Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:10 AM

Default Dealing with God's Truth

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of personsActs 10:34)

Here are a few thoughts I had on this passage, thinking about God's Truth.
Peter came to know the truth, and learned to practice it, and to proclaim it with power for the salvation of souls and the advancement of the kingdom.

We Should Perceive the Truth
"That God is no respecter of persons." It took Peter a long time to learn this truth. The Lord gave a special vision to this truth to him. He went into the presence of the Lord feeling that the gospel was for the Jews only, and came away knowing that it is available on equal terms to all men. The plan of salvation was perfected in Christ for Jew and Gentile, it was for all men of all nations.

We Should Practice the Truth
If we know that the Lord loves all men and desires to save them, we should assume an attitude toward all men of all nations that will reveal this fact to them. Our practice must match our profession. We should love all men for Christ and seek to win them to the Saviour. Let Christ live in you and through you reach people of other nations.

We Should Proclaim the Truth
"Peter opened his mouth, and said." Many people are slow to learn that the Lord God desires to save all nations of the earth. When they know the truth, they hesitate to preach it. In fact some never proclaim this truth. The glory of the gospel is that all men are included in its benefits and may avail themselves of it by grace through faith in Christ. Tell it to the world.
Preach this truth. Proclaim it to all men.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-29-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltpage View Post
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of personsActs 10:34)

Here are a few thoughts I had on this passage, thinking about God's Truth.
Peter came to know the truth, and learned to practice it, and to proclaim it with power for the salvation of souls and the advancement of the kingdom.

We Should Perceive the Truth
"That God is no respecter of persons." It took Peter a long time to learn this truth. The Lord gave a special vision to this truth to him. He went into the presence of the Lord feeling that the gospel was for the Jews only, and came away knowing that it is available on equal terms to all men. The plan of salvation was perfected in Christ for Jew and Gentile, it was for all men of all nations.

We Should Practice the Truth
If we know that the Lord loves all men and desires to save them, we should assume an attitude toward all men of all nations that will reveal this fact to them. Our practice must match our profession. We should love all men for Christ and seek to win them to the Saviour. Let Christ live in you and through you reach people of other nations.

We Should Proclaim the Truth
"Peter opened his mouth, and said." Many people are slow to learn that the Lord God desires to save all nations of the earth. When they know the truth, they hesitate to preach it. In fact some never proclaim this truth. The glory of the gospel is that all men are included in its benefits and may avail themselves of it by grace through faith in Christ. Tell it to the world.
Preach this truth. Proclaim it to all men.
Brother Tom. I often think if we (I) will diligently obey Jesus' promise, it will resolve this issue.
Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
It’s so clear in Holy Scripture, yet for years I missed it because I was so focused on the process of outreach instead of the person of Christ. The best advice I can give any believer who has a real desire to share the Gospel of truth is to follow Jesus Christ. Love Him. Long to know Him. Walk with Him by faith, moment by moment. The result? You'll be a fisher of men.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Brother Tom. I often think if we (I) will diligently obey Jesus' promise, it will resolve this issue.
Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
It’s so clear in Holy Scripture, yet for years I missed it because I was so focused on the process of outreach instead of the person of Christ. The best advice I can give any believer who has a real desire to share the Gospel of truth is to follow Jesus Christ. Love Him. Long to know Him. Walk with Him by faith, moment by moment. The result? You'll be a fisher of men.
Yeah, this is a good point brother. Having a burden to see souls saved is a byproduct of seeking Jesus, looking upon Jesus, and loving Jesus.

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. (Romans 8:29 KJV)

Peace and Love,
Stephen