Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 AM

Scott,
You said you were coming to Hawaii. Please elaborate. We live on the Island of Kauai. If you are coming here we would love to meet you and your wife. Please advise. You may email George.

Aloha,
Irene
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Scott,
You said you were coming to Hawaii. Please elaborate. We live on the Island of Kauai. If you are coming here we would love to meet you and your wife. Please advise. You may email George.

Aloha,
Irene
Hi Irene, we would love to meet you both also, I will email George.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Yes its a great verse, however I dont think it applies to the "Church" As In the Body of Christ but the "Church" as In the Elders of that time being spiritual leaders and teaching the family or gathering. This extended outside the family as fellowship of those that believed in God. These are my thoughts though and "when" the Church started is not a fundamental doctrine.
House of God

This phase is uses in 87 verses.

First used in;
And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven. Genesis 28:17

And used last in;
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 1 Peter 4:17

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. 1 Timothy 3:15

Following the verse list on the house of God, and arriving to this verse would make me wonder if the church has always exist and in light of the methodology of how many rightly dividing the word of God, it would have implications on many of the accepted doctrine.

So has the church always existed or is it essentially new and in the dispensationalist church age view does this not have profound implication?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:17 PM

Default Re: House of God

Aloha Scott,

In regards to your comments - "House of God".

Genesis 28:17 And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.

The term "house of God" in the entire Old Testament and in all of the Gospels is always in reference to a "PLACE" {The "PLACE" where Jacob was; The Tabernacle; or the Temple}. The term "house of God" used only in 1Timothy 3:15; Hebrews 10:21; and 1Peter 4:17 are all in reference to a "PEOPLE" - NOT A "PLACE"!

There is NO CONFUSION - If you "rightly divide the word of truth".

It appears to me that you are either ignoring everything that I have said on this subject or you can't understand what was said.

The "church" (New Testament) was NOT in existence until AFTER the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. I would advise you to avoid "Speculation" when it comes to doctrine. Speculation, conjecture, hypothesis, hunches, suppositions, surmises, theories and "guesswork" have NO PART in the study of the Bible!

As I said - I will have more to say on this subject shortly.

Last edited by George; 09-11-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:12 PM

Scott,

This is going beyond contending for the faith, are you being contentious? You first asked about this subject in another thread and so George started this one. Did you have a hidden agenda to mold us to be of like mind as you?

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Perhaps it is time to rest and wait on the Lord, many many verses have been given here, with God's faith and a time of prayer, perhaps deceitful hearts will come to the discernment of truth.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Proverbs 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.

In our quest of knowledge today we often forget:

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And we are:

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I am grateful for this time of Grace where we can become the Church, and look forward to the coming of our Lord.

Aloha,
Renee

Last edited by Renee; 09-11-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 PM

If you give a baby too much Milk it will be sick, if you try and fit too much of the "sincere" milk of the Word in at once you will only sicken yourself, take Renee's advice study each verse prayerfully and wait on the LORD.
I say this in Love, I say this as a brother.....slow down!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Scott,

This is going beyond contending for the faith, are you being contentious? You first asked about this subject in another thread and so George started this one. Did you have a hidden agenda to mold us to be of like mind as you?

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Perhaps it is time to rest and wait on the Lord, many many verses have been given here, with God's faith and a time of prayer, perhaps deceitful hearts will come to the discernment of truth.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Proverbs 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.

In our quest of knowledge today we often forget:

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And we are:

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I am grateful for this time of Grace where we can become the Church, and look forward to the coming of our Lord.

Aloha,
Renee
Aloha Renee,

I have no hidden agenda, just lots of questions; I never really had the input that you all provide, I sorry that I may be coming off strong. It not meant to offend; I have so many questions. What I may appear to be is not saying direct because I am tippy toe a little so as not offend. I can see I don't see eye to eye with most of you.
I have been called a lot mean names and I am just trying to understand you all. So I am probable beating around the bush to see how far I can go on some subjects.
I really do love you all. George has been very gracious with me and the most patience and loving, others have not been so.
I have only one agenda, which is to know the truth.
So again please be patience with me, I wish I had more liberty to talk freely, but I seen one guy get banned, and I really did think he deserved anything but a reprimand.
So I am trying to be careful not to offend.
I have never said a mean thing to anyone.
As far as George answering I appreciate all he is doing and has done, this is all foreign to me. I really have been that sheltered from all your point of views.
To tell you we have had to start a small church, because there is no churches in our area that use the King James Bible.
So you see I have no place to go to have King James users help with all these strange doctrines, (strange to me), anyway.
I have no where to go, this is it.
The whole church has gone nuts it seems, they all have their own point a view, some similar to you all and some not, but you are King James and they are not.
I would rather have you all explain than them, I am open to hear, and God is dealing with me not to be offended, but just read and listen.
What happens is that hear one thing and the next thing pops into my head.
I think if I said something I would get in more trouble than I am already in.
So I am hesitating to ask really hard questions so I am trying pull out what I can.
I do not want discord, I would prefer to stand up and let the chip fall where they fall and let Jesus Christ be glorified in our reasoning.
I have tried to be as transparent as you can, you know my name, where I live, what I do, how long I have been married, ask me anything I will tell you.
I love Jesus for saving me, for my wife and daughter and the endless blessing he has poured out on me and in me.
Well that is all I guess, I hope you would still want to meet us, but if you are uncomfortable that’s all right.

God Bless you, May the love and hope of Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God enrich you with all that you may hope for and need.

Aloha
Scott Simons,
Peoa, Utah
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
I have only one agenda, which is to know the truth.
So again please be patience with me, I wish I had more liberty to talk freely, but I seen one guy get banned, and I really did think he deserved anything but a reprimand.
So I am trying to be careful not to offend.
I have never said a mean thing to anyone.
I know that your agenda is to know the truth, but the Holy Spirit of God will never allow you in on truth when you are trying to juggle too many things at once, you need to focus on one thing at a time, I know the feeling when you discover something then something else pops into your head and you wander off in that direction, it only leads you down the wrong path and you end up lost.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

In regards to gophgetter being banned, he had a different agenda from his first post and that was to stir up contention

Proverbs 17:14
The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.

Like I have said before, slow down! Focus on one thing at a time and I guarantee that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth, it takes time and patience!

Matthew 11:29-30
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

In Christian Love
Old 09-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
I know that your agenda is to know the truth, but the Holy Spirit of God will never allow you in on truth when you are trying to juggle too many things at once, you need to focus on one thing at a time, I know the feeling when you discover something then something else pops into your head and you wander off in that direction, it only leads you down the wrong path and you end up lost.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

In regards to gophgetter being banned, he had a different agenda from his first post and that was to stir up contention

Proverbs 17:14
The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.

Like I have said before, slow down! Focus on one thing at a time and I guarantee that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth, it takes time and patience!

Matthew 11:29-30
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

In Christian Love
I know what you are saying, and can see how you think that way, sorry to mislead you to think that way but that is not my objective and I did not mean to make you think I have a problem multi tasking. Keep seeking brother. Please interject when you have helpful to the topic
Love you.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
I know what you are saying, and can see how you think that way, sorry to mislead you to think that way but that is not my objective and I did not mean to make you think I have a problem multi tasking. Keep seeking brother. Please interject when you have helpful to the topic
Love you.
I really don't know what way to take that underlined statement ?
It comes across as though anything I have inputed is of no use to you, and to be honest I find that a little bit disheartening.
But anyways, I am Strong in the faith and it wont shake me, I never questioned your ability to multitask, studying the bible is not about multitasking its about rightly dividing with patience. I fear that because I may be a younger man than yourself you may assume I don't know scripture and that you shouldn't take note of anything I say. That is entirely up to you, but I assure you, The LORD Jesus Christ has shown me great discernment with many things and for that I am eternally grateful.

Jeremiah 9:24
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.