Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Doxa

Default Thank you Bible Protector

Thank you so kindly for your clarification.

You and others here are such a blessing to me.

Thank you ever so much.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-03-2008, 10:38 AM

Smile Cambridge Large Text Bible

Hi Doxa ,

Just wanted to let you know I ordered a Cambridge Bible today from the TBS
and should be getting mine in about a week. It was hard to choose..lol..because they all looked good. My older cambridge one is falling apart and altho I have other KJV Bibles...just love that one.

How are you liking the one you purchased?

Blessings,

Billie
Old 10-03-2008, 09:10 PM

Billie,

Do not hold back, give all of us the link so we can get one or see how they look.

Atlas
Old 10-03-2008, 09:49 PM

Default Cambridge Large Text Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Hello Doxa. It isn't a company, but rather it is a society formed in 1831 to put forth Protestant Bibles unblemished by Roman Catholic bias. The Trinitarian Bible Society is HQed in London, England, U.K. and has offices in 5 countries.

Besides Bibles and New Testaments, they have scripture Tracts, scripture-landscape scene calenders/ Bookmarks/Greetings Cards/Colouring Books/Posters. They also have some very good Articles both defending the Authorized Version and exposing the problems with many of the Modern Translations. {Both for sale and some for free on their website (look in the margin) that will be helpful to you.}

www.trinitarianbiblesociety.org

www.TBS-sales.org

They do have excellent Bibles for sale, and they are high quality because they are made by Cambridge Bibles...But with the T.B.S. logo instead of the Cambridge. I own the one called "Comfort Text"...Very easy on the eyeballs. Also have the Concord Reference Bible. Good Quality and the price is a bit less than Cambridge Bible Press.

They have several options. From small "Royal Ruby" 5-1/2" x "3-1/4" to the "Double Pica" which is so large it takes 4 volumes to hold the whole Bible 9" x 5-1/2" (24 point size print... for the legally blind or for your gramma who refuses to buy new glasses- )

Hi Atlas

I scrolled up and got this web site from PB1789....and chose a text that
will work for me. Hope you find one that you like...also, I went to Bibleprotectors' site and found out that his church sells the PCE .

Our Christian Bible store does NOT carry it and the company they deal with does NOT carry the Cambridge Edition; when questioned, the young man
didnt understand why? either.
Hope this helps...

Blessings and Shalom,

Billie
Old 10-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Doxa

Default Billie

Write to/email me.
Thanks.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:18 AM

Billie,

I sell PCE's myself. I only sell family Bibles at this time. I also happen to be out of Bibles at the moment. Everyone I have is out in a store shelf right now. When I get to make a nice leather PCE I'll let you know and I'll sell one if you want. It will be a while before I get to make nice leather bound PCE's. I'll be glad when this day comes. I just thought it was cool that someone else was selling PCE's out there.

Atlas
Old 10-04-2008, 02:22 PM

For anyone who is interested, the Trinitarian Bible Society has just published their first very own standard text Bible called the Windsor Text. They use their own new text/font (Cambridge was not involved) and it's really nice, clear and easy to read. It's also very inexpensive. I ordered a couple of the calfskin editions and they are wonderful. The calkskin cover is great. No references, maps or concordance but it does have a Bible name list and a small list of obsolete words with definitions in the back.

Go to:

http://www.tbs-sales.org/

then

Click on Standard Text Bibles and then New Windsor Text
Old 10-04-2008, 08:30 PM

Default Cambridge Large Text Bible

Hi Atlas

That is great! Yes I'd be interested...thanks. Let me know,please.

Blessings,

Billie