General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM

Default Where have all the real men gone...

I posted a new video on youtube. I am sure you will all giggle

God bless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkmyVnkLlpE

I missed out a lot of good preachers because I couldn't find photos of them. Plus some of the photos are men you won't know, since they are real men to me (Keith Piper for example).
Old 04-01-2009, 05:43 PM

I liked your video and the song Luke.

Boy, I can't wait to see the comments you are going to get.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:54 PM

I've started to look to the real man, Jesus Christ, the greatest man that ever lived He died for me Bro! What a Saviour.. what a blessing..

I read a story about D.L. Moody last night

It was about a man who was doubting whether he was a Christian and Moody showed him John 5:4. He kept making up excuses until he saw the simplicity presented in belief.

Spurgeon also said "Stop trying to believe, and just believe."

EDIT: I was watching Curtis Hutson preach last night. I swear that Robert Duvall modelled his preacher in "the apostle" off of Hutson. (minus the adultery of course).
Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I've started to look to the real man, Jesus Christ, the greatest man that ever lived He died for me Bro! What a Saviour.. what a blessing..

The Real Man Jesus Christ!

Kent Hovind,C.H. Spurgeon,Billy Sunday,Sam Gipp, Dr. Ruckman-"The Doc". Those are a few i recognize,couldn't tell if J. Frank Norris was there or not,the others, wasn't sure about. Pretty cool though.
I am reading Dr. Ruckmans autobiography. It amazes me how God used men who came from less than desirable backgrounds,and even less desirable lifestyle's,turned them around to become great soul winners.

There is still hope for me yet!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:12 AM

Nice video, brother!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:15 PM

Default Re: " Where have all the real men gone..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I posted a new video on youtube. I am sure you will all giggle

God bless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkmyVnkLlpE

I missed out a lot of good preachers because I couldn't find photos of them. Plus some of the photos are men you won't know, since they are real men to me (Keith Piper for example).

Aloha brother Luke,

& . I've been asking the same question for years!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:

It was about a man who was doubting whether he was a Christian and Moody showed him John 5:4. He kept making up excuses until he saw the simplicity presented in belief.

Spurgeon also said "Stop trying to believe, and just believe."

EDIT: I was watching Curtis Hutson preach last night. I swear that Robert Duvall modelled his preacher in "the apostle" off of Hutson. (minus the adultery of course).
It happens to us all Luke. I got saved as a young boy and was absolutely sure of my salvation for quite a while. But I was not raised in a Christian family and did not attend church regular. The Jehovah's Witnesses used to come by my house and leave the Watchtower. I didn't know the difference, I used to read them. Man, did I get all mixed up and started seriously doubting my salvation. This lasted for quite some time. It was truly a very bad time for me. But I prayed and studied and asked God to help me understand what faith is.

There are so many false teachers out there. They tell you that you have to stop sinning to be saved. Good luck on that one. They tell you that you must overcome, or hold on to your faith, never doubting. And you know, the more you try to hold on and never doubt, the more afraid you get. It is a terrible experience, just as the Bible says, there is torment in fear.

Just cast yourself and all your problems on Jesus. Then quit worrying, He will never fail us.

I used to go soul winning every Saturday with my Pastor years ago. We would also visit church members. Oh man, it was terrible, every stop our church members would pour out all their problems, sickness, no money, drugs, alcohol, infidelity, you name it. It was terrible. I would get so weighed down and depressed just listening to their stories. One day I asked my Pastor how he handled it all. He said, "I don't. I give it all to Jesus. If I tried to take it upon myself I would lose my mind."

Peace Luke
Old 04-01-2009, 07:56 PM

Amen Winman, Amen
Old 04-07-2009, 12:50 PM

Default Where have all the real men gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Luke,

& . I've been asking the same question for years!
1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

Knowing the above we can see why Our Lord uses some people. If we remember where we came from, we can be of more use to The Lord.

I know that there are still some real man around, they have gotten old and crusty, like my George.

In Christ Love,
Renee
Old 04-07-2009, 03:59 PM

Brother Luke,
Do you have a copy of the lyrics? Can you post them? Maybe, I'll have the men in our church sing it in one of the men's fellowships.
Thanks!
Biblestudent