Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
Where did he recieve his ThD? I am very curious. Was it from Ruckman's school?

I know he got his Bachelor of Divinity from PBI. He probably got his Th.D there too. Why?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM

Just curious. Honestly and truly curious.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:38 PM

Thy sins be forgiven thee, go and sin no more...
Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 PM

who can forgive sins but God?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:47 PM

I know, he told me to tell that to you.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:19 PM
solabiblia

Default Watch Those Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Greektim,

I wonder where Peter, James, and John got their "degree"? Where did Paul & Apollos "matriculate" and get their "degree"? Where did the Lord Jesus Christ get His "degree"? Hmmm? What difference does it make WHERE someone got his "degree" or whether he even has a "degree" or not? Hmmm?

Are only those with people with "degrees" QUALIFIED to teach and preach God's word? Are only those people with "degrees" to be listened to and all of the rest of the men whom God has called (without "degrees") to be ignored?[/FONT]
You seem to be comparing Sam Gipp to the apostles or the Lord Jesus Christ.

Well, let me tell you something. I know the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ is a friend of mine, and Sam Gipp is no Lord Jesus Christ.

Try not to obfuscate, dodge, and change the subject without answering. The question was not "Does it matter where he got his degree?" The question was "Where did he receive his ThD?" If you know, please advance the conversation by answering. If you don't know, please advance the conversation with your silence.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
I don't mind answering questions...in fact...I would love to discuss my views. But I just want this thread to stay focused on my question. I searched the net and cannot find my answer. I was hoping to find some help here.

Your answer, yes, that is me.
If you are so strongly against what we stand for then why are you here? Don't give me this bunk, "I want to discuss the matter." blah, blah, blah...You are here because you have a set agenda and you want to prove that God's word(KJB) is not perfect.

I want to ask you a question. Where is your preserved word of God at? In corrupt manuscripts? Did they come from the Alexandria Cult? Are they in a new version "bible"?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:09 PM

DR. Samual Gipp was recently at our church, we were so blessed to get himas he is booked years in advance. He is the foremost authority, next to Dr. Ruckman on the KJV. He is an excellent speaker, and dispite the controversy over where he got his degree, I urge all to read his books. If he speaks with authority, and his doctrine is sound, who cares where he got his degree. Is it really THAT important, be blessed by the teachings of this Man of GOD. I only know about Dr. Ruckman from what I read on this site.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:04 PM

Default Re: " Sam Gipp's degree"

Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia View Post
"You seem to be comparing Sam Gipp to the apostles or the Lord Jesus Christ.

Well, let me tell you something. I know the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ is a friend of mine, and Sam Gipp is no Lord Jesus Christ.

Try not to obfuscate, dodge, and change the subject without answering. The question was not "Does it matter where he got his degree?" The question was "Where did he receive his ThD?" If you know, please advance the conversation by answering. If you don't know, please advance the conversation with your silence
sola,

I don't "seem to be" doing anything! And I never compared Sam Gipp to the Lord Jesus Christ! What are you doing with your blasphemy - putting words in my mouth? Do you have a problem with my Post? You (solabilia?) and "greektim" have NO FINAL AUTHORITY, so the question is - WHY are you here?

I have approximately 700 Posts on this Forum. You couldn't find one of those Posts where I doubt WHAT the Holy word of God is - or WHERE I can find. There isn't one of those Posts where I have altered, changed, subtracted or added to the King James Bible - NO NOT ONCE!

On top of that I have never QUESTIONED where someone (on this Forum or anywhere else for that matter) got his "degree" from - NO NOT ONCE! {I could "Care Less" WHERE someone went to school, or WHERE they got their "degree" from (I'm not an "intellectual snob"). SCHOOLS, DEGREES, and the people who have them don't impress me in the slightest! - Other than I have noticed that people like yourself and "greektim" are "PUFFED UP" over whatever knowledge you may have, and you demonstrate that PRIDE in almost all of your Posts.}

You can TWIST my words around all you want - you have already PROVEN to be a "pro" at it in the past, but the fact is when someone inquires where someone got their degree from - that someone is "fishing" for something and I'm NOT biting!

I've got "news" for you bud - I'm going to answer anyone anyway I want, and if you don't like it you can go to "greektim's" blog and have a nice "theological discussion"! Who do you think you are trying to tell me how to answer someone, or keep silent? Hmmm? If it bothers you so much find another Forum where you can spread your Humanistic drivel!

I would NEVER consider joining a Forum that didn't believe in the King James Bible as the FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice - it would NEVER enter my mind or my heart to do so. What purpose would it serve to "join" with people (like you & "greektim") who are not of "like mind" as myself? So again the "question": WHY are you here, amongst so many Christians that are of a different mind on the Holy word of God? What purpose are you serving by being here?

We don't have "conversations" with "Christians" who denigrate the Holy word of God or who "take an "extreme" stand against those who believe in it: ("I am extremely against the KJV only view.") It always comes around to the same question: WHY are you and "greektim" here? Don't you know of another Forum where everyone is "polite" and "courteous", and never criticize anyone for anything? Can't you find a place where you all can have the same mind on all subjects and be in agreement about how much you despise the King James Bible and especially those King James Bible ONLY people? Wouldn't you be much happier amongst your "own kind"?

Since you have joined this Forum all we have ever heard from you is your "clever" remarks and destructive criticism of a Book that most of us on this Forum hold dear to our hearts. You have NO FINAL AUTHORITY, other than your own opinions, and you are never going to "persuade" any of us to your unbelieving Humanistic viewpoint about God's word, so take a hike bud, we don't need you here to slip in and snip & snipe every once in a while, and take cheap pot shots at genuine Bible believers.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:25 PM

George, you can accuse me all you want. That is your perrogative. But you don't know me well enough to say what my intentions are. You speak like we are old enemies that have been arguing this for a long time. You might be arguing this with other people for a while, but you don't know me, brother. So how can you expect to know my intentions to the original question?

I honestly wanted to know where Gipp recieved his degree, whether it matters or not. I was always under the assumption that Gipp was a TRO of the Burgon persuasion. But someone called him a Ruckmanite, and that aroused my curiosity. I could tell a lot about a person by finding out where they recieved their formal education. So while you may not like me, a brother in Christ, for my doctrinal positions, please understand I am just trying to get a question answered about a man I don't know much about. I came here hoping someone could help me. Here it is, post forty, and I still don't have anything for certain. If I knew it was going to take this long to get to nowhere, then I would have just emailed him.