jesus Christ, and immediately it was gone. I went right back to sleep.

This all opens a topic of discussion I've been interested in, not having cemented the Biblical truth about yet: I'm still unsure of the scriptural stand on such issues. I've read material on both sides of the fence, about binding and loosing, exorcism and deliverance.
Strangely, amid the KJO sphere, one can USUALLY expect to find truth from KJ-based teachers, but on this particular topic, I find the camp devided.

Suffice it to say, in tune with this thread, that dabbling with the occult, even things as silly as fortune cookies, is an open door for the enemy.
Lord knows how much legal ground I once gave to the enemy through drugs, heavy music, lusts, etc.
Anyways, I will now search the forums to see if there is another thread on this topic and post there, allowing others to get back to arguing the various flavours that those odd rice cookies are available in