Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
what people's will be judged at the JSOC? Christians only? Christians and righteous Jews? Christians, righteous Jews? Christians, righteous Jews, and righteous men who died before Abraham? Christians, righteous Jews, Righteous men who died before the Law? Christians, Righteous Jews, rihgteous men before the Law,and righteous men before the flood?

Where does the heathen who is judged by his conscience get judged? the Bible says that they will be judge for the things they know and if they lived a righteous life in fear of God though they never heard of God or Jesus by what the world around them that was revealed to them. the Bible tells us they will be excused or condemned by what they know, so when they get judged if not at teh GWT some going to hell some going to heaven.
I have understood that the JSoC is for those who specifically believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Jew or Gentile.

I will search the scriptures, however, with these comments in mind.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I have understood that the JSoC is for those who specifically believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Jew or Gentile.

I will search the scriptures, however, with these comments in mind.
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. Romans 14:10

The operative word is "we". Paul was writing to Christians.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 PM

My question was to BC. and Vendetta is correct the we tells us it is only Chrisitans
Old 10-10-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. Romans 14:10

The operative word is "we". Paul was writing to Christians.
Is 1 Corinthians 3 also a reference to the JSoC?

If so, who is being judged?
Old 10-10-2008, 07:54 PM

Forrest they are the same JSOC. it is Christians only in all verses in Corithians and Romans
Old 10-10-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Forrest they are the same JSOC. it is Christians only in all verses in Corithians and Romans
Okay.

Are individuals ever given eternal life in Heaven apart from believing and receiving Jesus Christ? regardless of the dispensation?
Old 10-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Christians. Remember how the book opens:

Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours (1 Cor. 1:1, 2).

Old 10-10-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post

Yes.

Christians. Remember how the book opens:

Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours (1 Cor. 1:1, 2).

Okay. I'll ask you too. (I asked Brother Chette this question.)

Are individuals ever given eternal life in Heaven apart from believing and receiving Jesus Christ? regardless of the dispensation?

Last edited by Forrest; 10-10-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Born Crucified

Quote:
Okay. I'll ask you too. (I asked Brother Chette this question.)

There is no way for man to have eternal life in heaven without faith in Christ.

Quote:
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Even those before Christ came to earth had to witness Him. Scripture declares when He died on the cross He went and ministered to souls in prison and that He set the captive free. Even the Old Testament patriarchs had to witness the Son.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:53 PM

I think your asking th wrong question?

if they died before Jesus Christs first adavent, never given a chance to believe on or even hearing or knowing about Jesus Shed blood are they dammed to hell?