Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwgreene View Post
Forrest... hey buddy, open a new thread...
You stated, "CLEARLY prove to me that God preserved His Word into the English through the KJV."

When you answer the questions: Does the Holy Spirit bear witness with your spirit that you are the child of God? and How does He do it? you'll discover the proof you're searching for.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-23-2008, 02:37 PM
ericwgreene

Ok Ok Ok Forrest... I will prepare an answer be on the look out for it today or so... I need some time on this issue as this is one I rarely go over with people... My KJV-onlyism ran off my charismatic friends... So I have not had to deal with the issue for a while... Thanks for the persistence...
Old 09-23-2008, 02:40 PM

Eric,

Quote:
Atlas - why are you such a jerk?

Was Jesus a jerk when he called false teachers snakes and liars? I'll give you Bible for this if you want.

My example is him not anyone else.

Now as far as jerks go. If I had a client that went with someone else and I knew for a fact that this man would lose $850,00.00 of their money for them. Would I be a jerk if I did not warn them of this action or would I be a jerk if I did not warn them of this action? Well this happened about 8 weeks ago. I warned them about this. Now here you are in a church that that teaches false doctrine and may cause folks to go to hell and you say nothing about it. Would you that may would be something a jerk may do? The soul of man is worth far more than money my friend. Sorry I will not text you ( I can not do so on my land line ) sorry I can not call you on my biz phone ( that would be a lie on my taxes ) sorry you think a jerk, but it's no big deal really. Have a good drive. Yet you will not email me and can so with out breaking any laws. So nm the jerk, now this is funny.

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Atlas - why are you such a jerk? A heated discussion, passionate defense of ones views, pointed arguments... are one thing... But this hatred that pours from you is hardly Christ-like. Luke, peopleoftheway, Brother Tim, Forrest are examples you should follow. The only one acting like a jerk on this board is you.
I am not a good example Eric. I have already called you silly and stubborn, and got furious on the way to work today after being stuck behind the same truck as yesterday, going 10mph all the way to work with an uncovered load of dirt.

I also know my own heart and I am not a good example of a Christian.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:43 PM
ericwgreene

my email is ericwgreene@gmail.com... please email me your number before I hit the road...

by the way... this email address in on the web site all of you found on my first day on the board.. you should already know it...
Old 09-23-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Ok Ok Ok Forrest... I will prepare an answer be on the look out for it today or so... I need some time on this issue as this is one I rarely go over with people... My KJV-onlyism ran off my charismatic friends... So I have not had to deal with the issue for a while... Thanks for the persistence...
No need for me to have the answer, Eric. I sincerely believe that when you answer the questions for yourself, you can then address the statement: "CLEARLY prove to me that God preserved His Word into the English through the KJV."
Old 09-23-2008, 02:45 PM

Luke,

Quote:
I am not a good example Eric. I have already called you silly and stubborn, and got furious on the way to work today after being stuck behind the same truck as yesterday, going 10mph all the way to work with an uncovered load of dirt.

I also know my own heart and I am not a good example of a Christian.
Maybe we are not good examples, we are just saved sinners. The only good thing about us is what the did for us.

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
ericwgreene

Luke - none of us are perfect. And on boards like this our comments can be misread and emotion is never properly conveyed. Furthermore, because we are on these boards we are have the kind of personalities that can sometimes strike out when we should not. But there is a difference between the occassional name calling or ill conceived comment and the hatred that spews forth from Atlas.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:47 PM
ericwgreene

Atlas - I am waiting....
Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 PM

Eric,

You've got mail.

Quote:
But there is a difference between the occassional name calling or ill conceived comment and the hatred that spews forth from Atlas.
So I hate people and you will not stand against false teaching in your own church and help these people being taught false doctrines from the pulpit. Jesus always pointed out false teachers everywhere he went. Now this is funny.

Atlas