Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 PM

Default Wisdom & Protection

We live in Houston, Texas. As you know, a hurricane might be headed our way. I have Multiple Sclerosis (home bound and in a wheelchair) and the "heat" is very bad on me.

Please pray for God's protection and wisdom. We might leave town, but need His wisdom since traveling is also a challenge. Nevertheless, "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-08-2008, 01:16 PM

Praying this side of the World for you Brother, may God's grace be upon you and your family, and may he give you the strength to endure the hardship.

Psalm 119:114
Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.
Psalm 18:25
Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great
Old 09-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Default Update

Just a quick update. We evacuated to Ft. Worth, Texas last night (Wednesday). Thank you for your continued prayers. Looks like Houston is going to get it.

Blessings to all.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Just a quick update. We evacuated to Ft. Worth, Texas last night (Wednesday). Thank you for your continued prayers. Looks like Houston is going to get it.

Blessings to all.

Aloha brother Forrest,

I hope and pray that you and yours are all safe and sound and that your property was spared serious damage.

Please let us know how you have fared.

Your brother in Christ,
Old 09-13-2008, 03:37 PM

yes Brother Forrest, please let us know, I was thinking just the same thing George last night in my prayers. I hope all is well and the LORD is keeping you and your family safe.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
yes Brother Forrest, please let us know, I was thinking just the same thing George last night in my prayers. I hope all is well and the LORD is keeping you and your family safe.
Aloha brother "peopleoftheway",

If you would care to, I would like your e-mail address (mine is: thywordistruth@gmail.com). Please e-mail me privately should you so desire.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

We made it back to Houston after a ten day journey. Thank you so very much brothers and sisters for your prayers. Our home received no damage, praise the Lord, but so many others did. People have no home to return to. Please remember them in your prayers that God will use this to draw them to the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Lord sent us to two different homes where we were both ministered to and also had an opportunity to minister to a family needing some encouragement in the faith. That's just like God to take your eyes off of your own trials and turn them to others who are really suffering. God is sovereign and we are so thankful for using a storm to direct us to others.

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (Romans 11:33).
Old 09-19-2008, 07:47 PM

Welcome home brother, glad you and your family are in one piece and your home wasn't damaged. The LORD certainly is merciful! Trials are what move us closer to the LORD and that's usually through a humbling experience of those in worse situations.
Anyways, Glad you are safe and I will continue to pray for those affected by the storms.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:28 AM

It is a blessing to hear that your home is okay. I am saddened by the extensive damage that is evident from the news reports, but even more troubled by the reports of how many people ignored the clear and unambiguous warnings about Galveston. It reminds me of how many people refuse to hear the warnings of God's eternal judgment, and what awaits them.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
...but even more troubled by the reports of how many people ignored the clear and unambiguous warnings about Galveston. It reminds me of how many people refuse to hear the warnings of God's eternal judgment, and what awaits them.
That is so true, Brother Tim. Blind "optimism" is a dangerous thing. I'm sure many thought, "I'll be just fine." Positive thinking is not going to appease a Righteous God, is it?