Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 PM

all you guys talk about the possitive thinking churches of taking all the promisses of the Jews and applying them to the church in this dispensation. but here you are applying a verse from the great tribulation (Rev 13) and applying it to the church or yourselves. you can't do that you're in just as much error in doing so as the emergent church is in building the kingdom and claiming all the promisses of the Jews.

Rightly dividing the word is a commandment.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-14-2008, 11:45 PM
jerry

Sorry, I don't believe in explaining away the Bible. Revelation 13 says that the Antichrist's name will add up to a certain number - I believe God.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:58 AM

I didn't explain the Bible Away I rightly divided it to show that He is not speaking to you or Connie to count the number of the mans name that will be put on all who accept him.

that is why it is unwise to count it in this dispensation. but give an instruction from Pauls writing to count the name and I will for it wold then be a doctrine for today.

counting the number is not for this dispensation. Just like some forms or tongues and prophecy are not for today. they will come back into play in the great tribulation.

if you use it today just like the Charismatics you will open yourself up to devils and deceptions.

blessing bro. but keep it divided properly and you wont do the wrong thing.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Brothers and Sisters, I would wish that catholics would read their Bibles.
Even their false versions carry enough truth to tell them they ought to run, not walk out of their "churches"!

Consider this:Christ IS Against the pope!
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. BUT IT SHALL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:” (Matt. 20:25-27)

“Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, NOT BY CONSTRAINT, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of ready mind; Neither AS BEING LORDS OVER GOD'S HERITAGE, but being ensamples to the flock.” (I Peter 5:2-3)
Constraint: Greek; anankastos, to force, by compulsion, a must.
Lords: Greek; Katakyrieuo, subdue, gain dominion over; there is an implication that this authority is hash.

Yet, popes have ruled with an iron fist, in DIRECT opposition to Jesus' Words.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:17 PM

Brother Jerry, Somewhere on the net, I read how the pope=666.
I am not sure where.
However ALL the reformers and Baptists in the past refered to the popes as Antichrist.

Here are some other interesting historical facts I have unearthed:

The Popes call themselves "Vicar of Christ". In Latin; "Vicarius Christos". Vicarius means "substitute". In the Greek; "Antichristos". In English; Antichrist. BEWARE!
The title of the Pope is "Pontifex Maximas", is the same title as held by ancient Roman Emperors. In historical times the Pontifex Maximas was in charge of consecration of temples to the gods, the worship of the dead, and the choosing of vestal virgins for the service of the goddess Vesta.

Research the word Vatican in many Latin - English / English - Latin dictionaries, or encyclopedias, and you will likely find that Vatican City and St. Peter's Basilica of the Roman Catholic Church were built upon what was called in Latin vaticanus mons or vaticanus collis. The words mons and collis mean hill or mountain.

The head of the Mithraic faith was called (Pater Patrum), ``Father of the Fathers'', and was seated at Rome; and similarly the head of Catholic Church was the Papa or ``Father'', now known as the Pope, who is also seated at Rome. The Pope's crown is called a tiara, but a tiara is of Persian origin, and hence perhaps a Mithraic, headdress.

The ancient chair preserved in the Vatican and supposed to have been the pontifical throne used by St.Peter, is in reality of pagan origin, and may possibly be Mithraic also,for it has upon it certain pagan carvings which are thought to be connected with Mithra.

Purgatory is of Pagan origin:In pagan Egypt, substantially the same doctrine of purgatory was taught. But once this doctrine of purgatory was admitted into the popular mind, then the door was opened to all manner of priestly extortions.

In pagan Greece the doctrine of a purgatory was taught by the very chief of the philosophers. Thus Plato, speaking of the future judgment of the dead, holds out the hope of final deliverance for all, but maintains that, of "those who are judged," some must first "proceed to a subterranean place of judgment, where they shall sustain the punishment they have deserved.

In pagan Rome, purgatory was also held up before the minds of men. Virgil, celebrated poet of pagan Rome, described its different tortures.
In all pagan religions the case is the same. In Tartary, "The Gurjumi, or prayers for the dead," says the ASIATIC JOURNAL, "are very expensive."

Be rest assurred, that catholicism is pagan in origin and Antichrist in nature.
It is no wonder that John did "marvel"!
Looks Christian, yet is not!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:33 PM
jerry

Interesting stuff!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Pastor Mikie

When I taught on Revelation, after studying Revelation 17 & 18, since the pope isn't of Jewish ancestry (at least this one isn't that I'm aware of):

Daniel 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

It would stand to reason he would at least be the false prophet.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:33 AM
jerry

He doesn't have to be Jewish to fulfill that verse. In fact, Daniel 9 teaches that he will make a covenant with the Jews for seven years - that tells me he is not a Jew or not a whole Jew (ie. part Jew, part some other nationality).
Old 04-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Pastor Mikie

I agree. It's very possible he will be a Syrian-Jew.

Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

This could also indicate his multi-ethnicity. Why not, with all the "political-correctness" that seems to be its own religion?

The pope?

Revelation 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
jerry

Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

If you compare Revelation with Daniel, you will see the leopard represents Greece, the bear Medo-Persia, and the lion Babylon. The endtime religion will have elements of the religion of these other world empires (matter of fact, when each empire went off the scene, the next one took and adapted the religion that was before it - the Roman Catholic religion is simply pagan babylon in a slightly different form).