Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM

Default New Century

My wonderful mother in law is fightin with me about the King James issue. She says there's no difference between her New Century Bible and my King James. Without havin to buy one and read through and find out, can someone give me some ammunition to prove her wrong.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-01-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
My wonderful mother in law is fightin with me about the King James issue. She says there's no difference between her New Century Bible and my King James. Without havin to buy one and read through and find out, can someone give me some ammunition to prove her wrong.
The last 12 verses of Mark will be missing. I John 5:7 will be missing. Daniel 3:25 will be "a son of the gods", a demon, instead of the correct reading, "the son of God". Revelation 1:6 will be "His God and Father" rather than the correct "God and His Father". I Tim, 3:16 will be "he who was manifest in the flesh" rather than the correct "God was manifest in the flesh".

The NCB is translated from texts owned by the Catholic Church that they will only give photos of, and the publisher of my NC new testament was affiliated with The Church Of Christ.

That will be good for starters

Grace and peace

Bones, former COC
Old 03-01-2009, 10:31 PM

Default NCB

Thank you brother! That helps a bunch! God bless ya brother.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you brother! That helps a bunch! God bless ya brother.

I had nearly all, up to 1990, of the fake bibles, 135 copies. They were basically all the same. If you get a tract on the NASB, NIV, something like The Eye Opener or other expose' of corrupt versions, you will see the NCB is basically another translation of Vaticainus as the 215 versions now extant as Dr. Ruckman has cataloged.

These Alexandrian Book Dealers state NO bible is "inspired, only the "message". This was Karl Barth's heresy(Neo-orthodoxy). They will say that ONLY the "original manuscripts" are "inspired". Note the following:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Where does faith come from?

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

There is NO UNINSPIRED word of God as claimed by James White and others, and if only the original manuscripts are inspired by God, then Romans 10:17 should read:

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the original manuscripts

If The Original Manuscript Fraud is true, there has been NO SALVATION for ANYONE since they deteriorated.

My, and the prayers of this forum, are with you, my friend. Be bold as Paul commanded. Any other help you need, ask of me or anyone else here.

Grace and peace

Tony Bones

Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 PM

Default NCB

God bless you brother. I'm a young preacher, and my spirit automatically lines-up with the King James 1611 and it is the PERFECT word of God in the English Language, the FINAL AUTHORITY! Flesh and blood hath not revealed this unto me but my father which is in heaven, but I do try to study this matter as oft as the Lord permits. It's hard to prove them wrong, if you don't know what their Bible is saying or where it stems from. So, I appreciate the help and for the kind words. May God Bless you!

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
God bless you brother. I'm a young preacher...
Hi brother CB, how's the preaching coming along? Whereabouts are you preaching?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:54 PM

Default Preaching

Miracle Baptist Church in Strawberry Plains, TN. I don't know how to put it in to words. The Lord has done it all. I preached in revival this past Friday night and it was wonderful. Needless to say, it wasn't me preaching. It was all him. I praise his holy name. He's done it all. I've only preached 6 times before this and I came prepared/studied for what I completely felt was The message he wanted preached. Then, halfway through the song service he changed it on me. Never had that happened before and was scared to death, so I grabbed my pastor and we went back in the Sunday School room and prayed. The only thing the Lord said was to start reading Isaiah 53. So, I did. Then, I just opened my mouth and he preached through me. Never felt nothing like it in all my life. It was wonderful! Words couldn't describe feeling him on me like that. Didn't even have notes, he just preached. I just thank the Lord Jesus Christ for what he's done for me. I owe him everything!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
God bless you brother. I'm a young preacher, and my spirit automatically lines-up with the King James 1611 and it is the PERFECT word of God in the English Language, the FINAL AUTHORITY! Flesh and blood hath not revealed this unto me but my father which is in heaven, but I do try to study this matter as oft as the Lord permits. It's hard to prove them wrong, if you don't know what their Bible is saying or where it stems from. So, I appreciate the help and for the kind words. May God Bless you!

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee!
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Clint, these two verse tie in beautifully:

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

By His grace are we saved through faith, the word of God then is called the word of faith, the well we draw from to renew our faith and refresh ourselves, the well we draw saving faith from to give to the souls of the dried and parched lost.

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

There is a rock band, System Of A Down, has a song describing Christ's crucifixtion a "...self-righteous suicide". The lost world denies the Scriptures, they have no idea how much they FULFILL them.

2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

I went to a Christian college, I know people in them and been in them, and nowhere in colleges is anyone taught how to reprove, rebuke, or exhort.

Tatoo these two verse on the back of your hand:

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Remember this long after this forum has closed, if it ever does: When a man tells you the bible in your hand is not inspired, ask him why even have churches? Why not just close them? When a man says only the "original manuscripts" are inspired, ask him then why he believes no one has been saved since they decayed?

Young men like you are worth more than 100 Christian colleges. You are on the frontlines, they are AWOL deserters who teach unbelief that we even have an inspired Bible.

You know, I know, Matt knows, we do.

Grace and peace brother

Tony
Old 03-02-2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Miracle Baptist Church in Strawberry Plains, TN. I don't know how to put it in to words. The Lord has done it all. I preached in revival this past Friday night and it was wonderful. Needless to say, it wasn't me preaching. It was all him. I praise his holy name. He's done it all. I've only preached 6 times before this and I came prepared/studied for what I completely felt was The message he wanted preached. Then, halfway through the song service he changed it on me. Never had that happened before and was scared to death, so I grabbed my pastor and we went back in the Sunday School room and prayed. The only thing the Lord said was to start reading Isaiah 53. So, I did. Then, I just opened my mouth and he preached through me. Never felt nothing like it in all my life. It was wonderful! Words couldn't describe feeling him on me like that. Didn't even have notes, he just preached. I just thank the Lord Jesus Christ for what he's done for me. I owe him everything!
Clint, I am in the Dayton Ohio area, soon as I can get back on my feet financially I'll drop in Miracle Baptist. I'll be in a Dodge Challenger, you'll hear me coming before you see me, he he.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 AM

Default Re: " New Century"

Quote:
Quote:
"My wonderful mother in law is fightin with me about the King James issue. She says there's no difference between her New Century Bible and my King James. Without havin to buy one and read through and find out, can someone give me some ammunition to prove her wrong."

Aloha brother Clint,

When someone makes the statement: "there's no difference between her New Century Bible and my King James." They are only demonstrating their ignorance. First off: all of the modern Bibles have a "Copyright" - which not only means that the Publishers are claiming "exclusive rights" to God's Holy words ; but every book that has a "copyright" must be (by law) approximately 7% different than any other book, which, simply put, means that not only is the the New Century version "different" from the King James Bible - it is DIFFERENT from every other "bible" out on the MARKET! Ignorance is bliss!

There is no "copyright" on the King James Bible, unless a Publisher prints "references", "concordances", "helps" (?), etc. along with the text, in which case they can claim a "copyright" on their material, but NOT on the Holy words of God! All of the modern versions have a "copyright" on the "TEXT" of their so-called bibles.

There is a lot of information out there (in books, booklets, pamphlets, web pages, etc.) on the King James Bible issue (i.e. "Which Bible"). The following web pages and information may be of some help to you:

RECOMMENDED WEB PAGES

http://av1611.com/kjbp/
{Diligent's (Brandon Stagg's) page - Checkout "Westcott & Hort's Magic Marker Binge"}
http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/ {Will Kinney's Page}
http://www.preservedwords.com/
http://www.kjv1611.org.uk/
http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/ {my personal page}

There is enough information on the web pages cited above to keep someone occupied for months (possibly years).

The following is a recommended list of Authors of books covering the subject "Which Bible":

IN THE PAST:
John W. Burgon, Edward Miller, F. H. Scrivener, Herman Hoskier, Bishop Wordsworth, Canon Cook, Sir Robert Anderson, Philip Mauro, Joseph C. Philpot, George Sayles Bishop, Benjamin C. Wilkinson, Robert Dick Wilson Edward F. Hills and David Otis Fuller.

PRESENT DAY:
J.J Ray, Terence H. Brown, Henry Coray, Zane C. Hodges, Alfred Martin, Peter S. Ruckman, David Fountain, Gordon P. Gardiner, Wilbur N. Pickering, Donald T. Clarke, Bruce Cummins, Dick Cimino, Barry Burton, Perry F. Rockwood, , Billy Bartlett, Larry Bartlett Herbert Noe, William P. Grady, Thomas Holland, Floyd Nolan Jones, Lawrence M. Vance, Kent Brandenburg, Douglas T. Stauffer, and Michael Maynard. {I personally recommend "Forever Settled" by Dr. Jack Moorman as an excellent "first book" - if you have never studied this issue in depth.}

Some of the aforementioned authors may not be KJB all the way, but they will be helpful in your search for information in trying to determine the TRUTH of this issue.

May God bless your endeavors on His behalf, and always keep in mind:

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.