General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:26 PM
KelownaJim

Default king james study bible

I would like some input on the King James Study Bible (thomas nelson). I bought years ago - have been using my son's Personal size (not so heavy) & am enjoying it.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-06-2008, 11:51 AM

Hi Jim, Welcome
Im not sure on the particular Bible you mention, but im certain other more learned brothers on the site can help you as they have studied many different versions. However from what I personally know about Thomas Nelson publishers makes me very wary of anything they would publish, they published the NKJV claiming that nothing was changed and included that strange occult symbol on the front that they claimed was an "ancient symbol for the Trinity", they publish various other material contrary to "Christian" teaching, ie The Catholic encyclopedia and they publish Books by Benny Hinn, and thats enough for me to steer clear of anything published by them. Having a quick look at thier site confirmed these fears.
This however is MY personal opinion, I could be wrong but I prefer to err on the side of caution and aviod.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim delgatty View Post
I would like some input on the King James Study Bible (thomas nelson). I bought years ago - have been using my son's Personal size (not so heavy) & am enjoying it.

Aloha Jim,

Please Check out AV1611 Forums > "Bible Studies" > In Regards To "Study Bibles" > Post #1 [06-06-2008, 02:31 PM]

Rather than repeat my Post, I would recommend that you read what I wrote at that time.

I hope that it will be of some help or at least edifying.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 AM

Lightbulb Answer to Thread Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelownaJim View Post
Hello KelownaJim:--- The "King James Study Bible" was printed by Thomas Nelson Pubs. It had notes and introductions to the Books of the Bible and other standard reference helps. The Intro and many/most of the notes were written by the late Pastor Jerry Falwell and many of the pastors/teachers/professors of the Thomas Road Baptist Church and the college that they sponsor, Liberty University. It takes the Pre-Mil/Pre-Trib Rapture viewpoint on eschatology (study of Last Things), is Dispensational and is heavily Arminian.

It was sent to people who had donated money to "The Old-Time Gospel Hour". Also sent to folks (like me) who had purchased the Liberty Home Bible Study Course.

If someone ever asks me (and even if they don't ask) to recommend a Study or Reference Bible, it would be: The Open Bible (K.J-A.V.) by Thomas Nelson Pubs. because of it's Cyclopedic Reference with Thousands of entries, it's very good Book introductions, and the Very Good "Christian Life Study Notes and Outlines". They also present 4 views of Eschatology and let the reader decide.

Next would be one that's been around for many years: Thompson Chain-Reference Bible. Much info and many helps for the reader. If you are interested you can Google their website.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:19 PM

Smile king james study bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelownaJim View Post
I used to use it but now I have learned that if you just have a King James Bible without notes or commentary it is best. If not, the notes will lead you away from what the Bible is actually saying.

The Bible is its best commentary the rest is just the opinion of men.

Also using a Bible with notes it is just about impossible to learn to rightly divide the scripture, the notes will lead you to apply what was written to another group in another time to yourself thus creating confusion.