Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:24 PM

Argh!!! I hadn't even thought of hers!! She does have a great website. My husband and her oldest son went to Bible school together. I know her personally and she is for SURE a Prov. 31 lady. Thank you Brother Craig for reminding me of this resource.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-03-2009, 04:03 PM

Default more thoughts!

Hi all!

Having read your links and I must say that they are interesting and I do appreciate your help, do you think that it is then a wrong thing to do for a man to cover his head when praying or prophesying?

I can’t accept the interpretation of the woman’s covering within this context being her hair, because when you apply that rule of interpretation to the context then it makes it sound like a man is dishonouring his head if he is not bald when he prays!

I agree that long hair is a covering but I don’t think that this is what is being meant here, as it seems as though Paul is referring to the natural order of things (i.e. masculine feminine appearances) to get them to see his point. Believe me when I say that I am not being sexist here in any way or trying impose rules upon women but I honestly seek to know what this means (after all, I don’t want to dishonour my head if I am praying with my hair on do I?)

Any other thoughts?

God bless

PaulB
Old 08-03-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post

I don't even use the word "awesome," but that article was AWESOME!!!

I love it when somebody/anybody reads a passage and says it means exactly what it says! And, like she mentioned in the article, I have always thought that it is very telling that people who want to promote a covering other than LONG HAIR, must "go to the Greek" to prove their point. My experience is limited in dealing with people on this issue, but I have NEVER had anyone press the separate/second covering teaching using only a King James Bible!

THANK GOD FOR HIS WORD!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Old 08-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Hi all!

Having read your links and I must say that they are interesting and I do appreciate your help, do you think that it is then a wrong thing to do for a man to cover his head when praying or prophesying?

I can’t accept the interpretation of the woman’s covering within this context being her hair, because when you apply that rule of interpretation to the context then it makes it sound like a man is dishonouring his head if he is not bald when he prays!

I agree that long hair is a covering but I don’t think that this is what is being meant here, as it seems as though Paul is referring to the natural order of things (i.e. masculine feminine appearances) to get them to see his point. Believe me when I say that I am not being sexist here in any way or trying impose rules upon women but I honestly seek to know what this means (after all, I don’t want to dishonour my head if I am praying with my hair on do I?)

Any other thoughts?

God bless

PaulB
The covering is not just "hair." It is defined or described or clarified in verse 15 as "LONG HAIR." So, the man's hair SHOULD NOT be long...that would constitute his head being "covered." Look at verse 4, then at verse 14. It is about the distinction between men and women...like Rev. 9:8, "And they had hair as the hair of women,..." If we BELIEVE I Cor. 11:15, then the "hair of women" is "long hair," as opposed to the hair of men, which should NOT be long.

I cannot see how verse 15 could be any clearer...a woman should DESIRE to have "long hair," there is a colon after the first phrase indicating that an explanation is coming, then there's the word "for" (can we agree that's going to mean 'because,?') and the word "covering" obviously referring back to "long hair."

I, too, am interested in hearing everybody's thoughts on this, but maybe I should warn you, I AM a literalist!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com