Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvw View Post
I believe that those words have a specific meaning behind, and that you can search the scriptures and find something that has to do with those words and it would be exactly that which He was talking about.

Quote:
The marriage and the virgins are as clear as crystal unless you're trying to shove them into the Millennium, which they aren't in the Millennium.
I don't believe you. I believe Matthew.

Matthew 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Matthew 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

Are you telling me that Millennium is not "kingdom of heaven"?

I know what you're talking about: marriage of the church in heaven before the second coming. I have held that years ago and have repeatedly read Bancroft, Scofield, Larkin, and Ruckman on that issue.

You know what's the problem? The Bible says the "kingdom" is the "marriage".

Theological system vs. PLAIN SCRIPTURE

I don't have to force the Millennium into Matthew 22 and Matthew 25 for it is what it says: "kingdom of heaven". On the other hand, you are trying "to shove" the church into this parable, which is not.

Quote:
The virgins are the Tribulation Jews, and the marriage happens just before the Second Advent before the Millennium kingdom gets set up.
I've read that point-of-view, but notice the NUMBER: "TEN". Ten is a GENTILE number.

Compare that with "TWELVE" (Rev. 21; Mat. 10; Rev. 12), which is ISRAEL.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-18-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Those unprofitable servents are at the wedding, so they can't be the sheeps and goats because Jesus Christ doesn't come back to earth with His angels to sit on the throne of His glory until after the wedding is done.
They are at the beginning of the "marriage" ("kindom of heaven"), but they were cast out into the lake of fire. The Second Coming is BEFORE the wedding, after the bad ones are cast out.

Matthew 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:38 AM

Remember Kevin, if Israel had accepted their Messiah they would have been ushered into the kingdom. but they didn't, so now some of those Gospel passages will deal with what will take place in future Kingdom and some during the Tribulation some transits the trib and the kingdom.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Quit putting words in my mouth because I'm sick of it. I never said that the words "church" "head" or "body" were in the passage. Now if you would read the passage, it's talking about guests, not a bride. I already wrote an entire post on Matthew 22 and 25, and I don't feel like repeating myself. They teach that Jews of the Tribulation are going to be guests, so if Israel is the bride, then some of Israel is getting left out. The word bride doesn't show up in either passage, which is what you keep making a big fuss about, so why are you even using these passages to support your position?
Col 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

2Co 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

1Co 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

Anybody ever see a drunk man, in his home or the parking lot of a bar, standing there alone, punching at imaginary enemies? I think that's what this thread has become and that we should wind it up and move on to more fruit bearing topics. That's just my opinion, you all do what you want to.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 03-19-2009, 05:18 AM

Just for clarification to Kiwi, Kevin lahat,

the teaching (doctrine) is that the Bride of Revelation 21 is the Body of Christ of the church age. I and Biblestudent have been clear and have showed you that it indeed cannot be by rightly dividing, and using the Modus Operandus (oh no Latin HEE HEE) for establishing a Church age doctrine. We may be like a wife seeing Christ is our head, we may be as a virgin and espoused to Christ. but these verses do not support that the Body of Christ is the Bride of Revelation 21.

plain and simple