General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:46 PM

Default Weird things you like to eat.

Since I am new here, I figure, hey, get ALL my eccentric things out in the open. But food, we ALL have that "odd" thing we eat that maybe only your spouse and the good Lord know about. Here is mine: Wonder Bread, Hellman's Mayo, Jeff Peanut Butter, and sweet pickle....as a sandwich. plain Lay's chips on the side! My wife will buy the stuff to make it, but SHE WILL NOT WATCH ME EAT IT! Nor will she make it for me...I could be dying and the answer would be no. Now, I do not eat this often, this is not a favorite food thread, it is your weird food "confession". Class? Anyone else care to share that kitchen secret?

Last edited by Traditional Anglican; 10-29-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: typo
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-29-2008, 08:53 PM

Umm... I don't have a weird favorite food.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBPrincess View Post
Umm... I don't have a weird favorite food.
Come on!!!!! I have this theory, everyone has some odd thing they like to eat but would never ask for it at another persons house. Don't blow my pet theory! There must be something............
Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 PM

umm... I'm trying to think of something I eat that might be considered "weird"... but still can't think of anything. I think your theory is either wrong or I'm just a weird person.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:37 PM

Crackers and milk is one thing I eat occasionally that many people find weird. Crushed-up saltine crackers with milk over them...

*goes and gets a bowl*

Good stuff!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:37 PM

He's not kidding.. he really did go get a bowl of that. *puke*
Old 10-29-2008, 09:41 PM

Default ???

Welcome Traditional Anglican! Love your avatar! Wish we had an R.E.C. up here. Closest one is down in B.C.,Can. I attended St. Lukes R.E.C. in Santa Ana, Cal. once. Solid Worship.

Okay... as to the "Weird Food" question--- I'm not weird, it's the people that don't eat what I eat that have "weird" tastes! Why people ruin a perfectly good piece of food by deep frying it is beyond me...uugghh! {and then folks wonder why we have heart and obesity problems in the States...

Okay, maybe this one is "out-of-the-ordinary": {Found this recipe once when I was unemployed and these were the only things in the refrigerator.. } Onion Roll sliced in half and put much cottage cheese on it,,,chased with Vernors's Ginger Ale. For dessert... Maple syrup on top of vanilla ice cream... Good stuff!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:42 PM

Mine isn't so weird in and of itself, but rather my obsession with it is weird. I LOVE tacos! I eat at a taco truck at least a couple times a week. I don't know what it is tbh, but I love me some pork tacos with extra avocado!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 AM

People give me a weird look when I mention liking old cheddar cheese on oatmeal cookies. Instead of cheese and crackers, cheese and cookies!
It's good; the sharp taste of the cheese cuts the sweetness of the cookie.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn1 View Post
People give me a weird look when I mention liking old cheddar cheese on oatmeal cookies. Instead of cheese and crackers, cheese and cookies!
It's good; the sharp taste of the cheese cuts the sweetness of the cookie.
See, this is a good example. Thank you. It does not need to be "gross" all that I am looking for is something "unique" to your palate that would....well, make others look at you oddly.