General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:17 PM

Greet you in Christ. I love to be here in this forum and I know you will love it too.

From the Philippines,
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-19-2009, 10:51 PM

Welcome biblereader,I hope you find fellowship and church here.I can understand your frustration in your christian walk,my church in NZ allows women to preach at times and some of the men when preaching use the Message and one actually has a version that is black and in gold it says Message Bible,all of our other preachers are NIVers as is our Pastor and Elders.
Our church is the best on offer in town.

Mrs Hayseed
Old 05-20-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
Welcome biblereader,I hope you find fellowship and church here.I can understand your frustration in your christian walk,my church in NZ allows women to preach at times and some of the men when preaching use the Message and one actually has a version that is black and in gold it says Message Bible,all of our other preachers are NIVers as is our Pastor and Elders.

Mrs Hayseed
Sister its sounds like your Church is entrenched in ecumenism, I was involved in a Church very similar and after a guest speaker from the states read 2 verses from the niv and 2 pages of Cs lewis, while blatantly flashing the devils cornet sign about 20 times during his "sermon" I spent the entire sermon praying. That was the last time I set foot in that Church, I got outside, dusted my shoes off and never went back.
The message is one of the most ungodly translations that has ever reared its ugly head and I pray you find another Church sister, or start a meeting in your own home, solid Bible believing meetings.

Quote:
Never settle for the best on offer, as a bible believing Christian it becomes impossible to fellowship properly in such a Church, you will never be content or at peace in such a place so why not consider holding your own meetings with fellow Bible believers in your homes.?

God Bless

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:43 AM

Welcome.

The doctrines of men are embedded in many places.

Being sober and fully enriched with the Word of God will keep us from the unclean thing.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:11 PM

PeopleOf TheWay..I just don't know what to do to tell you the truth.Iam married to Mr Hayseed and he is weaker in the Word than me and I'm not being sarcastic in any way,it is just a gentle truth Iam saying.
I would never leave the Chapel he chose for us to fellowship in like some of the ladies have done and leave their husbands to be alone in the Chapel I attend,without their wives.These women left for charismatic goofy reasons not wise biblical discernment.

Until my husband says,"that's it!" I feel I should just stay.I don't believe it is right to for me personally to find another church without my husband.

Mrs Hayseed
Old 05-20-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
PeopleOf TheWay..I just don't know what to do to tell you the truth.Iam married to Mr Hayseed and he is weaker in the Word than me and I'm not being sarcastic in any way,it is just a gentle truth Iam saying.
I would never leave the Chapel he chose for us to fellowship in like some of the ladies have done and leave their husbands to be alone in the Chapel I attend,without their wives.These women left for charismatic goofy reasons not wise biblical discernment.

Until my husband says,"that's it!" I feel I should just stay.I don't believe it is right to for me personally to find another church without my husband.

Mrs Hayseed
Mrs. Hayseed,

Sister, if you don't feel you can leave the church, because you under the headship of your husband, can you perhaps start a small assembly of women in your home? Perhaps for Bible study or Bible readings or simply for prayer. You might reach some other women in your church who are just staying in the church for the same reasons that you are.

One important thing: the first consideration is TRUTH. Are you receiving it at your church? If not, then church in the home sounds like a better option. That's what I have done. There are no KJVO people here that I know of. None of the churches here uplift the AV. They all use primarily the NIV - and sometimes they slide into (even worse!) The Message. It seems that they call forth whatever Bible translation best supports THEIR view and THEIR sermon. They just "mix and match."

My ex-fiance (who was a wonderful Christian until he got mixed up with the Freemasons) told me that I knew more than the minister at his Baptist church. He said that it was appalling to him how unknowledgeable ministers are. They are just dreaming up a topic, and then using a subject index in a few corrupt Bible versions to back-up what they plan to teach.

I'll pray for you and your situation, my sister.

Jassy
Old 05-20-2009, 07:53 PM

Welcome to the forum biblereader!! I am quite new here and I have enjoyed learning the scriptures from many friends here.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:16 PM

BR, you are in a wonderful place. The feedback I have received has been a bit harsh at times. But, if you review some of the threads I've started, you'll see why. With some of the people these guys get coming in just to start arguements...it's totally understandable. But, you will find that these guys LOVE God's Word and LOVE each other and you. They will answer honest questions from their knowledge of the Word. It's great! I've learned a whole lot since being here...you will too!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:51 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. It truly means a lot to me. Yes,ther are scarcely any KJV truth forums left. The remnant is truly a remnant.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
BR, you are in a wonderful place. The feedback I have received has been a bit harsh at times. But, if you review some of the threads I've started, you'll see why. With some of the people these guys get coming in just to start arguements...it's totally understandable. But, you will find that these guys LOVE God's Word and LOVE each other and you. They will answer honest questions from their knowledge of the Word. It's great! I've learned a whole lot since being here...you will too!

Thanks for your kind welcome, buzz. I see we both have the same type of avatar! LOL!