Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:51 AM
spiritualcrusader

Question Humanism within our churches

Why has many Born again, Bible believing, fundimental, churches stopped preaching repentance? I'm concerned, because without repentance there is no remission of sin.

Wasn't Saul driven to his knees by the Holy, Soverign God? Don't you think repentance was involved when God showed grace to Saul, and allowed him to come to the realization that He was sinning by "kicking against the pricks"? Through grace Paul was used of God in "His" ministry.

Humanism has crept into many churches, and has caused many to become false teachers. Humanistic salvation will send people to Hell. Some of these people truly believe they are saved, but if you watch, they are living religious lives trying to do things "of themselves" that only God can do through them.

Where is the Holy Spirit filled Christain?

A national from the Philipines was traveling our country. He attended a common American church missions confrence. Later that day at lunch, the pastor asked what he thought about American churches. The national replied,"its amazing how much American churches do without God."

Churches built on flesh only produce more flesh, but churches built through the Spirit produce Spirit filled believers.:
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 AM

Default A change of mind IS needed.

I've come to realize the importance of proclaiming the sufficiency and preeminence of Jesus Christ. His Holiness and Perfection changes my mind about who I am and Who He is.

Brother, I've also come to understand that the Spirit filled life is simply a life filled with Jesus Christ.

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14:26).

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:" (John 15:26).

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you" (John 16:13-14).
Old 08-21-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualcrusader View Post
Why has many Born again, Bible believing, fundimental, churches stopped preaching repentance?
Because the pastors are men pleaser's, because they are afraid to offend with the truth. So many people nowadays just want to go to church to "feel" better and to be entertained and not to be taught by the Word Of God. So many are also left bewildered from vain babblings of men that twist scripture and do not preach the simplicity that is in Christ, not everyone is a greek scholar. I am a "babe in Christ" but im so blessed to have my head screwed on to be able to discern correct scripture division and sound doctrine from Heresy.

Welcome to The Forums By the way

In My Saviour's name The LORD Jesus Christ.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 08-21-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: spelling is attrocious
Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 PM

Is repentence a requirement for Salvation or is Belief the requirement? Repentance is a simutaneous work that takes palce when one first beleives. but there is already a post dedicated to that subject

but let me ask you, did you repent of every sinful thing in your life the moment you believed or got saved? Or has God continued to reveal your sinfulness and after that you repented? If so here is repentance after salvation. so repentance was not a requirement to be saved only belief/faith.

This may be the reason some are no longer preaching repentance first before salvation.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:03 AM
spiritualcrusader

Yes, repentance is a part of salvation. You are repenting of the sins (past, present, and future) that Jesus died for. All sin was covered by Christ at Calvary. That is why we have victory in Christ. I'm trusting in His Substitionary Attonment for my salvation, but I had to realize, by God's grace, that I was a sinner headed for hell and I deserved Hell first. Belief in Jesus alone does not pay for your death penalty. Jesus said repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand. This ment that one day we will all stand before God. The lost will be cast into the lake of fire because the did not repent and accept His Son as payment for their sin. The believers will stand before God and give and account on what they did with God's grace each day. By the way, when I was little I thought I was saved because I believed, but the Holy Spirit didn't move in and start changing my life until I acctually got saved
Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 AM

I thought that Biblical repentance was to turn to Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, not Turn from sins for the forgiveness of Jesus. As far as I read in my Bible the word of God does not require us to give up our sins to be saved. My repentance onto salvation was a one time only event. The repentance from my sins has no limit, I am A Guilty sinner who has found Grace in Christ Jesus. Like I have mentioned in previous posts ANY MAN that says he does no sin is a liar.
Do you suggest that Believing just wasn't enough, even when you were just a child? Or are you saying that salvation is an adult only thing?

Chette I see where you are coming from on the preaching issue of repentance before salvation, thats Lordship Salvation, and yeahh there are several posts on that Horrible subject.
I took this post originally to mean why do pastors no longer preach repentance of sins done "after salvation" thinking of the modernists that imply there are no sins to repent of, and the heresy that says those who sin where never saved to begin with.
Cor 5:17
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

All things to me really have become new, I understand more and more what sin is in my life and I do not let it reign. I will continue to grow in grace and in knowledge until I am called home, and I will most certainly stumble along the way. You know what, Saul, who had that unique conversion on the Road to Damascus calls himself The "chief of Sinners" 1st Tim 1:15 and many times through his epistles speaks of his unworthiness and the thorn in his side. Not one glimpse of self righteousness in the man. Anyone that says they do no sin, have no sin, congratulations! You don't need Jesus anymore, you have gone and made yourself perfect in you own self righteousness.

Posted as A Saint who sometimes sins, and In my Saviour's name, The LORD Jesus Christ.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:02 PM
spiritualcrusader

I'll admit from the beginning that I'm not very good at explaining things. All I know is that when the Holy Spirit showed me that I was a sinner who deserved hell, that I repented, and accepted Jesus as my only means of salvation. When I bring up children, I mean to be careful that you are clear to them what they are doing. Are they believeing in the the prayer you are leading them in, did they come forward at an altar call because their parents told them to, did they do it because their friends did it. Salvation is a personal decision. My mom still thinks I got saved when I was like 5 years old. I had no understanding at that age that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and that I deserved hell because of those sins. I'm also against "1, 2, 3, repeat after me prayers with large groups of people. Salvation only occurs in a humble heart. Most of the time, the altar call is a humbling event.

The other reason why I say repentance is part of salvation is adults have a lot to give up, they have minds to change, and pride to deal with. It may be easier for children to believe and actually get saved, because Jesus said that we are to be like little children. Religious people have to be convinced that their good works aren't enough. Little children will do anything to make their teachers, parents, or pastors happy, but that doesn't mean that they meant it from their heart or even new what they are doing. My pastor says that he has saved at 8 years old. I believe him, but even he says to make sure that you are thorogh with children, and even sometimes adults. Also repentence is turning from the lifestyle they once lived. That's the part I'm asking about the most. Where are the believers that are turning from their sinful pasts, surrendering to Jesus, and bearing fruit.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:29 PM

That's the part I'm asking about the most. Where are the believers that are turning from their sinful pasts, surrendering to Jesus, and bearing fruit.

Perhaps the answer lies in adjusting the order of your closing statement.

First, Surrender to Jesus. Know Him. Love Him. Seek Him. I have seen in my own life that as He increases, I decrease. I stopped "focusing" and "dwelling" on sin and started adoring, glorifying, exalting and proclaiming the Person, Jesus Christ. It change everything. Sin became exceedingly sinful. Christ became exceeding personal and powerful. Repentance was, and is, a spontaneous result of surrendering to Christ.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:03 PM

I understand what you mean regarding alter calls and young Children, are they following their friends to the front? Are they going so they can get a closer look at whats happening? Or are they going to accept Christ?
Who can know the intention of their hearts, only Christ. If a young Child in his or her own heart believes in Jesus and knows right from wrong and asks him into their heart WITHOUT all the baggage that we carry as adults and to be perfectly honest Children come to Christ with a purer heart and with more trust because they haven't been tainted by the world as much as we, as adults have.
We are to become like Children, trusting, willing to learn and wanting to grow.
Mat 18:2-3
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Children are our example of Trust.
Mat 19:14
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Mark 9:37
Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

In My Saviour's name , The LORD Jesus Christ

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 08-22-2008 at 05:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualcrusader View Post
Why has many Born again, Bible believing, fundimental, churches stopped preaching repentance? I'm concerned, because without repentance there is no remission of sin.

Wasn't Saul driven to his knees by the Holy, Soverign God? Don't you think repentance was involved when God showed grace to Saul, and allowed him to come to the realization that He was sinning by "kicking against the pricks"? Through grace Paul was used of God in "His" ministry.

Humanism has crept into many churches, and has caused many to become false teachers. Humanistic salvation will send people to Hell. Some of these people truly believe they are saved, but if you watch, they are living religious lives trying to do things "of themselves" that only God can do through them.

Where is the Holy Spirit filled Christain?

A national from the Philipines was traveling our country. He attended a common American church missions confrence. Later that day at lunch, the pastor asked what he thought about American churches. The national replied,"its amazing how much American churches do without God."

Churches built on flesh only produce more flesh, but churches built through the Spirit produce Spirit filled believers.:
Aloha brother,

I greatly appreciate your post and thoroughly agree with the Filipino pastor's remarks on American churches (in general - of course!)

I am convinced if you want to see how a New Testament church is truly supposed to operate in this day and age, you will have to go to China, India, South Korea, or the Philippines, etc., in order to see churches functioning like the New Testament churches of Paul's day.