Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:02 AM

Default Prayers for preparation

I've purposed to go soul winning in the near future. This is something new to me. The only thing I have to go on is the Bible, a few websites, and a booklet I just bought called "Let's Go SOUL WINNING" by Dr. Jack Hyles. I think this is SO important. I have two things I require. The first is for courage and calming of my nerves. I'm not exagerating when I say that I get so nervous when I talk to new people that I feel like I'm about to pass out at times (some people might call it social anxiety 'whatever'). It's something I'm going to have to overcome, but since God is for me, I know I'll make due. The second thing I require, that brother Hyles recommends, and other sites as well, is someone to go with. Jesus sent out His disciples in twos, and I think this is a good plan. Dr. Hyles talks all about the practical reasons for this, and I totally agree. So could everyone be praying that our Lord would send someone my way, or send me someone elses way to start winning souls for Christ. Also, that the Lord would calm my nerves when I finally start knocking on doors.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Excellent! This is very important for all Christians to do and Dr. Hyles books are an excellent starting point. I agree with having two people, my Pastor and I go out together regularly and it works really well, especially when you're in certain parts of town I'll keep you in my prayers Brother!!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:50 PM

I sure will be in prayer with you. I understand about the nervous part. When I was a young Christian, I recall witnessing to another young person. My stomach was fluttering, eyes were probably opened wide, and my breathing was rapid. I built up the nerve and blasted him with, "Man! Are you saved!?" At which point, I kid you not, his cheek quivered and he hurried inside his home.

Brother Stephen, the biblical truths that have really helped me the most are:

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men" (Matthew 4:19).

I've read, taught, and used various methods, but the best tool has been to simply love, follow, and allow Jesus to make me a fisher of men. Spontaneous and free. Just be a "leaky seed basket" wherever and whenever.

Another encouraging verse is the one just prior to Jesus giving the command to go.

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth" (Matthew 28:18).

The One who has all power abides in you. He makes you a fisher of man. He sends forth laborers, He enables, equips, and empowers.

Therefore, I remind, "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might" (Ephesians 6:10).
Old 09-26-2008, 08:06 AM

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

I like to think of the helmet of salvation as just that, no matter what anyone says to me derogatory about Christ, I just imagine I am wearing a helmet and what they say cant get in. A helmet protects from crashes and knocks, so may the Helmet of salvation protect you from spiritual crashes and knocks during your soulwinning!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:47 AM

Stephanos,

I'll pray for you brother.

Atlas
Old 09-26-2008, 11:50 PM

"Passion for the Lord, Compassion for the Lost" - this will make one a real soul winner. Prayers for you, Brother!