General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:27 AM

Default My Miracle

I know I’m a little late with this. From what I seen people usually do this in their first post, and I‘m, not on my first (12 by now) because since my first post I started posting and asking questions I needed to see answered. The reason I’m doing this now is to give a testimony of how I came to Christ , and thought I will mention how I came upon this site I will mostly focus on my coming to Christ. Now this is my miracle:

I was born into and raised a Roman Catholic. I was baptized as a baby, did my first communion when I was eight years old, and my confirmation about a year later. Although I never really cared much about Mary and the catholic saints, I did do some ave Marias and rosary prayers because it was part of their rituals (I didn’t know it was wrong at then); I was catholic nevertheless. So, when I reached the age of thirteen I moved back from my native land to New York (I lived here as a child but had moved to my native land for a few years). I got enrolled into the public school and my faith in God’s existence got almost killed there. I was taught about evolution, Islam, Hinduisms, feminism, more new age garbage, and nothing about Jesus Christ. All they taught was the dirty laundry of the Catholic church, like indulgences, the crusades, and the inquisitions, and nothing about Jesus Christ (thought in all fairness this got me upset about the false church). This foolish nation, after all the blessings given to it by God, killed my faith in God’s existence in the public schools!

I went like this for a few years and what followed was an unpleasant part of my life. I started seeing things the way most people do nowadays like worshipping the opposite sex (like most guys are programmed to do in today’s day and age), I liked the idea of divorce , etc. After “falling in love” and being rejected by whom I thought was the “love” of my life in my High School years, I went into critical depression, anxiety, and was even suicidal (ooh how clueless I was). After a few years of this mumbo jumbo, I started getting better, and I felt God was calling me. Then one day I committed a sin which I hated, then I threw myself in a bed and with a sudden panic I had a revelation: “I’m GOING TO HELL!”. Of course, it wasn’t long until my social programming returned to me and I started doubting the existence of Hell again. However, I did what at the time I thought was right and returned to the Roman Catholic church. I confessed my sin to a priest (which I deeply regret now), I started attending mass, and a youth group. Thought my sin had supposedly been forgiven by the priest I still felt uneasy and kept wondering certain things. Am I really forgiven? Is attending mass and youth group is what God really wants for me? I think theses questions were the key.

God Almighty must have been listening to my questions because He used my curiosity and the internet to get me the truth about the counterfeit church and His true plan of salvation. After finding out the truth about the Roman Catholic church I quitted being a catholic and eventually found out about God’s plan of salvation. Though I wrestled with the idea for three days, I finally admitted my guilt before God, acknowledged that I deserved punishment (in Hell), and trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour. Thanks to the guidance of a Christian in the internet, I also came to know that the King James Authorized Version is the preserved and inerrant written Word of God in English. It was me researching and comparing the other versions that eventually got me here to this website, and after a while I registered and became a member of your community.

This is my miracle. Me being saved right now is indeed a testimony of God doing a miracle in my life. Praise God the Father and His Son Jesus!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-17-2008, 11:41 AM

Thank you for sharing that testimony! Skeptics may question the existence of God and Christ's identity and the truth that is the KJV, but they can't honestly question the evidence of a changed life!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 PM

That's a wonderful testimony!! Thank you for sharing it!

BTW, I was born on October 6th of '86! We're only 19 days apart
Old 12-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Brother Rolando, throughout your life, I encourage you to always reflect on this truth:
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
He will never change. You began the Christian life by specifically believing and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ, now you should continue believing and walking in Him each day. Never leave your first love, brother.
Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
May it be our passion to seek and know Christ and to simply yield the fruit He desires to produce in our lives.
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:00 PM

The LORD has his hand upon you Rolando.
Praise the LORD!
All the angels rejoiced to see you take that step of faith.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 PM

Amen, Brother Rolando!

It was through the internet, also, that the Lord reached me.

And it was an internet friend who told me about the King James and Brother Ruckman's writings. Through them, the Lord got me on the right track from the beginning, and I am very thankful!

Glad to have you with us here, brother.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:17 PM

Default My Miracle

God is so faithful, Brother Rolando!!!
Thanks for sharing that wonderful testemony with us.

Blessings,

Billie
Old 12-31-2008, 05:07 PM

I'm sorry I took so long to reply my brothers and sisters. I was really unsure on whether I was going to or not. Thanks all of you who read and replied to my testimony. I'm been saved since March this year (2008), like ten months. As a man I may be inpatient and all but the LORD does things at His own time. The reason I'm saying this is that I'm always inpatient, always desperately asking the LORD to help grow in Him, but since I been saved my life has been changing, slowly yes (I'm a sinful man), but still changing. It's nice to see the work the LORD has done in my life these ten months and things have slowly fallen into place (like coming and registering to this place). If I compare who I am now to who I was three years ago there's a lot of difference. I think this is the last reply I'm doing this topic, and thus, I want to say thank the Lord Jesus for saving me and helping me grow (spiritually), and thanks all of you who replied. Praise God the Father and His Son Jesus!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:40 PM

Thanks be to our Lord Jesus Christ for saving Rolando! Glory to our awesome GOD!

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 01-01-2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
I think this is the last reply I'm doing this topic, and thus, I want to say thank the Lord Jesus for saving me and helping me grow (spiritually)...
Yes, praise God for your miracle Rolando! Every born-again believer has experienced this miracle, amen.

I pray that you find and join a solid Bible-believing local church, where you can grow in Christ and serve God through.