General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Stephanos,

I looked at it from your veiw for many years and the only reasonable way is to rightly divide the scripture. So stop accusing me of being closed minded. that is your opinion it is wrong but your opinion never the less.but you tell me what your feel is the Context of Mattew 5:42? Your mind seem more made up and unswayable than mine.

I have divided away nothing from the scriptures nor added to it. I didn't tell any one not to obey any commandment of Christ or God. I said not all scripture is applicable to them today. there is a big difference between those things. Telling them certain scriptures are not apllicable today is not telling people to not keep the comandments of Christ or God. Those are false accusations of yours towards me and other dispensationalist on this site. Hyper dispensationalist do what you say. but we are not them so don't confuse us with them. There is a right way and a wrong way to divide scripture. But either way it must be done.

I took nothing out of context using Matthew 5:42 in the object lesson I challenged you with. but you tell me what your feel is the Context of Mattew 5:42? for me it is Jesus teaching Israel to prepare them for the Earhtly Kingdom that He has come to set up. Did he set up the Earthly Kingdom? Not yet.

Ok so I want to give your the benefit of the doubt. You've said how important it is in keeping context in finding a practicle application of srcripture, the one we are discussing is Matt 5:42. What is your practicle application of this scripture in context for today?
I think Jesus came to set an example for all men on how we should live our lives (again I do agree there is context here, Jesus had requirements that we don't. We are not an High Priest of the order of Melchizedek, nor are we God in sandals ^_^) Are we going to walk in His footsteps at all times while we walk in this grave of a body? I don't believe so. If you truly needed money and were here now to ask me for it (and I had money, mind you) then it would be within Christ's teaching for me to give to you. Remember Chette, Satan asked Jesus to do three different things (one for Satan himself in the end) in Matthew 4:1-11, and Jesus gave him instead the Word of God. So in His example I will give unto you a Word from the Lord:

1 Timothy 6:6-10 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

So, brother, know that it is wise to be content with what our God has given you. If I believed that you were in need, truly I would give what was within my power to give, but I know differently, and shall keep what little money I have been entrusted with, as a steward of God's money, for my needs and those of the brethren I have regular fellowship with (for I know they have needs).

for Jesus' sake,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-02-2008, 07:12 AM

While I could always use a few extra dollars. I have always lived by faith. right now we are seeing God supply for our needs. I have been here since the 1997 with as little as $40 every two months. I came here on a twenty dollar promise. I never went hungry nor did my children ever do without. I have learned to be content in every situation of my life. no need for you to quote scriptures to me that I have learned in a very deep spritual and grace filled way.

I am hurt that you would liken me to Satan. to insult a brother like that is really uncalled for and immature.

My challenge was only an object lesson I did not expect you or Tim to ever respond to giving.

You made an interesting statement though, "Are we going to walk in His footsteps at all times while we walk in this grave of a body? I don't believe so." Now Paul teaches we are to follow Christ example at all times even in this body of flesh. footsteps equal example. you have made a division on what scriptures to follow and what scriptures not to follow for today. that is a form of rightly or wrongly dividing scripture or dispensationlism. very good very good. you do divide the scriptures when you want to, you are a dispensationlist.

you never answered the questions? nor did you share the context of Matthew 5:42. you only gave your private interpretation of what Jesus was teaching. no where in this scriputral context is Jesus teaching us follow in his footsteps or example. Your body or as you put it "in this grave of a body" is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

and as far as you knowing differntly as to my personal needs. You aren't hearing the Lord on that one. While most missionaries go off onto the field with 35,000 to 50,000 dollars a year. I went in to the field only on a $20 promise. I paid my own way here in 1997 we live on $5000 a year in gifts and support since 2001, only this year have we received more support. We are currently trusting the Lord to raise $7000 for a vehicle and we need it all by July 17th, 2008. I have a wife and three children and all I have is a honda C100 to get us all around on. right now the Lord has raised half of that. my daughter wants to continue her piano lessons which I had to stop do to lack of finances. so please give me some grace and I will do the same for you

Enough said then.

blessings

Last edited by chette777; 07-02-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
While I could always use a few extra dollars. I have always lived by faith. right now we are seeing God supply for our needs. I have been here since the 1997 with as little as $40 every two months. I came here on a twenty dollar promise. I never went hungry nor did my children ever do without. I have learned to be content in every situation of my life. no need for you to quote scriptures to me that I have learned in a very deep spritual and grace filled way.

I am hurt that you would liken me to Satan. to insult a brother like that is really uncalled for and immature.

My challenge was only an object lesson I did not expect you or Tim to ever respond to giving.

You made an interesting statement though, "Are we going to walk in His footsteps at all times while we walk in this grave of a body? I don't believe so." Now Paul teaches we are to follow Christ example at all times even in this body of flesh. footsteps equal example. you have made a division on what scriptures to follow and what scriptures not to follow for today. that is a form of rightly or wrongly dividing scripture or dispensationlism. very good very good. you do divide the scriptures when you want to, you are a dispensationlist.

you never answered the questions? nor did you share the context of Matthew 5:42. you only gave your private interpretation of what Jesus was teaching. no where in this scriputral context is Jesus teaching us follow in his footsteps or example. Your body or as you put it "in this grave of a body" is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

and as far as you knowing differntly as to my personal needs. You aren't hearing the Lord on that one. While most missionaries go off onto the field with 35,000 to 50,000 dollars a year. I went in to the field only on a $20 promise. I paid my own way here in 1997 we live on $5000 a year in gifts and support since 2001, only this year have we received more support. We are currently trusting the Lord to raise $7000 for a vehicle and we need it all by July 17th, 2008. I have a wife and three children and all I have is a honda C100 to get us all around on. right now the Lord has raised half of that. my daughter wants to continue her piano lessons which I had to stop do to lack of finances. so please give me some grace and I will do the same for you

Enough said then.

blessings
Man that really was bad taste on my part. PLEASE know, It was not my intention to liken you to the enemy. I was simply thinking of an example in Scripture when Christ was asked for something and gave in return the Word of God. If I've offended you, please forgive me. *sigh* Truly I need more grace sometimes than I think...

Know that I understand your financial struggles. I am very much so not well off. I don't even have transportation, I'm working every day so that I can (I hope) buy a used motorbike sometime in August (yes it is going to take that long to save for one). I've lived on less than 10,000 a year for many years now myself (granted i'm in America, and I have family that helps me) and only this year have I made progress in learning a trade. I just started as an apprentice carpenter and excavator operator this Febuary. This has all been the Lord's work. He has blessed me greatly in the last two years since I decided enough was enough, I'm living for Christ Jesus (He is so good to me...). My heart goes out to your children as you serve the Lord. But I have faith that all will be well for you and your family. Your reward and treasure are not in this world, but in the Kingdom of Christ Jesus. If you can give this hope to those little ones then you've given them more than any wealthy parent ever could.

By the way, I never said I didn't believe one must rightly divide the Word, I just don't agree with every method employed by dispensationalists in general.

Also, bro. Tim and myself responded the this way because we still think ALL of Christ's teachings are relevant for Christians today. If I knew you or knew someone that knew you, and was sure you were a) a brother in Christ, and b) in need, I would not even hesitate to send what I could to help you (which is not much). I get tears in my eyes now just thinking of all the brethren that truly need help. The work is great but the workers are so few...

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 07-03-2008, 02:01 AM

Amen. Forgiveness is extended and granted.

I use a dispensational study method which does not entail tearing apart the scriptures. it just helps put things in order as to where it's application for me or another today.

Bless you bro
Old 08-11-2008, 06:56 PM

I too believe in Rightly Dividing the Bible, that is the only way the Bible makes sense.

I do not believe that God gave us a Bible that you need 4 yrs of Bible college to make the verses "fit" to whatever your particular denomination believes.

He gave us a Bible that anyone could understand and grow in knowledge and grace.

Since I learned to unlearn many things and started rightly dividing my KJB, I have had a LOT more peace and understanding on exactly how to live to please God today and how to understand my Bible.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:43 PM

amen Swordsman amen!