Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:25 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry
Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Too bad you are taking this out of context, for it only applied to Gods covenant people at the time..Israel..

Even then it was limited in scope, for it did not even applie to the surronding nations..

In its spiritual application it would apply to only the elect, and even still more, this does not imply or teach mans will is free..
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-30-2008, 08:30 AM
jerry

It obviously doesn't apply to the saved - it is an invitation to salvation. God is calling the lost to repent and come to Him.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:01 AM
beloved57

Quote:
It obviously doesn't apply to the saved - it is an invitation to salvation. God is calling the lost to repent and come to Him.
Only the saved are call to repent because it has been granted to them from their saviour..

acts 5:

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Also peter is preaching particular redemption or limited atonement..
Old 04-06-2008, 05:57 AM
jerry

You must have missed a few passages then.

Here's a couple:

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Perish means to go to hell - these were people who were lost and on their way to hell.

Acts 2:37-38 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hm, they were wondering how to be saved - that tells me they were lost, as the passage indicates.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

God wants all mankind to repent.

Acts 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

God wants the Gentiles to repent and turn to God - ie. they were not saved yet.

There are many others.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:41 AM

"If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.
And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever." Ex 21

This is a picture of our free will. God does not coerce our will and does not want unwilling folks. God gives us the will to choose. What love would that be to serve unwillingly? It is unloved, not beloved 57.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:58 AM
jerry

I agree - that pictures freewill in service though, not in salvation.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:07 AM
beloved57

Quote:
God wants all mankind to repent.
Its to bad you cant find that stated in the bible...

on the day of pentecost you erronously add your faulty interpretation, peter did not say that God desires all mankind to repent, in fact, peter taught a limited particular atonement, for peter did not even understand when he preached this sermon that the gentiles too were a chosen people of God..He came to that understanding in acts 10..

So you show your ignorance of scripture here in bringing up acts 2.

He peter was addressing the house of Israel

acts 2:

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

The repentance was from the partaking of putting to death the Lord Jesus christ,,

acts 2:

23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Peter seen already they had been granted the gift of repentance, he just further instructed them..

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

peter knew that these men were convicted by the holy ghost as jesus promised he would do to the elect church..jn 16:

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

he convicted those jews there on pentecost because of their past unbelief and putting him to death. That also means that the elect are delivered from unbelief by the mighty working of the spirit of God..

peter also clearly designated that this salvation is toward only a called people, not all mankind like you so falsely impose with your false teaching..

acts 2:

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

so dont try and run to peter on acts 2 to help promote your lies..

repentance is a gift to a chosen people from their saviour..

acts 5:

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:23 AM
jerry

I guess this verse doesn't teach what it says - hm, guess you can't figure out what it means then...

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Old 04-06-2008, 09:54 AM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I guess this verse doesn't teach what it says - hm, guess you can't figure out what it means then...

lol you dont know the bible man..you ignore all the good teaching i give you, which indicates you may not be an elect..
Old 04-06-2008, 02:10 PM
jerry

You still haven't proved to me that you are one of the elect. All the good teaching? A little bit high on yourself...