Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Sis Jennifer,

Welcome to the club of meek and quiet spirits, who sometimes are a bit "hot-headed"! You can read my post to sis Renee for more info on the background of how I got from point A to point B. However, I caution you that I don't recommend going deaf! LOL

Isn't it wonderful that we have such "ensamples"? I am very thankful to the Lord for them.

You have a wonderful spirit Jennifer. I've seen that, in your communications with me and others, when you feel you've been wrong, you will humbly apologize - even if I haven't seen where you've been wrong. That has been a great "ensample" for me, sis.

Jassy
Jassy,

I've been thinking about the Apostle John lately. He is so much like David. Many times when I think about David I am overcome with emotion. I can't keep my eyes dry when I read about David and what he wrote. I believe that is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit's intense love for him. The Godhead loves, He is a Person, He has emotions but they are Righteous emotions. I believe He loves David in a special way (as He loves John) because David's hearts desire was to KNOW God to a degree that few if any have aspired to. I am a "follower" of Paul and I want to be a "follower" of David and John, "The Apostle of Love". All of this to say that I know that a meek and quiet spirit is not something that can be "attained" on it's own, it is a fruit of knowing Him.

Psalms 42:1-2 To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

You are truly blessed, sister.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

In Him,

Jen

Last edited by greenbear; 08-01-2009 at 04:24 PM.