Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:01 AM

Default Pray for this Forum

Brothers and Sisters may I say that in light of recent "sign ups" on this wonderful forum, I think we all need to pray for those who come with an agenda, against the Word of God, against Eternal salvation, against this forum and its "true" members. Who come to propagate Lordship Salvation, sinless perfection and many other self righteous teachings.
We need to pray that they cease with their agenda before they get it started for there is absolutely no edifying nor is there any point. Yesterday a certain man and his self righteous judge and jury posts had me in tears, now It did not have me in tears because I was weak in faith, it had me in tears for the state of professing Christianity in these last days, pray for those that will not reason with the Word of God and go about establishing their own righteousness.

Psalms 4:1
Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 09-24-2008 at 08:03 AM. Reason: worded very badly :)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-24-2008, 09:56 AM

I'm always encouraged by your tender heart, dear brother. I will pray more diligently.

I see those, sometimes unkind and unthoughtful Words, as well as doctrine issues that I disagree with as an opportunity to rightly divide the Word of truth. Just keep on sharing the truth, dear brother. Personally, my approach is to share the truth, and then trust the Holy Spirit to do His work.

I know you agree, we should always exhort, but remember, sometimes the Word reproves.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

I realize the possibility of some people participating on this forum who may be lost; only God knows. It's thrilling to me that perhaps God will use the instruction of His Word to bring someone to salvation in Christ. Wouldn't that be glorious!

Keep sharing the truth, brother.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 AM

My heart used to be hard brother, but now it is tender and loving and It hurts to see the way that those that claim to love the LORD behave, but Like you say dear brother, the Word of God puts it all right.

God bless
Old 09-24-2008, 11:59 AM

I appreciate what those in the above posts have said. I pray for Brandon often as in my ministry and personal study I use the tool that he developed, Swordsearcher. This forum, also a part of his ministry, must be such a strain on his spirit, especially when there is contention. May God bless his work and his family!

An internet forum like this one is a unique creature. In one sense, it is like a church. Believers gather together for fellowship. Unbelievers may drop in from time to time out of curiosity or desire for answers. Occasionally someone comes in, seeking to redirect the church to meet a different agenda. These must be soon dealt with in firmness yet with grace and compassion for the weak among the group. Some may have their eyes opened, while the real intents of others are exposed. Most of all, Christ must be glorified by the members in their words and actions.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
My heart used to be hard brother, but now it is tender and loving and It hurts to see the way that those that claim to love the LORD behave, but Like you say dear brother, the Word of God puts it all right.

God bless
God bless you Brother,

My heart has been so hard recently, but God is softening it. I have been through a rough patch, hard towards the message, hard towards the preacher and teaching. Saved, but proud and puffed up in my own knowledge, so God wasn't really speaking to me. It's good to come down low again and feel the word of God work within me.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:19 PM

Guys,

I do agree with what has been said, however let me add a little twist on this issue if I may.

As much as I hate to say this. In an odd way it is good to see the devil show up from time to time. When the devil shows up to fight you and to try cause problems with any fellowship of believers. This means some good works for the Lord must be getting done. We must not forget this principle that is plainly taught in God's Word. The devils will come and they will go. We will keep keeping on and doing good works for the Lord. He will send more devils our way in the future, and we'll overcome them like always. This story run throughout the whole Bible. Even Jesus had a devil in his midst. The devil will always end up being exposed, and we will always win.

So fear not my brothers and sisters the Lord. Do not let these evil one's cause you to faint in the faith. Do not let them trouble your heart, that is what they are trying to do. This is their main goal. These attacks are in an odd way a true blessing from the Lord. Keep your head up high my friends, because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 09-24-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
...As much as I hate to say this. In an odd way it is good to see the devil show up from time to time. When the devil shows up to fight you and to try cause problems with any fellowship of believers. This means some good works for the Lord must be getting done. We must not forget this principle that is plainly taught in God's Word. The devils will come and they will go. We will keep keeping on and doing good works for the Lord. He will send more devils our way in the future, and we'll overcome them like always. This story run throughout the whole Bible. Even Jesus had a devil in his midst. The devil will always end up being exposed, and we will always win.

Atlas
Reminds me of the verse: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12).
Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 PM

Well said brother Luke,
We must be humble, we must come to the LORD humbled, we all have trouble and strife in our lives and it is hard in these last days, especially when it comes to "who really is a Christian", while I cant look into the hearts of men for only Christ can do that, I can discern their intentions by their words, and I class you as a brother from what you write.
When it feels like God isnt working in our lives, it could be just the opposite, I found that out recently, that through trials the end result is ALWAYS most humbling, those are the times when we MUST rely on faith to see us through, faith in the Cross Of Christ and nothing else.

Atlas Brother
Whats you also said is very true, I comfort in this verse

2 Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

God Gives us the weapon, His Word, The LORD Jesus Christ
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
We are nothing without Him, nothing.

Isnt that the truth!

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 09-24-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:45 PM

Well said brother Luke,
We must be humble, we must come to the LORD humbled, we all have trouble and strife in our lives and it is hard in these last days, especially when it comes to "who really is a Christian", while I cant look into the hearts of men for only Christ can do that, I can discern their intentions by their words, and I class you as a brother from what you write.
When it feels like God isnt working in our lives, it could be just the opposite, I found that out recently, that through trials the end result is ALWAYS most humbling, those are the times when we MUST rely on faith to see us through, faith in the Cross Of Christ and nothing else

Ok Firefox went wierd and posted twice,