General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
I apologize if my post was a trigger for divisiveness. It was certainly not my intent.

Yes, I do recommend TNARS, www.tnars.net, as a great seminary (and free!). We need more initiatives like TNARS. Persons should check out their curriculum and I think they will be pleasantly surprised. Review the oversight board of TNARS here: http://www.tnars.net/members.htm and you will see some familiar names.

AMR
In THARS Basic Statement of Faith, the first article reads:

"We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts."

The original manuscripts no longer exist. Therefore, if the Word of God is still alive, where is it living now? If you say in many different translations and variants, all of which differ on words omitted, or added, or changed...then what is the final authority that determines what is, or is not, the Word of God today? This is the key point at the heart of the KJV issue.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-09-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Hello AMR. Welcome to the website. I clicked on the link to your homepage and I like what I see! Be warned though that the resident Landmarkers, Arminians and the slice-n-dice the scriptures folks (aka; Dispensationalists) will be very upset with you simply because you have admitted that you hold to the Reformed Faith. Post Tenebrux , Lux! Out of Darkness, Light!

I would urge you to look at the first (Home page) of this site and look up the works by Edward Hills (The King James Bible Defended) and also the writings of Dean Burgon. Also read a book by Fuller titled "Which Bible?". The site owner (Diligent) has posted a short list of verses that are different or mangled by the new translations, on the front page called "verse charts". Two that could be included in that chart are John1:1 and Romans 3:25. The NWT and the NIV are really bad translations.

BTW, the Hills book is now available free on the internet thanks to his widow.

Stay on the Path - just as "Christian" was heading for The Celestial City.
Don;t forget the Namecaller.

Grace and peace my friend

Tony
Old 06-09-2009, 04:02 AM

AMR,

It is not your fault that men are using your post to demean others on this forum.

PB1789 maybe you should find another site to go to.

I Personally know a man who claims to be an ex-Jesuit priest and now a Baptist pastor. he teaches all versions are the word of God and no preserved text. he teaches a blending of sect teachings concerning spiritual gifts, Rock and Roll music should be used in reaching the lost and edifying the saints, and he personally not only drinks regularly but teaches others it is ok (some have gone over board and have been drunken as he has been seen to be).and teaches Ecumenicalism.

All that he has done and teaches seems to be just what should be expected from an active Jesuit priest who has infiltrated the Baptist ranks.

Not that this is something you are involved in AMR. at least I hope not.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The only time I have ever seen you post is to "back up" one of your reformed brethren, and take stabs at the right dividers...

There are no arminians on this board. When they come, they get deleted real quick, because they can't stop blabbing about losing your salvation. I don't think there are any landmarkers either.
PB forgot about the antinomian too, Brother Luke.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 06-09-2009, 11:26 AM

Default Re: "Ask Mr. Religion -Intro"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
I apologize if my post was a trigger for divisiveness. It was certainly not my intent.

Yes, I do recommend TNARS, www.tnars.net, as a great seminary (and free!). We need more initiatives like TNARS. Persons should check out their curriculum and I think they will be pleasantly surprised. Review the oversight board of TNARS here: http://www.tnars.net/members.htm and you will see some familiar names.

AMR

Aloha AMR,

There isn't any "need" for you to apologize. You have come to this Forum and have declared WHERE you stand on many Biblical issues, and you also have revealed the extensive training and schooling you have received.

We are not "very upset with you simply because you have admitted that you hold to the Reformed Faith." We believe in Christian Liberty and are far more "tolerant" than many so-called "Bible Forums".

There are three things that we have "problems" with:

1. Correction of the King James Bible and a corresponding disrespectful (demeaning) attitude towards it.

2. Personal slanderous attacks and mudslinging. Or Name Calling (without corresponding proof) and treating Forum members disrespectfully.

3. Out and out HERESY (and of course that includes Hereticks and False False Teachers).

From your "intro", it wouldn't appear that you are that kind of person, so I welcome you to the Forum. We are quite an "Eclectic" group here with no one single Christian Sect or Denomination in control. It is my sincere desire that you might be edified here and that you might edify the brethren here also.

Welcome to the AV1611 Bible Forums.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:30 PM

What's a "Landmarker"?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:37 PM

Welcome to this forum, AMR. I hope you will find all the information and understanding you are looking for about the KJVO issue. Happy to have you here.

Jennifer
Old 06-09-2009, 02:34 PM

Yes, sorry.. welcome MrAR, I should have done that with my first post in this thread

@ Greenbear

A Landmarker is, from what I know of them in New Zealand, a Baptist Brider. They deny the "invisible church" ie, the one body, and have a massive focus on the independent authority of the local church, and their "trail of blood". They focus as much on baptism as Church of Christ do, except they don't believe it saves.

@ morning on the previous page

I hope there aren't too many Christians around like me. My words are often without grace, although I am really starting to become aware of it and am learning about death to self ie, reckoning self dead to sin. I didn't even welcome Brother MrAR the first time around, but had a go at PB1789.

I am not a PBI grad either. I am taking a correspondance course from David Peacock's church, but all of the material seems to come from Bro Ruckman's commentaries. I can follow along with Peacock's sermons from Ruckman's commentaries almost word for word at times Which is handy I guess.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:44 PM

Welcome Mr Religion,I have read your intro.Iam personally not a Calvanist but will look forward to reading your future posts.

Mrs Hayseed
Old 06-09-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

There are no arminians on this board. When they come, they get deleted real quick, because they can't stop blabbing about losing your salvation. I don't think there are any landmarkers either.
I personally like your passion for truth Luke,but as you say we must mix our words with grace...there is enough truth on this board for any new member to peruse and decide if this is the place for him/her.

Mrs Hayseed