General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Havenaar View Post
Hello everyone,

Since the last 3 to 4 years or so I am becoming more and more convinced that the Authorised (King James) Version is the only Bible in the English language I can fully trust. I got to this point by having viewed and thought about material from Creationist speaker Kent Hovind, the late Barry Smith (from New Zealand), the New Defender's (KJV) Bible with notes from the late Dr. Henry Morris, Jack Chick gospel tracts and others. A large part as well is that I simply love the Word of God as faithfully preserved in the AV. I praise the Lord for "not being the author of confusion"!

Sanctify them through thy truth, thy word is truth - John 17:17
Welcome. Do you like to use Chick Tracts? I take them with me, almost every time I go somewhere.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-28-2009, 03:27 PM

Hi, thanks for the welcome messages! I have given out a few Chick tracts so far. I have only reviewed the sample pack of 90 or so tracks and am deciding which ones to order in bulk. Are there any particular ones that people would recommend? I really liked the one "why no revival?", but that one's really more for the Ichabod state of the church that we have, so should be given to professing Christians, rather than the unsaved. I also understand that this one is out of print and only made to order (have to order 10,000 which is a bit much for me). You can read the tract online at chick.com. I trust that it will be a blessing you. Well of to bed again! Peter
Old 06-28-2009, 04:14 PM

Default Tracts

Hi Peter - I always use Chick tracts - (Sounds like we have a lot of things in common already!).
The ones that I tend to use the most are:
"This was your life" (It always seems to come out on top of the list)
"The long journey" and
"Somebody goofed"

Like you say, there are scores of them and one for about every situation.

God bless

PaulB
Old 06-28-2009, 07:32 PM

Brother Peter,

I extend my welcome to you as well. I hope that you will find this Forum to be as edifying and interesting as I have found it to be! Like the others here expressed, I am joyful to hear that you have come to a conclusion to uphold the AV/KJ Bible.

Jassy
Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 AM

Welcome, Brother Peter.
I am encouraged to see more folks from Europe here. It tells me that the Light is still shining over there.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Havenaar View Post
Hi, thanks for the welcome messages! I have given out a few Chick tracts so far. I have only reviewed the sample pack of 90 or so tracks and am deciding which ones to order in bulk. Are there any particular ones that people would recommend? I really liked the one "why no revival?", but that one's really more for the Ichabod state of the church that we have, so should be given to professing Christians, rather than the unsaved. I also understand that this one is out of print and only made to order (have to order 10,000 which is a bit much for me). You can read the tract online at chick.com. I trust that it will be a blessing you. Well of to bed again! Peter

I just gave that Ichabod tract to a preacher in our city!
I'd recommend "This Was Your Life", "Who is He?", and "Who Murdered Clarice".
Doom Town is good, too. Also, tracts for children are good to have, especially near Helloween.
I never participate in Helloween, but, I DO leave anti-Halloween chick tracts out, everywhere I go, in the weeks BEFORE Helloween.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:39 PM

Default Peter

[QUOTE="The long journey" [/QUOTE]

(most reliable mss read "the long trip")

Sorry Peter, I meant to say "the long trip" I must have been half asleep!

PaulB