Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophgetter View Post
Greetings Chette,

Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

2Cor 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

You do see that the writter of Hebrews is telling them if they fail of the grace. under theKingdom Gospel which is offered to Jews and Gentiles pre church age and during the tribulation a work is added to their faith.

in this case they better folllow peace with all men, they better follow holiness to perfection, or they wont see the Lord. They best not fail of the grace of God (reject Jesus Christ or take the mark), and they better not let a root of bitterness grow in their hearts. if that last one were applied today a whole lot of people including Stephenos wont go to heaven.

James may be speaking an anology there but it still addressed to people hearing and receiving the Gospel of the Kingdom. that is why works is such a big thing to him. Faith plus Works otherwise youfaith is dead. Kingdom Gospel always requires works to accompany faith.

in 2Corithians it is as I said in another post your duty to walk in the works God has prepared for you. these are what Paul is describing here. we could never get to perfect Holiness on our own and it wont happen in this life time. It will happen though when God finishes the work he has started in us at our gathering to the Lord. But this is not something you do according to Paul toget Saved or stay saved. it is for your perfection and rewards.

Last edited by chette777; 08-21-2008 at 11:20 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-22-2008, 05:53 AM
gophgetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
You do see that the writter of Hebrews is telling them if they fail of the grace. under theKingdom Gospel which is offered to Jews and Gentiles pre church age and during the tribulation a work is added to their faith.

in this case they better folllow peace with all men, they better follow holiness to perfection, or they wont see the Lord. They best not fail of the grace of God (reject Jesus Christ or take the mark), and they better not let a root of bitterness grow in their hearts. if that last one were applied today a whole lot of people including Stephenos wont go to heaven.

James may be speaking an anology there but it still addressed to people hearing and receiving the Gospel of the Kingdom. that is why works is such a big thing to him. Faith plus Works otherwise youfaith is dead. Kingdom Gospel always requires works to accompany faith.

in 2Corithians it is as I said in another post your duty to walk in the works God has prepared for you. these are what Paul is describing here. we could never get to perfect Holiness on our own and it wont happen in this life time. It will happen though when God finishes the work he has started in us at our gathering to the Lord. But this is not something you do according to Paul toget Saved or stay saved. it is for your perfection and rewards.
Greetings Renee, (LOL) just kidding Chette.

One of the things that I appreciate about the KJV is that a lot of the time, it is it's own dictionary and commentary. I'm not exactly following you on your first paragraph, but I do know that this verse is not written to people about to be saved. It is written to those already in the Kingdom. Paul is warning them to keep their hearts pure from wrath and bitterness. If they let those things take root in their heart, they will produce bitter fruit and be rejected. This is one verse in Hebrews where you don't have to know who this is talking to (Jew or Gentile) but it applies to all of us. It means what it says.

Heb 6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.6:9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Since you don't believe that we can ever reach perfect Holiness in this lifetime, tell me what you think of 1 Peter 4:1,2?

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Peace
Old 08-22-2008, 06:11 AM

I and others have been bitter at times. But I wasn't rejected nor will I not see the Lord for that bitterness. Since then I have repented and got forgiveness for. and I still fight with it. But God is very helpful and gives me grace.

The KJV is what realy got me looking for the proper way to divide as God has prescribed. The first thing I saw with no help from anyone was there were three Gospels in the New Testament. From there I was able to see which people were being taught which Gospel at a given time, and who was teaching. from there Doctrines that once were confusing began to become clear and understandable.

Give a reading to Doug Stoufer One Book Rightly Divided.

Again you already heard me say it Hebrews - 1 Peter is speaking to fellow beleivers under thedoctrine of the Kingdom Gospel which requires a work to accompany their faith.

However there is an application in all your getting revealing but it is not a doctrine, it is practice. The Doctrine of the Gospel of the Kingdom has works with faith. the application would be all that agrees with Paul. So under that Gospel Doctrine they need to DO things to keep their salvation but for us it agrees with paul that we are to live holy lives pleasing unto the Lord. But that which accompanies salvation is not things necesssary for salvation in this Age. But would have to be added in the tribulation. The things that accompany salvation for this age are things like the gift of the indwelling Holy Ghost, Christs righteousness, Gods grace that enables you and I to live as God wnats us to, forgivenes, putting aay all bitterness etc.

So tell me, Have you cesed to sin completely?
Old 08-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Gophgetter,

This will be my last post to you. You are too comitted to your damanable heresy for me to deal with. I preceive that only the power of our Almighty God who died was buried and said on the cross "IT IS FINISHED", was buried and rose again the third day, and rose up to Glory, can persuade you.

Let me leave this with you:

I was a very good Catholic. I believed in the death, burial, resurection, and that Christ ascended to heaven. This among many other things is what I was saved from.

I believed this false gospel untill I was saved in April of 1964. You see, I let My Lord hang on the cross to suffer daily for my sins. I crucified Him daily believing that His work was not finished at Calvery. (I believed in the Gospel of the Catholic Churdh), I cried much, (even as I do now for sins I commit,) but I had no peace. I confessed my sins (as I do now to My heavenly Father) but still felt I had no forgiveness. My religion gave me no eternal peace or assurance that I would not go to Hell when I died. My faith in Christ atonement has given me eternal security and a peace I did not have in the false gospel I believed in.

I dare say your religion sounds much like the religion I was saved from. I thank God that He can Never changes and is always the same.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

There will always be divisions, even among Christians unless:

Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 2:14-16 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him?
But we have the mind of Christ.

We have the mind of Christ, but our carnal bodies and deceitful hearts will not let our very souls access it.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

If "we" have not accepted another gospel, "we" have perverted it. Where do you stand?

Praying that Our Father will give you understanding and wisdom.
Renee
Old 08-23-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophgetter View Post
Greetings Chette,

Quote:
Salvation is not about outward works, but the inward purification of the heart and soul
. .
Quote:
That is why He said in Matt. 5 that unless our righteousness exceed that of the Scribes and Pharisees, we would in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
These two quotes of Gophgeter's are very much what the early Gnostic's taugh about nature of man. you will notice the Gnostic inclination that man is dualistic and that here Gophgetter has driven a line between the physical man and the innner man.

He says that uness our righteousness exceeds that of the Pharises's. Well how can you tell if it does or not if it is not evident outward.

our righteousness is to be bothoutward and inward. Our righteousness is imputed to us at the time we believe on Christ. we continue inthat righteousness by yeilding to the Holy Ghost and the will of God daily.

the putting away of sinfulnes in Christians life is this. Each Day God should be revealing things about yourself that he is not pleased with in your life. You recognize it as sin you confess it and your repnet. but none of that takes place to earn, keep or prove your salvation. it is the works that God has from the foundation ordained us to walk in.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:

our righteousness is to be bothoutward and inward. Our righteousness is imputed to us at the time we believe on Christ. we continue inthat righteousness by yeilding to the Holy Ghost and the will of God daily.

the putting away of sinfulnes in Christians life is this. Each Day God should be revealing things about yourself that he is not pleased with in your life. You recognize it as sin you confess it and your repnet. but none of that takes place to earn, keep or prove your salvation. it is the works that God has from the foundation ordained us to walk in.
Hello Brother Chette. I think you believe what I'm about to say. I simply want to expand this great truth. The righteousness imputed to us when we receive Christ is permanent. And I agree, this does not and will not give us the desire to live an unrighteous lifestyle. But praise be to God, if you do sin, Jesus Christ's righteousness still abides. In other words, His righteousness is never conditional to my yielding my members as instruments of righteousness. It's not conditional to our righteous behavior.

And I also agree with you that He does the work in us. Praise God for His working grace. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

We are indeed complete in Christ. "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:" (Colossians 2:10). I have all I need when I have Christ.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:42 PM

Amen! Forrest! Amen.

if any man gets the desire to sin it is his flesh from his sin nature that still abides in a saved man. but we have been given the Holy Ghost which puts in us the desire to holy lives unto the Lord.

Amen and Amen.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:05 PM
gophgetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Hello Brother Chette. I think you believe what I'm about to say. I simply want to expand this great truth. The righteousness imputed to us when we receive Christ is permanent. And I agree, this does not and will not give us the desire to live an unrighteous lifestyle. But praise be to God, if you do sin, Jesus Christ's righteousness still abides. In other words, His righteousness is never conditional to my yielding my members as instruments of righteousness. It's not conditional to our righteous behavior.

And I also agree with you that He does the work in us. Praise God for His working grace. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

We are indeed complete in Christ. "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:" (Colossians 2:10). I have all I need when I have Christ.
Greetings Brother Forrest,

I would like to get your thoughts on the following scripture concerning righteousness.

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Also, what is your definition of the word "righteous"?

Peace
Old 08-24-2008, 09:14 PM
gophgetter

Quote:
These two quotes of Gophgeter's are very much what the early Gnostic's taugh about nature of man. you will notice the Gnostic inclination that man is dualistic and that here Gophgetter has driven a line between the physical man and the innner man.

He says that uness our righteousness exceeds that of the Pharises's. Well how can you tell if it does or not if it is not evident outward.

Chette,

I wish you would quit posting messages with a branding iron in your hand. I am not a Gnostic, Arminian or anything else you might want to label me with. I am a Christian and that's all.

You said that I said that our righteousness must exceed that of the Scribes and Pharisees. I didn't say that, Jesus did. Honestly, you guys act like you haven't read your Bibles. I will quote a scripture and you guys will repost it and call it false teaching. Show me one place where I have quoted a scripture and then added something to it that it did not say.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:13 AM

Sorry Goph,

I didn't brand you, I only said the what you shared was very much like what the Gnostics taught.

I never asked if your were Arninian or implied you were one. I did ask if you were JW, 7th day Baptist or Adventist which you never did answer. Your teaching is very similar to theirs.

I didn't label you in any way.

Please don't be so wicked as to imply I did.

We have not only read our Bibles through many times but we have studied and continue to study our Bibles dilligently.

What was meant was you implied or teach is if our righteousness did not exceed the Pharisees which was outward only, then we wouldn't see the Kingdom of God. By using it that way you implied that salvation was a work in progress. Using scripture under the Kigdom Gospel for people being prepared to enter the Earthly Kingdom.

Scripture misused to teach another gospel is false teaching. your adding is what you say before and after which does not line up with the context of the whole text, and the Doctrine which you are teaching is that Salvation is an on going process or it will be lost.

It is common practice among cult groups to take scripture out of context, place them together in the manner in which you have done and teach a preconceived Doctrine. it is as if you said this is what I beleive then you went to the scriptures to find verses to fit your doctrine. then posted your doctrine on the site then argue with everyone who points out you are wrong. Typical JW stuff.

Sorry you were banned.

May God give you peace

Last edited by chette777; 08-25-2008 at 02:22 AM.