Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
My opinion is if you begin to doubt the KJV in even the smallest area of Preserved inspiration you will begin to doubt other areas of the KJV.
When one understands where the line of inspiration is clearly drawn,that is, with the words of Scripture themselves, then doubt does not enter the picture.

Quote:
Ok, under that logic let's examine.

If the books of the Bible are inspired then they would of existed from the Beginning, which they do not.
Chette, you are doing yourself what you have previously (and falsely) accused me of, twisting my words.

"the beginning" NOT "the Beginning" was my wording. I was referring to the time of the original manuscript of each book and their Divinely preserved copies, NOT the beginning of time/creation. The titles, verse numbers, and chapter numbers showed up far later than the original writings. They are not inspired as the Scriptures are.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 PM

The Holy Ghost is the Author of all 66 books.
Quote:
65 books have the Author ID'd in the writing itself
We cannot be certain who wrote Hebrews any more than we can be certain who wrote Ruth. God did not deem it important for us to know in either circumstance.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:23 PM

no what I did was replace the word "Bible" with the word "Title". Twisting words is where I make your words say something other than what was meant. I kept your meaning just superimposed the words to show the logic of your statement when applied to the whole not just a part. the capitalization of beginning was a typo I hadn't realized I did that.

Each book in it's time was inspired, each Title in its time was inspired, each chapter number and line and punctuation was inspired and preserved the complete and whole word of God in its time until it's completion for our day.

If Ruth is without indication of Author then again the importance is why. Technically the Holy Ghost authored nothing He inspired and moved. 2Pete 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost. 2Tim 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: Gods thoughts on certain subjects were written (authored) by men over a 1400 year period of time by as many as 40 men without ever losing it's fluidity and conjunction to the rest of the books.

I don't remember having falsely accused you twisting my words.

Last edited by chette777; 07-14-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:40 PM

Chette, let's put your statements together: (underlining mine)

Quote:
each Title in its time was inspired
Quote:
there is no reason for us not to believe it is Paul as the KJV name says it is Paul
Quote:
but some of us see certain scriptures in Hebrews that point to Paul.
Quote:
be careful as there is at least 8 times the Author(possibly Paul) that has what looks like a kingdom Gospel twist to it.
If the title is inspired (which it is not), then why are you tentative in your belief that Paul wrote it?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:53 PM

well aint it a good thing we can't loose salvation over it?

you will need to keep the context of my possible Paul statement. I said possibly because it is a different Gospel than that of Grace being shared in Hebrews. Having said that I do not want to argue about it as it is my belief. you will have to ask why God would not allow it in the body of the letter? that is your own study.

NOt all people agree that it is Paul who wrote it or that the Title is inspired. Even if the Title says so.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
you will have to ask why God would not allow it in the body of the letter?
That can be easily answered. He did not consider it necessary for us to know. It did not affect the reason for the book's existence.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 PM

actually there is a reason but you will need to seek that on your own.