General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:04 PM

I used to practice a way of memorizing scriptures and it work well. but i discovered that the more times I read through the Bible and the more I studied it. the more scripture I remembered.

Immersing yourself in the word is the best way to know it and to quote it.

but we are all different each must find his way to hide Gods word in their heart. the way that works for me may not work for someone else.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-08-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I used to practice a way of memorizing scriptures and it work well. but i discovered that the more times I read through the Bible and the more I studied it. the more scripture I remembered.

Immersing yourself in the word is the best way to know it and to quote it.

but we are all different each must find his way to hide Gods word in their heart. the way that works for me may not work for someone else.
I think it is good to read the Bible every day at least, but brute force repition from memory is the only way I've found to be able to memorize Scriptures without error.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 08-10-2008, 11:19 PM

I was not talking about merely doing a casual reading of the Bible I am talking about clear cut reading with purpose and deep study, as well as 2x daily devotional reading, along with applicable lesson applied by learning and wisdom.

when you are on a dily diet of the deep things of God you will memorize more scripture naturally withour Brute force tactics upon the brain.

I spend 8-16 hours a week just for one 45 mintue message and I have two of those a week along with 2 home bible studies.

if you spent one hour a day in deep study plus your 2X daily devotion (mornig and evening) you could be reading for a witnessing session at any given moment (being instand in season and out) Amen. and you will find more scripture being retained.

The Memorizing program I used took up to one hour depending on how many repititious scriptures verses I was doing that day. not I am freed up and spend more time study and still get teh benefit of memory.

I am going to blog an Inductive Bible Study program starting with Narratives using he book of Ruth. I would ask that you at least take an non biased look at the first lesson. afterwards if you think rightly dividing is still not for you. I will try not to nail you on it to much. I will keep you posted when it gets up and running.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:46 AM

Default memorizing scriptures

Hi Born
Have been following this subject....and clicked on the site you gave...it came up Error...so I wrote the website explaining it came up Error.
I'm hoping they fix it so I can see what they recommend, wanted for myself and grandchildren.
As a child in Sunday school and Vacation Bible school, we all had to memorize the New Test.Books...I can still say them today It was memorized to music...as was several things taught..interesting that I can remember those songs and scripture..to music! As for remembering 'things to get done this week?' the good ol refrigerator notes are posted
Blessings to all,
Billie<i'm a goil...dad wanted 4 boys...God gave him 4 beautiful goils)
Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 PM

Billie I figured you were are woman by the spelling.