General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 PM

Default The news

Just wanted to update you all that I've found a job, thanks be to Jesus Christ and our merciful Father. I'll start on April 6th and will be working 42 hours a week at fair pay and full benifits. Father has been very merciful to me indeed!

Thank you to all who offered up a prayer for me.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-27-2009, 03:08 PM

Praise the Lord!!!

Not as glad as you are,surely, but I'm glad to hear it!
I know it can be a real bummer looking for work.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Forum Administrator

Great news!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Glad to hear Stephen

And yes, thanks go to the Lord. Four years ago my shop closed down where I had worked 15 years. I can honestly say I did not worry much, I knew the Lord would take care of me. In six weeks I got a job making maybe 20% less than I was making, but since then I have had several promotions and am making about 50% more now than I did at my last job. So I too thank Jesus who loves us and takes care of us!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
...since then I have had several promotions and am making about 50% more now than I did at my last job.
Good for you Bro. Winman, I can only dream of what it must be like to work for a fair employer.

Congratulations on the new job Bro. Stephanos, God is GOOD!

We have a fair bit of unemployment down here in NZ (same unemployment rate as the US, at 4.6%), but I figure that if a man is able to work but hasn't got a job, it's usually because he doesn't want to work and is not willing to submit himself under the authority of an employer, he would rather hold his hand out for a government benefit. Such people down here are known as dole bludgers.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
Good for you Bro. Winman, I can only dream of what it must be like to work for a fair employer.

Congratulations on the new job Bro. Stephanos, God is GOOD!

We have a fair bit of unemployment down here in NZ (same unemployment rate as the US, at 4.6%), but I figure that if a man is able to work but hasn't got a job, it's usually because he doesn't want to work and is not willing to submit himself under the authority of an employer, he would rather hold his hand out for a government benefit. Such people down here are known as dole bludgers.
I am able to work, I haven't got a job, not because I don't want to work but because there is simply no work where I live at the moment. I hold my hand out for a government benefit here. I pray that I find work every night brother.
Dont be so quick to judge a man that has no Job, we aren't all dole bludgers

Well done Stephen on the Job
Old 03-27-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
I am able to work, I haven't got a job, not because I don't want to work but because there is simply no work where I live at the moment. I hold my hand out for a government benefit here. I pray that I find work every night brother.
Dont be so quick to judge a man that has no Job, we aren't all dole bludgers
Brother, I understand that there are places in the world where employment is scarce, that's why I carefully inserted the word "usually" in my previous post, because my figuring doesn't apply to everyone.

There are many dole bludgers down here, and if they ever 'work' at anything it's to stay on the dole!

I hope that you find a job soon.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post

There are many dole bludgers down here, and if they ever 'work' at anything it's to stay on the dole!

I hope that you find a job soon.
I can second what Kiwi Christian is saying,infact they work very hard at staying out of work here at times.Some folk shift to areas that have no work available or stay put where the jobs are not.
Others geniunely cannot afford to shift and must stick it out with no job prospects,that's hard when you want to work.

It is good news to hear when men are wanting to work that The Lord Jesus Christ makes a door open for them,others are still praying and waiting on the Lord Jesus and it is very hard for them, while they wait and seek work.Hard on them and the people who love them to see the struggles and hopes dashed repeatedly.

That is why it is so good to see how the Lord Jesus Christ has come through for others and it means your turn could be next.

Hayseed
Old 03-28-2009, 06:43 AM

Thank you both, maybe I should come to NZ and work
I know the Lord will supply all my needs, so I am very patient regarding the Job front and something will come along soon im sure
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Just wanted to update you all that I've found a job, thanks be to Jesus Christ and our merciful Father. I'll start on April 6th and will be working 42 hours a week at fair pay and full benifits. Father has been very merciful to me indeed!

Thank you to all who offered up a prayer for me.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
That's great news my friend, congratulations.

Grace and peace

Tony