Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112
I'd take a Watchtower NWT translation over the NIV
Brother, are you serious? The New World Translation has to be one the MOST corrupted perversions out there. No offense brother, but you would have to be insane to put your hands on that filth. It I was stuck in the moon I'd burn both the New International Version and the New World Translation . I hate them both and would rather not have a Bible to read if I had to choose between these two perversions.

Remember what the Watchtower’s New World Translation says about the Lord Jesus Christ:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god" John 1:1

Last edited by Rolando; 04-20-2009 at 07:49 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-20-2009, 09:13 AM

Default Re: "Jeremiah 3:1 ESV vs KJB"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Tony:
Can you recommend a site where I can get a simple, easy to read chart of verse comparisons? I like to print one and and keep it in my Bible so I can show people who want to know. Thanks!
Tim
Aloha brother boaz212,

The following Links should be of some help:

http://av1611.com/kjbp/

http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts.html

You might check and see if you can get a copy of J. J. Ray's "Eye-Opener" Track which is an excellent source for comparisons.

May God bless you in your search for His truth.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Tony:
Can you recommend a site where I can get a simple, easy to read chart of verse comparisons? I like to print one and and keep it in my Bible so I can show people who want to know. Thanks!
Tim
Tim, you can start right here on this site. Go up to the KING JAMES BIBLE PAGE in the upper right corner and as you look through the menu you'll find verse comparisons, the most important being the changes to doctrine the various versions have inflicted. Let me work on it and I'll get you some more.

Grace and peace brother

Tony
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
Brother, are you serious? The New World Translation has to be one the MOST corrupted perversions out there. No offense brother, but you would have to be insane to put your hands on that filth. It I was stuck in the moon I'd burn both the New International Version and the New World Translation . I hate them both and would rather not have a Bible to read if I had to choose between these two perversions.

Remember what the Watchtower’s New World Translation says about the Lord Jesus Christ:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god" John 1:1
Rolando, you should know my friend, Watchtower HQ I understand is 5 city blocks in Brooklyn, "Bethel" as they call, and many JWs have told me that "Jehovah" himself is "present" there. Not my Jehovah

Buddy, I'm dead serious. hands down, if I only had two choices 'twixt the NIV and the NWT, I'll take the NWT any day over the NIV. I've shown the Deity Of Christ from a NWT, the NIV is the most corrupt hodge-podge of useless paper, I would not recommend it as a bible story book. The NWT has a modicum of consistency while the NIV is a mixture of holiness, Nazarene, and most of all, Catholic corruptions that you can;t make a cross reference with at gunpoint.

Rolando, my statement was in no way an endorsement of the NWT, it was a commentary on the absolute worthlessness of the NIV. If a JW translation is preferred over a given "bible", the given bible must be truly worthless.

Grace and peace brother

Tony
Old 04-20-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Yeah, I went from the NIV (New International Version) to the NKJV (New King James Version), too! Thankfully, not much time was spent (wasted) reading it before switching to the pure BIBLE text of 1611.

I still have my original NIV and NKJV books and mark them up from time to time to highlight the changes.

But subtle changes like these found in the ESV (English Standard Version) are most troubling. Don’t these translators realize the mess they’re dumping in the path of the righteous?

With the merchandising of Bibles that’s going on these days (all those fancy stylistic and themed Bibles), it’s clear to me that there’s no respect for the Word of God. It’s just a game of translating old human writings…not God’s Word. The saddest part of all this are the people who shop for Bible versions like they’re shopping for a new pair of jeans (what color, what theme, what version, who’s endorsement).

But the will of God be done, he sees all and hears all.

(Note to Tony: I read your thread about those verses in Isiah...very interesting)
Jerry, I was rooting around over on the main site for this forum, in the verse comparisons, and Brandon uses this verse in Isaiah at the bottom. I thought I'd do a little version comparison, and the message was what I came up with. Surprisingly, and this is not an endorsment, but not as many of the corrupted versions corrupt this one, except of course the National Inquirer Version, the NIV and it's "scroll". My meager version collection has several more versions than I cite, I just don't cite them simply because no one uses them. Franklin Graham and Joni Ericson Tada endorse something called the "Evidence Bible" so I included it. If Cloud gets your feathers ruffled, you need to go to Wallaces blog/website, the guy from Dallas Theological Seminary, the author of the "NET" bible, yet annnnooooooother translation of Vaticanus.

My friend, I've given up on the "Protestants", the charasmatics, and the "evangelicals". If they are saved, or save anyone, it's in spite of themselves.

Brother Will Kenney and others in this forum have a massive amount of info on verse corruptions, I don't want to build on their foundations, I scout out some of the lesser known verse corruptions. I've noticed generally that in the last decade more people are becoming aware of the corruption of Daniel 3:25, and NO one, even Dr, Ruckman, comments on the corruption of Rev. 1:6(God and His Father versus His God and Father). The KJV translators were supposed to have violated the Granville Sharps "theory" of translation in this verse. Two problems: G-S is a THEORY, and G-S was not invented until the late 1700s if my memory is correct.

Get your concordance and run all the verses for the words "fraud" and "defraud" and see why I call the original manuscript frauds what I call them. Burn those verses into your heart. God is not slack in answering the cries of those defrauded.

Grace and peace to you Jerry, more on the way.

Tony
Old 04-20-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112
Rolando, my statement was in no way an endorsement of the NWT, it was a commentary on the absolute worthlessness of the NIV. If a JW translation is preferred over a given "bible", the given bible must be truly worthless.
I know brother. It's just that I really hate the New World Translation because of it's very obvious attacks on the Divine Son ship of the Lord Jesus. To think that the New International Version does even worse is shocking to me! I find it hard to believe that the mainstream NIV does more to attack the Deity of my Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. It's depressing to see how apostate many "Christians" have gotten when the mainstream NIV does more to attack the Godhead, than the more obvious NWT bible. A bible coming from a known cult as the Jehovah (false) Witnesses! This so sad I almost feel like weeping.

Thanks the LORD God for the King James Bible.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
I know brother. It's just that I really hate the New World Translation because of it's very obvious attacks on the Divine Son ship of the Lord Jesus. To think that the New International Version does even worse is shocking to me! I find it hard to believe that the mainstream NIV does more to attack the Deity of my Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. It's depressing to see how apostate many "Christians" have gotten when the mainstream NIV does more to attack the Godhead, than the more obvious NWT bible. A bible coming from a known cult as the Jehovah (false) Witnesses! This so sad I almost feel like weeping.

Thanks the LORD God for the King James Bible.
Brother, follow the links I am going to give Tim, boaz212, for a shocking heads up on the NIV. While I am thinking about it:

http://www.seekgod.ca/chart.htm
http://www.christsassembly.com/liter...sion_bible.htm
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/nivdelet.htm

The third one is one you will find most interesting with regards the NIV, but Christassembly above has a whole link section devoted to the NIV and others.

The NWT "translators" cherry-picked much of their readings. They relied on the two English translations of "The Emphatic Diaglott" NT of the 1800s and I think a second in the 1940s. I have both. What the NWT did do to a tiny, atomic degree is it is just consistent enough over the NIV that you can demonstrate, from a NWT, what many call "the five fundamentals".

Thank God for the KJV? Let's look at the "Christianity Today" wing of fellowship we have in America:

One Lord
One faith
One baptism
One God and Father of all
One body
One Spirit
One Saviour
One payment for sins
100 versions of the bible in English, and none of them given by inspiration, but "...the 'word' of God is in thar, someplace..."(and you better have that out-of-print Rotherham's Emhasized or you won't have "all God's words").

I hope to visit your hometown someday Rolando, we'll hit "Bethel" and tract every car in the parking lots. And it's just as protected by law as their right to bother us while we shave.

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 AM

Default Tim, heads up...

Quote:
Tony:
Tim
http://www.seekgod.ca/chart.htm
http://www.christsassembly.com/liter...sion_bible.htm

This first site is interesting and has much on the way on cultism. This second is enormous in it's information. Tim, you could spend, literally, MONTHS absorbing the information in these two sites. I hope you find them as useful as I have.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 04-21-2009, 05:18 AM

This link of Brandon's site (part of these forums) is a great source to have printed and kept in the back of your Bible, the magic marker chart, just ask someone would they do that to their Bible? Then show them someone already has.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/themagicmarker.html

God Bless
Old 04-22-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
3:1 “If [1] a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man's wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the whore with many lovers; and would you return to me? declares the Lord. ESV

They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD. KJB

I accidently read the wrong verse online (I forgot to bring my Bible to work, and I only normally bring a NT anyway), and it gives a completely different meaning. But, the King James could also be read this way...

It reads as though God is disgusted as the prospect of Israel returning to Him.

Thankfully the rest of the chapter does clarify that God is telling them to come back, but here is what the NIV and a few other versions say

A saying: If a man divorces his wife and she leaves him and marries another man, her first husband shouldn't go back to her again. The land would become thoroughly polluted. "You have acted like a prostitute who has many lovers. And now you want to come back to me!" declares the LORD.

God says, "If a husband divorces his wife And she goes from him And belongs to another man, Will he still return to her? Will not that land be completely polluted? But you are a harlot with many lovers; Yet you turn to Me," declares the LORD. NASB

If a man divorces his wifeand she leaves him and marries another man,
should he return to her again? Would not the land be completely defiled? But you have lived as a prostitute with many lovers—would you now return to me?" declares the LORD. NIV
Thank you for your insight on this. I have beaten this same subject into fine powder at our church. I belong to a once, good old fashioned Southern Baptist church that is about to depart from the AV to the ESV. I have pointed out many verses where the whole meaning of the verse is changed by a word or two. Pure corruption of the scriptures. Not to mention the ESV is also very gender neutral (of course they try to explain it away in the preface to the ESV.) Here is one verse we were studying in Sunday School notice the KJV against the ESV. KJV: DAN5:5 In the same hour came forth fingers of a MAN'S hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote. Now read the ESV DAN5:5 Immediately the fingers of a HUMAN hand appeared and wrote on the plaster of the wall of the king's palace, opposite the lampstand. And the king saw the hand as it wrote. Besides the changed meaning of verses, they also sub the word men, man in many places for human, human being etc,. Needless to say if they go with the ESV, I will be looking for another church. Thankfully after talking with the Pastor he wants more time to evaluate the ESV after seeing all the gender changes I pointed out.