Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post

You know, I hate to get on a soapbox, but not 1 person in 1 million knows what "el shaddai" means, unless you are in Tel Aviv. Why don't they just make "God Almighty" bumper stickers?
You made a great point about the bumper sticker. I learned once that the Egyptians taught thousands of years ago that if you know the name of a god you can manipulate him and his power. Charismatic Prosperity Theology groups are always claiming Jesus name and use it in that way. I even heard Kenneth Copland explain using the name of Jesus as part of his name it and claim it theology.

On a side note, El Shaddai is the name of a Roman Catholic Charismatic group started here in the Philippines and is now world wide.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-25-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
You made a great point about the bumper sticker. I learned once that the Egyptians taught thousands of years ago that if you know the name of a god you can manipulate him and his power. Charismatic Prosperity Theology groups are always claiming Jesus name and use it in that way. I even heard Kenneth Copland explain using the name of Jesus as part of his name it and claim it theology.

On a side note, El Shaddai is the name of a Roman Catholic Charismatic group started here in the Philippines and is now world wide.
Brother, part of human nature is to believe in and rely on magic. The people who originate these money-making schemes, these odd-ball theologies, are very clever psychologists and manipulators, particularly in the charismatic movement. We walk by faith and not by sight, yet sight is the very thing they appeal to. A very popular TV "evangelist" in America makes it part of his doctrine that you send "God" 10 dollars and you get 100 back. I asked one of his followers what happens if you send him 10 dollars and discover you have cancer? What happens to your "faith" then? I had a cousin lived in another state was saved through this evangelist, and got killed in an automobile accident two weeks later. What flaw was there in this evangelists magic doctrine?

We can't have faith in what we see. What we see is temporary, what we don't see is eternal. It's not Scriptural to build a faith, a theology, on things seen. A Christian who is grounded in the word can have his faith confirmed and grow thereby, in what you see sometimes, like the street ministry we once had. The principles and doctrines found in the Scriptures can be seen unfolding before your very eyes. Several times we had shy, sort of lukewarm Christians become fiery and zealous witnesses after taking them onto the street ministry. They saw.

This pop-culture Christianity is something I see as revolting. El Shaddai. Adonai. Shalom. Why obscure your allegiance? Why throw your witness over into an unknown tongue? Are the people who do this maybe ashamed of the gospel of Christ?

Lu 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Brother, you and I are Gentiles, we could not get into the old Commonwealth Of Israel with 5 Army tanks and a laser beam. Israel fell and through their fall salvation was made available to you and I and the rest of the world. Why do Christians put their hands on the plow and then look back?

They're not grounded in the Word.

If I am going to put a bumper sticker on my car it's going to say what I mean. God Almighty. Peace. We used to have a bumper sticker sold locally that said, "The King James Bible Is God's Perfect Word".

I guess that's my sermon for the week, lol.

Grace and peace Chette and much fruit to you. I'll check out this Catholic group.

A Grumpy Tony Bones
Old 04-26-2009, 04:41 PM

Default RCC's El Shaddai

This Charismatics-Roman Catholic group here in the Phillipines is actually a response to the numerous "born-again" groups that have sprouted in our country. This is about to neutralized them just like Counter-Reformation during the 16th Century. The doctrine of this group has not changed the mainline catholic faith and practices. The front is that they used bible, however, they twist it.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:34 AM

that's right it is a response to the Charismatic Pentecostal tongue speaking experiential movement of Christianity. and like the RCC both groups lack a sound grounding in the word of God. it is the RCC hope to blend it all into an ecumenical movement and call it Christianity.