Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:48 PM
lei-kjvonly

If you look at the context of 1 Corinthians 11 it's speaking about the levels of authority God ordained.

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1Co 11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoreth his head. (out from under authority)
1Co 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoreth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. (also out from under authority)
1Co 11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

I believe vs. 5 is talking about a woman out from under authority if you look at the context of the scripture. The reason he said for her to shorn or shaven was because that is what harlots did. Harlots had no authority since they were not married.

So you didn't answer my question, do you think women should wear head coverings? I personally don't think so. What are your thoughts?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-29-2008, 08:26 PM
jerry

I assume you are still speaking about me - I did answer your question. I said, "No." Then I showed the verse that indicated her hair was to be her covering - if her long hair is her covering, then she has no need or reason for an external covering.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:50 PM
broswmiller

You know the early Church met in homes not big fancy buidings.There are many things going on not Biblical.Conventions is one i.e SBC.Building funds ect.The Church I just quit hired a preacher that uses the deadly NKJV and fired the preacher who was a faithful KJB man of God.I told the gossiping women in Sunday School who runs the church affairs that I also find un-Biblical that if any other Bible than the KJB that hit the pulpit or my and my wifes ears we would hit the door running and it came to pass.

The Church just celebrated back in Nov its 160th year and now its almost dead with very very few people left.It almost was like attending a funeral ever Sunday because of the programs became more important than the message of the Cross.Most per-versions in 1st Cor 1:18 add being saved and the KJB says which are saved dont you think its a big difference in being saved and which are saved?These Bibles teach a works salvation plain and clear which is contrary to saved by grace through faith not of works Eph 2:8-9.

God bless.
Bro Miller.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:55 AM
grace to me

You know the early Church met in homes not big fancy buidings.There are many things going on not Biblical.Conventions is one i.e SBC.Building funds ect.

i agree , another thing is the 501c3 , by the churches acceptance of this they have to abide by government rules. who's the head of the church ?
the government or Christ.
jim
Old 03-09-2008, 03:33 PM

One of the things mentioned was crying Babies. One of the parents, (mother or father) should have the consideration to take the child out of the service until the baby settles down. If they don't then it may be necessary to talk with both parents and explain to them that the child should be removed from services. If they won't do this maybe they should all stay home for a period of time, Not only is it a matter of consideration to others but it is showing respect to God.

Denny
Old 03-15-2008, 01:10 AM

Parents in my church used to let their children roam around the church. They like to watch their children get the church's attention even when the service or the preaching is going on. So when we have special occasions in church, all the children would drown out the service with noise.

Now, I am young, single pastor. When I told the church to teach children the right way to behave in church, some overreacted and all who have little children stayed outside to "take care" of them so as "not to disturb the preaching". In some of their minds, I have not yet earned the right to correct them since I don't have children; others even dared to criticize Paul's writings (1Cor.7) since they assume he never had a "wife". (What if he's a widower, and so what if he's single. Jesus was single.)

I gave a testimony that I remembered when I was 3 years old, or 5 years old, or even 12 years old, my parents made me sit quietly in church. Then I told the church that had not I been disciplined and admonished in the Lord, they would "never have a pastor" (referring to myself) that day.

By God's grace, I'm glad that church members obeyed - and they were HAPPY. They're "proud" that their children, as young as they are, are "well-disciplined".:-)

"There's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey."

Last edited by Biblestudent; 03-15-2008 at 01:13 AM.