Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:41 PM

Default Sorceries; Rev. 9:21 & Acts: 8:11

The word "sorceries" in the Bible is apparently translated from a greek word "pharmakia" which can refer to drugs, or refers to a subject which includes drugs. Ayman Al Zawahiri, considered the #2 man in Al Qaeda, gradiuated from Cairo University in 1974 with a degree in Psychology and Pharmacology. It sounds to me like he probably obtained his exalted position by knowing how to drug prospective terrorists into homicidal mania. The recent school murders, such as at Columbine, have been perpetrated by people using prescribed psychological drugs. The news media refers to Al Zawahiri as a "medical doctor" as if he treats hemorrhoids, cataracts, or post-nasal drip and ignores his psych/pharm degree. It is of interest to me that there are proposed laws, promoted by Barak's Senate friends Ted and Chris, to require all school children to be examined by our own Psychological drug experts - probably to determine which should be drugged into a compliant stupor and which should be drugged into homicidal mania.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-22-2008, 01:42 AM

Yep, this is a concern of mine as well, especially in light of:

And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. (Revelation 18:23 KJV) (please read this whole chapter for context)

Now I'm not against medicine and physicians, but these drugs that are made like potions out of metals and base chemicals I am concerned about. I believe God has given us many great medicines in the plant world that are perfectly fine to use (Ezekiel 47:12). The problem though is that medicine has moved on from plants for their inspiration and are not concocting all manner of dangerous potions for people to find themselves decieved and enslaved with.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen