General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
James 3:6-10 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

1 Timothy 6:4-5 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

And I shall.

Before you quote scripture as an example of "who" the apostle meant "withdraw yourself" from take the scripture in light of its context.
Backup a verse
1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
This is a warning to the young Timothy about those who change the truth to ease or appease themselves or others, twist scripture to make it fit with what they themselves believe and not the "truth" and we can find the truth in
"the words of our Lord Jesus Christ"
Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

The irony of your last post is that the scripture you cited refers to what you are doing yourself. Brother George, through the SCRIPTURES has admonished a belief contrary to what you were writing or believing, George simply followed BIBLICAL truth, as this is a BIBLE BELIEVING forum.

I have to post this as calling a dear Brother of mine destitute of the truth and corrupt and perverse minded really got my goat! I can testify of his loving kindness and his Wife Rene's first hand.

I am most certainly sorry that your dog died, I had a german shepard for 13 years and was heartbroken at getting her put down, but by know means did I ever imagine that she had a soul. I would think long and hard and prayerfully about your quoted post, the scripture speaks for itself and you have in your own post admonished yourself without knowing it.

lets finish up by going to the close of 1st Timothy 6

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1 Timothy 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

The end of this Chapter rings true of the topic raised in these posts and as far as I read George has "kept that which is committed to thy trust"