Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:02 PM

Default Romans 14:9

Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another

there would seem to be a lot of folks on the thread some have been here for some time some are new who in fact claim to be Christians yet forget the KJV Bible is their rule of authority for their life.

the above verse if it is practiced, not just about meat, drink or holy day, but anything that would cause a weaker brother to judge another or a stronger one to despise a brother. it is evident in your posts these things are happening.

Tbones and parish are tooth and nail over a man (not the first time for Parish to defend a man to the death). Others are tooth and nail over dispensationalism. Some over Baptism and the Lords Table, confession yet corrupt hearts are showing instead of Charity.

Men and sister's, your attitudes are not in Christ and your are offensive (woe to you whom offense come), thin skinned, overly sensitive, childish and immature. you are causing people to leave the forum, and the contemplation of this whole forum site to be shut down.

Is that what you want? or do you think that is what Satan wants? if so why be an instrument of the devil?

So, I leave you with the following verse to meditate and consider. I ask those of you who are currently debating over men, critical of other posters heart or intent, and you know it all's who wont budge one bit to be the one to be humble. stop posting for a couple of days, deeply consider the two sections of scriptures shared today. Grow in Christ, put on Christ, and put on the Armour of righteousness. than after you have done all to stand upright and soberly then come back.

1Cor 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 ¶ Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 ¶ Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Steve Schwenke

Perhaps shutting the site down would be one answer, but another answer would be to have multiple layers of moderators. This forum has become too much for one man to run. I think it would be wise to bring others on board as moderators to help "police" the conversations a little bit better, and thus keep things toned down.

This system is used on other forums very effectively.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:07 PM

Default Observations

I am new here and it took me 4 months of reading before I joined.

I would like to remind my brethren that I am reading your posts.

Many people are reading your posts.

I do have a suggestion: Wait ten minutes, pray, re-read your post before hitting return.

It will be more edifying and the moderator with have less stress.

GOD is always listening and knows our hearts.

With Love,

Brother-Smith
Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 AM

I think I will be able to keep the moderator busy just trying to figure out how to post. This is the only forum that I participate in. http://av1611.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Last edited by Brother-Smith; 07-12-2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: double post
Old 07-12-2009, 12:25 AM

Steve, if the Holy Ghost cannot be our Moderator no human moderation would be helpful except to cut people off who need to grow more in the Lord.

Bro Smith has the right idea write, pray reread. look at it and see if we would be offended by the words we post.

And let the God who knows the secrets of our hearts judge every word to us before posting it. Yielding to God and not yielding to our flesh is a big lesson we all need to always be learning.

for example if we would recite and pray Romans 14:19 before we begin and then keep that in our posts as we read and post. May be the first step in being more civil.

Lets try and add this verse to our thoughts as well
Roms 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. the power is ours to do this living in the forum with peace it all lies in our control to Yield to God or your flesh

Last edited by chette777; 07-12-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:50 AM

I know I'm not in the "good ole boys" group here, more of an outsider actually.

But I have to agree with you completely.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother-Smith View Post
Many people are reading your posts.
That can both be a blessing and a curse; but I think that is MORE OF A BLESSING.

"Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray!"
Old 07-14-2009, 07:35 PM

Default Outsiders

I believe our posts here can be a huge blessing to lurkers and members alike.
I do get very disappointed when I see posting that falls in to the fleshy temptation of sin, trying to tear apart the brethren and create division. It is a sign of maturity when one can disagree without getting offended and hurling insults at a fellow brother or sister. We do need to contend for the faith and to keep doctrine straight, however all of us are human and fall in to this temptation at one time or another. That is one reason I really enjoy typing to communicate with others in "meaty" matters. lol!
The other side of that is the fact that it is hard to hear tone in a type written message. Seems to me that a lot of people have history and read into comments that are made. Others are just being obstreperous.

Let the HOLY GHOST lead.

Blessings to all!

Brother-Smith

P.S. Y'all are doing a good job at sharpening my sword. Thanks!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 PM

Amen, we all agree to be Holy Ghost led. Praise God.