General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Tonybones reply:

Aloha brother Tony,

Just for your information: freesundayschoollessons (FSSL) Joined the AV1611 Bible Forums on May 11, 2008 and posted his first (controversial) Thread - “The words "baptism" and "church" in the KJV” (http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...19&postcount=1). On his very first day on the Forum he was “confrontational” (in a “NICE” {PC} way – of course!) and argumentative.

FSSL claimed: “I am here to "get inside your minds." I have no grand illusions of persuading you. I want to learn why you are KJVOnly.”, but the whole time he was here (until he was banned) he kept “baiting” anyone who would engage him in conversation with Sophistical arguments and “word games” (While all the time displaying his superior knowledge of the “Which Bible” issue).

The man is a perfect example of a “SOPHIST” {2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.} and never learned a thing the whole time he was here – BUT we “learned” a whole lot about him and his pernicious ways!

FSSL posted 4 Threads & 85 Posts while he was on the AV1611 Forums; if you care to review any of his clever, subtle, malicious, destructive, and malignant comments, you can find them here: http://av1611.com/forums/member.php?u=227

Trying to reason with a “SOPHIST” is an EXERCISE IN FUTILITY!

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
George, thank you for the links. I read the threads, and it's just echoes of parrotings I've heard over the years in person, in schools, churches, and on the web. I agree we need to not make this issue our only ministry. Personal evangelism is our main job. Reading Jaqui's testimony only redoubles my desire to...discuss the issue, shall we say?

Thank you brother, your website rocks too

Grace and peace

Tony
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-25-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
It is very saddening that those who reject the purity of the Scriptures and question what is and what isn't God's words can never experience the deep joy that comes to those who know the truth.

I can understand how some of them will claim that we "worship" the Bible. Because they can only look at us from the outside and know nothing of what is taking place within us, it is not surprising for them to misread our actions.

When David said, "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD." (Psalm 122:1), it was not that he worshipped the house. He worshipped the One he met there. I do not worship a leather book, I worship the One I meet when I read it.
Tim that is so true. That is why I struggled so much with my prayer life and my sense of God, when I stopped reading His word. Of course it didn't happen in a second and so I didn't associate it with not reading the Authorised Bible.

Also I found that there are any number of things that exist within the churches today that masquerade as God. It is easy to get caught up in believing that you are worshipping or following the Lord when in fact you are following a doctrine, or a movement or a false prophecy.

Since returning to the KJV I have found answers that I have been crying out to the Lord about for years. Why did I get deceived, because I stopped judging everything by the Word. I then found it easier and easier to believe more and more lies.

The renewing of my mind that has been occurring since resoaking in the Word of God has begun to strip away lies and to reestablish the truths that I once held so strongly. I have even found that my kids are already starting to talk about things that they are seeing and how much better they are finding it, reading the Bible.

Even my three year old, likes it when I sit with her and read her new Bible, a kids KJV. We had an interesting discussion about how God made the world and the sun, and the moon. She was glad that He had made birds and fish and especially peanut butter. (well the peanuts).

She would never sit and let me read to her from another Bible. Yet she sits and listens to the KJV.

It can't be the book, it must be the author. He is living and blesses the reading of His word. His word never returns void and always does what He sets out for it to do. In our lives it is bringing great blessing as we once again learn the truth about our Saviour, and come face to face with our King.

What an awesome God we serve.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2411 View Post
It can't be the book, it must be the author. He is living and blesses the reading of His word...
A little of both I think. The book is unlike any other, and God is using His Word to teach and bless you and your family. A very nice place to be...
Old 04-25-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
The renewing of my mind that has been occurring since resoaking in the Word of God has begun to strip away lies and to reestablish the truths that I once held so strongly. I have even found that my kids are already starting to talk about things that they are seeing and how much better they are finding it, reading the Bible.

What an awesome God we serve.
Jacqui! You are so right, sister..reading from the KJB renews; replaces lies and what we have often perceived about God..establishes truths that never fail...and the JOY it brings, the 'rightness' and it keeps us..I 've often said.."it sings to me"! So glad you are establishing the word, hidden in your childrens' hearts. Again, welcome to the forum
Old 04-26-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Thank you Tim. I must say that I am still walking on air so to speak. I am finding my love for the Word so increased and even physically I am feeling more peace.

I have suffered from terrible insomnia for years, not only difficulty in falling asleep but staying asleep or sleeping peacefully. Since returning to the KJV, and reading before I go to sleep, my sleep patterns have improved and I have had peaceful sleep for the first time in years.

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

God's Word is more powerful than we imagine and it affects all of us, our spirits, our minds and our bodies. My life is being transformed and no number of arguments could ever move me again from my love for the Lord and His Word.
Jacqui, it's great to hear of your experience in your return. I remember a similar feeling, one of great peace and joy, and the Scriptures themselves even seemed to open themselves up when in the past it seemed impossible to understand. The Lord bless you!