Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:14 PM

Default The Doc on New Heaven

I was watching a sermon and it was really good. At the end however, he made a comment which I thought "That doesn't sound right".

He said something about how in the New Heaven, Earth and Jerusalem, that he would be carrying couples to other planets, setting them down and telling them to be fruitful and replenish the earth.

Now, I ain't ever heard anything about this before (and I bet this now shows up on the FFF as another "heresy" of the Doc's), but I assume he mentioned it because he has done a study on it somewhere.

I'm not going to name the sermon. People are idiots and will search it out just to find this supposed heresy (even though it's minor, and the entire sermon was about God's kingdom and how God is in charge), and quote it as such without examining evidence (as I am trying to do).

Anyone know where he might have mentioned this? I have about half of his commentaries, so if it is in Genesis, Revelation, the minor prophets or any of the Pauline Epistles, then I should have the notes on it.

I don't really care if he is wrong or right. But I do want to read his notes on it.

Thanks
Luke
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 PM
tandy1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I was watching a sermon and it was really good. At the end however, he made a comment which I thought "That doesn't sound right".

He said something about how in the New Heaven, Earth and Jerusalem, that he would be carrying couples to other planets, setting them down and telling them to be fruitful and replenish the earth.

Now, I ain't ever heard anything about this before (and I bet this now shows up on the FFF as another "heresy" of the Doc's), but I assume he mentioned it because he has done a study on it somewhere.

I'm not going to name the sermon. People are idiots and will search it out just to find this supposed heresy (even though it's minor, and the entire sermon was about God's kingdom and how God is in charge), and quote it as such without examining evidence (as I am trying to do).

Anyone know where he might have mentioned this? I have about half of his commentaries, so if it is in Genesis, Revelation, the minor prophets or any of the Pauline Epistles, then I should have the notes on it.

I don't really care if he is wrong or right. But I do want to read his notes on it.

Thanks
Luke
He believes there will be a period of 33,000 years in which outer space will start to be populated beginning with the 12 constellations (the zodiac) before eternity begins. He calls it the "dispensation of the fulness of times." You can find it beginning on page 588 in his Revelation commentary.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:01 PM

Thanks Tandy.. although, I must ask, do you actually know that, as in, have you read it.. because I found this on way of life

“God has ordained on this earth 12 boundaries, with 12 nations, who are destined to leave this earth (transported by angels--Luke 16:22), and populate outer space infinitely and forever, beginning with the 12 constellations that are seen on the earth once every 12 months” (The Unknown Bible, p. 588).

Which is in a different book. I have his commentary on revelation though, so I will check it out.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:18 AM
tandy1650

Quote:
Thanks Tandy.. although, I must ask, do you actually know that, as in, have you read it.. because I found this on way of life

“God has ordained on this earth 12 boundaries, with 12 nations, who are destined to leave this earth (transported by angels--Luke 16:22), and populate outer space infinitely and forever, beginning with the 12 constellations that are seen on the earth once every 12 months” (The Unknown Bible, p. 588).

Which is in a different book. I have his commentary on revelation though, so I will check it out.
I have had just about all of his commentaries at one time. I still have his Revelation commentary. Regards.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:

Why would they have to be transported by angels? Luke 16:22 has to do with the beggar being carried into Abraham's Bosom by angels. At that time they were the only ones capable of doing something like that. By the time this other thing about people being "destined to leave this earth" happens we will have bodies like the Lord Jesus and could do it.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Why would they have to be transported by angels?
No, Star Trek transporters will be used.

(makes as much sense to me as any other explanation for this "imaginative" and thoroughly unBiblical speculation.)
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 AM

Default Re: "The Doc on New Heaven"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
No, Star Trek transporters will be used.

(makes as much sense to me as any other explanation for this "imaginative" and thoroughly unBiblical speculation.)
Aloha Brother Tim,

So do you believe that this speculation on brother Ruckman's part is "HERESY"?

Quote:
What is even more interesting to me is brother Luke said: "I found this on way of life" - It always fascinates me how certain Christian "celebrities" (who would NEVER speak as "crudely" or as "plainly" as brother Ruckman) manage to attack brother Ruckman for some of his statements and/or speculations.

If the statements and/or speculations are "heresy" they should PROVE it (from the Scriptures), and if they are NOT heresy, they should keep their mouths shut!
Proverbs 6:34 For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
So do you believe that this speculation on brother Ruckman's part is "HERESY"?
George, I do not equate all unBiblical speculation or teaching to heresy. Neither do you. Otherwise you would define Tony's position on baptism as heresy.

UnBiblical teaching or speculation can be heresy if it goes distinctly against clear Biblical teaching and draws one away from the truth. ExtraBiblical speculation is not uncommon, but most of the time it is identified as such. When I speculate on some facet of a Bible narrative, I always point out to my listeners that I am doing so. [example: describing what David may have been thinking as he picked up the five stones]

If Dr. Ruckman is just letting his imagination wander, then as long as he makes that clear, it is fine with me. I just know it isn't true. Why? Because The Scriptures prophecy that the stars will fall from heaven. (Matthew 24:29 and others). The heavens will be destroyed. (Revelation 6:13-14 and others)
Thus, there will be no constellations.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:33 PM

Oh no.. what have I started!

The only reason I posted that quote from wayoflife was because Tandy said it was in Revelation p588, but Cloud said Unkown Bible p588.

It isn't in Revelation page 588 at all (I checked last night). It's nowhere near it.. I couldn't find it, but I might come across it when I get around to reading it.

So I guess Tandy just copied from somewhere else? I don't know his opinion of Ruckman or anything, so I'm not going to accuse.

But Cloud definitely takes things out of context, and his quote will be a summary without any reasoning of what Ruckman said. So until I read what the Doc said, I'm not saying anything more about it.

EDIT: there will also be a new heaven. ALL things are made new.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:45 PM

Will the new heaven be identical to the current? Same stars, same constellations? (since we are speculating..! )