Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Dr. Ruckman told a joke in one of his books: An elderly woman mocked a preacher's sermon on wailing and gnashing of teeth in hell. She said, preacher, I ain't got no teeth. The preacher responded, Madam, teeth will be provided.
Actually it appears Bro. Ruckman (like Bro. Kiwi), clings to the WORM SOUL theory. No hands, no ears, no feet, no eyes, just a big pile of red maggots squirming in the Lake of Fire for eternity.
Yes, I think they could BOTH be wrong, but don't tell Bro. Ruckman I said that.

It also appears that Bro. Ruckman thinks the Lake of Fire is located somewhere off the rim of the universe.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-10-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Actually it appears Bro. Ruckman (like Bro. Kiwi), clings to the WORM SOUL theory. No hands, no ears, no feet, no eyes, just a big pile of red maggots squirming in the Lake of Fire for eternity.
Yes, I think they could BOTH be wrong, but don't tell Bro. Ruckman I said that.

It also appears that Bro. Ruckman thinks the Lake of Fire is located somewhere off the rim of the universe.
Doc Pete had a dissertation on Jonah and the gourd and the worm, he gets something from that about the worm soul. Isaiah 66 makes it pretty clear the damned are pretty recognizable as tormented humans, with eternal worms eating them. I don;t see the sense in turning into a worm for eternity, Doc Pete may have read Rod Serling down the line somewhere(I write horror fiction also).

Isaiah 66 10-13 gives the general location of the lake of fire, near Jerusalem. I think the "rim of the universe" thing is like the "gap" theory, wild speculation and a bit ethereal.

I'm pretty sure Doc would not talk to me, I'm "the enemy", one of them dry cleanin' hyperdispensationalist Calvinist Stamite-Jordanite-Darbyite-O'Hairites who wants to destroy the church John The Baptist founded with my ASV.

Right

Grace and peace to you brother

Tony
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I don't necessarily agree with the Dead Sea theory,
but I couldn't resist adding more "fuel for the fire"...

"RE-ACTIVATING THE DEAD SEA AS THE LAKE OF FIRE"
http://www.newswatchmagazine.org/res...akeoffire4.htm
It's a pretty common belief Bro. Parrish. Like I say, believe what you want to, not a point of contention, but I got ridiculed in front of my science class in 8th grade in 1968 for bringing out my belief The Dead Sea was the future lake of fire. Interesting link Thanks.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 03-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Bro. Parrish

More fuel for the flames...

This author says the location of the Lake of Fire is Babylon (Iraq):
http://www.scribd.com/doc/520968/The-Lake-of-Fire

This author says the location of the lake of fire cannot now be known; it may even be a star:
http://www.icr.org/article/lake-fire/

This author says Babylon (Iraq):
http://www.pawcreek.org/articles_pcm...bylon_hell.htm

This author agrees with your assertion:
http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d810201.htm
Old 03-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Bro. Parrish

The Dead Sea...

Old 03-10-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
More fuel for the flames...

hehehe, Bro. Parrish said "flames."

Get it?

Flames, hell....

ahhhhhh, never mind....
Old 03-10-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
You just gave it Matt. Let's look at the passage in Isaiah 66:

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

When we back up and read verses 10-13 we see the geographical location of this worship and the viewing of the damned in the lake of fire is Jeruslaem.
But the location of Isaiah 66:23 & 24 is relating to verse 22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD". I'm not so sure there will even be a Dead Sea on the new earth? I believe that the current one will be melted up with everything else before the Lord creates the new heavens and earth.

2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Hey, I never went into that much detail about their worm, they may still have those 'body' parts in their soulish form, my main contention is that the worm is THEIR SOUL and not some other creature eating or tormenting them.

So there.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
But the location of Isaiah 66:23 & 24 is relating to verse 22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD". I'm not so sure there will even be a Dead Sea on the new earth? I believe that the current one will be melted up with everything else before the Lord creates the new heavens and earth.

2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Yeah, this is what I was about to post. I don't think it will be on the newly created earth since I don't think God would want people bearing their own sins on His new creation. Also, wherever it is it needs to be big enough for death and hell to be cast into it. Also, I've been reading some recent theories about where matter originally came from. Some scientists are speculating that if you focus enough "light" somehwhere that matter will spontaneously be created. I imagine that God's unfiltered glory is bright enough to do the trick! Hehe. Nevertheless, I also think that God's glory is enough to burst any sinner into flames if he were so caught in the presence of the Lord bearing his own sins.

For our God is a consuming fire. (Hebrews 12:29 KJV)

Just an idea...

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
Hey, I never went into that much detail about their worm, they may still have those 'body' parts in their soulish form, my main contention is that the worm is THEIR SOUL and not some other creature eating or tormenting them.

So there.
You're just trying to "wiggle" your way out of this brother...

I'm not sure about the Lake of Fire location, but you have all made some good points. I'm just thankful we don't have to go there.