Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:20 AM
jerry

Speaking in a crude manner is still sin, and the Bible commands us to guard our speach and not be corrupt in it, so it does not matter what his background is.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-30-2008, 10:24 AM
jerry

This is what God says about our speech - going against His commands is sin, plain and simple.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Salt is a preservative that prevents corruption.

Titus 2:7-8 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Geologist said, "And if you don't like this kind of plain speaking, then stick your head in a bucket three times and pull it out twice."
Geologist, may your own words judge you.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:27 PM

Gentlemen, have you overlooked that Dr. Ruckman ends all of his "abusive" remarks with the "and I say that with charity, of course!?!"
Old 04-02-2008, 02:05 PM
jerry

Um, how does that make his abusive remarks charitable - just because he said they were?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Pastor Mikie

I can't say "amen" to everything Dr. Ruckman says. However, I do use his material as a resource.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Brother Ruckman

To: "The Geologist"

Aloha brother,

For the record: There are only a few people on this Forum who "strongly" object to brother Ruckman. (brother Jerry & Brother Tim foremost)

When I joined in 3/08/08 I made the following observations:

{AV1611 Bible Forums > General Chit-Chat - Page #7}
Quote:
Peter S. Ruckman - Crackpot or Crusader?
Aloha all,

I'm new to this forum and have browsed around it reading most of the posts.

I personally think that this is one of the best forms I have seen {Full disclosure} although since "Diligent" is my son-in-law (married to our youngest daughter "Jaebird"), I may be slightly prejudiced.

However, I have noticed that there is one thing that this King James Bible Forum has in common with some others that I have seen - and that is a tendency on the part of some members (Bible believers to be sure) to dissociate or distance themselves from, or even criticize and tear down brother Peter Ruckman.

I also have noticed that many, if not most, of the negative comments that I read were based on "hearsay". So - before I make my comments I have 3 (three) questions to ask of any and all of those who have commented.

#1. Have you ever read any of the many books, commentaries, booklets, pamphlets, etc. that brother Ruckman has written? (And if so - how many? You don't have to list the names just the number -I'll trust you to be honest and truthful).

#2. Have you ever heard any of Peter Ruckman's numerous preaching and teaching tapes? (If so - how many? You don't have to list the names just the number -I'll trust you to be honest and truthful).

#3. Have you ever actually met brother Ruckman or been at any of his meetings where he has either preached or taught the word of God? (If so - where and when? I'll trust you to be honest and truthful).

The reason I put these questions to you is quite simple. I don't trust hearsay! After being saved for 50 years and having attended various churches and dealing with "all kinds" of Christians, sad to say, I don't trust Christians to judge matters the way that our Lord commanded us to Judge. (Matthew 7:1-2; John 7:24).

After a suitable amount of time I will truthfully answer all 3 questions myself and then make my comments.
Here are the answers I received from those who have objected to brother Ruckman (Underlines are mine):

Quote:
Jerry Senior Member

"I read at least two commentaries by him: Job and James -and as many articles as I could find online in 97-98, when I was first doing research on Bible versions. At first I liked his boldness, and willingness to expose those who didn't stand for the truth - but after a while I realized I was getting an aggressive attitude like he had - and the Lord got me to analyze it. His writings are filled with unjustified insults to his brethren, not making a distinction between an absolute heretic/apostate and someone who just dots their i's a little differently, slanders on David Cloud's position on the King James Bible (I have been reading Cloud for 10 years now, and he has never once corrected the KJV or called it into question - in fact, his research and studies reinforce it over and over again), and over time I have come across various articles that were fanciful additions to Scripture, as well as teaching the KJV is reinspired, corrects the underlying mansucripts (rather than being an accurate reflection of them), being a hyperdispensationalist. I have decided to not read his material any more - there are many other sound defenders of the KJV who don't wing it or get in the flesh in their defense of the KJV."
If you go through the General "chit chat" Section of the Forum under the heading "Dr. Ruckman" (15 Pages!) you will see several several other "negative" comments Jerry made about brother Ruckman - (before I joined up). {There is some confusion in the "thread" because someone introduced another "subject" (a no-no) into the "thread".}

"Brother Tim" had some "negative" comments about him in another thread ("Bible Studies"). He never did say how much he knew about him except that he objected to brother Ruckman's crude language.

On 3/11/08 (Page 10) I returned with a lengthy personal testimony about my relationship and knowledge of brother Ruckman and after a few comments by some of the brethren (most of which were "favorable" to brother Ruckman) there has been no criticism of him until now.

I find it very "instructive" that the same two people didn't hesitate to (once again) jump on brother Ruckman and freely criticize him. I thought we were done with that, but I guess as long as you are "nice" and "sweet" about it, that you can "bad mouth" a brother whenever you want to!

I don't know exactly why Brother Tim has a problem with brother Ruckman, but I do have a strong suspicion as to why brother Jerry has a "bone of contention" with him.

Brother Jerry is a big "fan" of brother David Cloud (He has referred to brother Cloud on this Forum and has "linked" to brother Cloud's site on occasion). I have visited brother Jerry's web page several times and it is real clear that he has a real high regard for brother David Cloud.

As you may or may not know there is a "feud" going on between brother Cloud and brother Ruckman. I have tried to look into it and although I am not absolutely sure. it appears that in the middle 1980's brother Cloud wrote (from Nepal)to brother Ruckman and criticized him for his "attitude" and it must have "offended" brother Ruckman, because he came back at him "like you know what". At this point I am not going to judge who's at fault, I just wish we Christians would stop "eating our young".

If you read my rather long post about brother Ruckman you'll know exactly where I stand on the man (by all appearances - close to where you stand). But I am going to make a promise to the "brethren" on this Forum: You may rest assured every time I see someone "criticize" brother Ruckman they are going to hear from me.

There are a lot of threads on this Forum that are worthwhile - we don't need "fried Ruckman" for lunch every once in a while!

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy word,

George

p.s. Check out Stvvv1611's posts - he's "hot as a pistol"

Last edited by George; 04-02-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:39 PM
jerry

Judge my posts, George, but it is wrong for you to judge my motives. I am not against Ruckman because I appreciate Cloud's material. I recommend Cloud's resources because I am like-minded in beliefs - just as I am assuming various people recommend Ruckman because they are like-minded to what he believes. I stand against Ruckman because there are various serious problems with him and his material that I have found. I have not found those same problems with Cloud.

However, sin is sin - if someone has a foul mouth - or foul typewriting fingers - then it is wrong, regardless of who the brother is. Also, wacky or heretical doctrine is wrong regardless of who supports it. THAT'S why I am against Ruckman, not because Cloud is against him. The material on Cloud's site has just reinforced my opinion of Ruckman, which I had already formed before I ever heard of or or read Cloud.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I find it very "instructive" that the same two people didn't hesitate to (once again) jump on brother Ruckman and freely criticize him. I thought we were done with that, but I guess as long as you are "nice" and "sweet" about it, that you can "bad mouth" a brother whenever you want to!
George, what I get out of your words is that it's alright to criticize those who don't agree with you, such as Jerry and Brother Tim. However it is not alright to criticize those that you are a big fan of, such as Dr. Ruckman.

Is a man's character determined soley on what their views are and not how they conduct themselves?

Do you not see a double standard here?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:30 PM
browilder61

Geologist,

Is this Gaines Johnson by any chance? This is Steve Wilder, I emailed you from ako before I deployed back in Nov last year. Are you still in Kuwait? Right now I'm still with 4th ID at CP Liberty. Glad you joined the forum, I hope some on this forum visited your Christian Geology site. Later