Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 PM

Luke

I want you to think about this carefully.

Your fear and anguish is a sign of your great faith.

Psa 89:7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.

Luke, you fear God because you believe His Word. You believe there is a Holy God who will judge sinners. You believe that the unsaved will be cast in Hell. It is your great belief and faith in God's Word that causes you to fear.

Luke, unbelievers do not fear God.

Jer 44:10 They are not humbled even unto this day, neither have they feared, nor walked in my law, nor in my statutes, that I set before you and before your fathers.

Luke, it is men that makes salvation seemed complicated and difficult. Listen to the Bible not men. Jesus said you must simply ask.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Luke, I think your fear and anguish is evidence of great faith, not weak. But if you are uncertain, pray now and simply ask Jesus to forgive your sins and give you eternal life. Asking is not a work. Jesus would not tell you to ask and then condemn you for asking. Take Jesus at his word and quit worrying about what men say.

Edit- You know, I get a little tired of people who say that simply confessing to Jesus that you are a sinner and asking him to save you is "easy believeism"

If it is so easy, then why cannot they believe it?

I thank God I got saved as a boy before all the psuedo-scholars and lordship salvation folks got ahold of me. I didn't know much as an 11 year old, but I knew I was a sinner, and I believed that Jesus would save me if I prayed and asked him to.

Matt 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Little children do not have all this junk bouncing around in their heads, they simply believe what God says.

Last edited by Winman; 05-09-2009 at 06:43 PM.