Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I love a good marshmallow! tastes great
Yes Luke, as do I but I did not know they had juice, this is sinister. I sense a conspiracy.

Grace and peace

Tony
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia View Post
The KJV translators anticipated that they would not get all the names for things correct, as they said in their preface:

The book of Job has some especially difficult language because of its age. It has taken four centuries to discover the meanings of some of the obscure words from other ancient documents.

I think we should cut the KJV translators some slack. They did the best they could.
LOL, it's a good thing God was in charge of the preservation committee!

Tonybones, this is a great post and I have used this passage from time to time myself to spank the newer versions and kick them into the mud where they belong, I guess this is why Solabiblia felt the need to attack our Bible once again.

Solabiblia, looking over your extremely vast number of comments on this forum (12 posts) I have noticed they are all practically tasteless, kinda like the white of an egg without salt.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post

Tonybones, this is a great post and I have used this passage from time to time myself to spank the newer versions and kick them into the mud where they belong, I guess this is why Solabiblia felt the need to attack our Bible once again.

Solabiblia, looking over your extremely vast number of comments on this forum (12 posts) I have noticed they are all practically tasteless, kinda like the white of an egg without salt.
Brother Parrish, thank you my friend. I am thinking of adding another chapter to The Original Manuscript Fraud on how most of the verses in the Bible that confirms as doctrinal that God has preserved His words have been altered and wrested.

I am not aware of Sola's position, I just know I am so KJVO that I disgust myself even.

Grace and peace brother, he he

Tony
Old 04-26-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I was doing some verse comparison in different versions and came across this one.

Job 6:6

(AV 1611) Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg?

Pretty plain and straightforward, fairly bleak commentary. I thought I would check what the new standard in bible versions had to say on this verse and found it to be more or less just a reading from an older translation:

(English Standard Version) Can that which is tasteless be eaten without salt, or is there any taste in the juice of the mallow?

(Jewish Publication Society 1917) Can that which hath no savour be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the juice of mallows?

I don't know what the "juice of mallows" tastes like, having never eaten a mallow or indeed knowing what one is. I decided the reading and wording was archaic and obsolete and moved on to the classic reading of The National Council Of Churches:

(Revised Standard Version) Can that which is tasteless be eaten without salt, or is there any taste in the slime of the purslane?

That one sent me scambling for one of Julia Child's cookbooks but with little effect. Of course our literal friends over at the Universal Salvation Dept. offered a much more sinister take on this verse:

(Concordant LIteral Version) Is insipid food being eaten without salt? Or is there taste in the ooze of purslane?

The Watchtower maintains Jehovah's spirit has been lierally present at Brooklyn HQ since 1975, the devious rationalization of the failed prophecy of of His return in 1975. I thought I would check into the version translated with His literal presence, and my sides almost split:

(New World Translation) Will tasteless things be eaten without salt, Or is there any taste in the slimy juice of marshmallow?

I was tempted to look further into the NWT for the presence of The Three Musketeers and their role in the doctrine of the Trinity and also check out if the roll Ezekiel ate in Ezekiel 3:1 and 3:2 was a Tootsie Roll, but I am too busy laughing. I leave this to others to investigate

Grace and peace

Tony
I can't help but laugh!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
solabiblia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post

When logic and truth fail, just try the personal attack, like Jesus would do.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia View Post
When logic and truth fail, just try the personal attack, like Jesus would do.
Solabiblia, you are the attacker. Bibleprotector already picked up on your attacks on our Bible back in post no. 9, which you ignored. As for Jesus, He never once attacked the Word of God, and He wouldn't describe the pro-AV posts on this forum as "mindless drivel" either. None of us are perfect but you have already been called out by several members for your behavior against the KJV at the links below, so I suggest you be careful and back up because you are probably posting on thin ice:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread....5942#post15942
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034&page=5