Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:31 AM

Thank you all for your responses! Much to read through and I'm taking my time doing so. I agree with you all about study Bibles...what I meant was reference bibles where they link you to verses of like subjects. I prefer not to use Bibles with notes as well (it's what I used when I first got saved, and I ended up reading the notes more than Scripture!!). And thank you for clarifying who Scofield was!

I'm wrapping up my school year (I'm a homeschooling mom ) and then plan to go through that study that was shared...thank you for that! I think it will be a great help as this is all new to me. (We moved to the mainland from Hawaii and when we did, became convicted about the type of church we had been attending and the way the Bible was handled...ended up at an independent Baptist church where the word of God is very much respected and taught with reverence!).

I appreciate all of your wisdom and will study these posts and links.

God bless!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollister View Post
Thank you all for your responses! Much to read through and I'm taking my time doing so. I agree with you all about study Bibles...what I meant was reference bibles where they link you to verses of like subjects. I prefer not to use Bibles with notes as well (it's what I used when I first got saved, and I ended up reading the notes more than Scripture!!). And thank you for clarifying who Scofield was!

I'm wrapping up my school year (I'm a homeschooling mom ) and then plan to go through that study that was shared...thank you for that! I think it will be a great help as this is all new to me. (We moved to the mainland from Hawaii and when we did, became convicted about the type of church we had been attending and the way the Bible was handled...ended up at an independent Baptist church where the word of God is very much respected and taught with reverence!).

I appreciate all of your wisdom and will study these posts and links.

God bless!
We welcome you to the group, enjoy the fellowship and the information, and we are here to help at any time

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 04-27-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying you are a "Sister" I have been praying for Brother Hollister, well I suppose that is your Husband in a sense so I wasn't that far off the mark!
I am encouraged a lot by your reading to your children and testimony you have on the forum, thus far. I have an 8 year old niece who is born again and she can read and digest the King James Bible and she knows that it is Gods word

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Matthew 21:15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
Matthew 21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:23 PM

Default Keep On

Good day and God bless you sister, do continue serving Christ in a local independent baptist church.

Jude 25
www.fredsites.weebly.com
Old 04-29-2009, 02:01 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Indeed, a child can truly understand God's Word. It's all we use in our home, and my 6 years old twins can read it just fine. I just help them with the application from time to time!

I feel very blessed to have found our church and highly respect our Pastor who holds the Word of God in such high regard. I've been told that churches like mine are few and far between and I don't take that blessing for granted!!

God bless you all~Hollister