Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Revangelist

Wink For Pentecostals Only (Hopefully)

I've tried to have discussions on other threads and the minute it is discovered I'm a Pentecostal, I feel like a Gazelle in the midst of hungry coyotes. I don't think I'm alone here. My hopes are, on this thread, to have a Pentecostal-friendly place to discuss the issue of the King James Bible.

If the fact we are Pentecostal, Born again Christians bothers you, don't forget there are many other threads in this forum.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Forum Administrator

And please don't forget that none of the 'threads' are locked to anyone in particular. Anyone is welcome to participate in any thread.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:42 AM

I once had a Pentecostal brother pastor who traveled to seminary with several of us Baptists. The trip was 2 or 3 days a week, 90 minutes each way. Many times the conversation was centered around eternal security, because that was the most important issue. The gifts of the Spirit were rarely discussed because that issue paled in comparison.

One day, this brother made a revealing statement. It went something like this, "Personally I believe that a Christian cannot lose his salvation, but I can't preach that from my pulpit or I would lose control of my people's behavior." We did not discuss the issue much after that.

Don't picture us as "hungry coyotes", instead think of us as faithful sheepdogs being used by the Shepherd to guide you into the place that He wants you to be.

With my love,
Old 03-22-2008, 12:20 PM
evstevemd

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
I've tried to have discussions on other threads and the minute it is discovered I'm a Pentecostal, I feel like a Gazelle in the midst of hungry coyotes. I don't think I'm alone here. My hopes are, on this thread, to have a Pentecostal-friendly place to discuss the issue of the King James Bible.

If the fact we are Pentecostal, Born again Christians bothers you, don't forget there are many other threads in this forum.
what do you mean by red lettered stuffs above?
By the way I'm Christian period!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Revangelist

Dear Diligent, I know and accept that. I was looking for a way to cut down on the arguing. I thank you for a place to have these discussions.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Revangelist

Brother Tim, I don't see you as "faithful sheepdogs being used by the Shepherd to guide you into the place that He wants you to be" at least directly, because I don't believe I'm in error with regards to my believe in eternal security or the gifts of the Holy Ghost. In the context of "iron sharpening iron", then I see you as "faithful sheepdogs being used by the Shepherd to guide you into the place that He wants you to be". Because I believe Baptist Doctrine is in error on those 2 particular issues.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Revangelist

evstevemd, I'm referring to the fact that in several threads where I expressed the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today and I don't take the extreme view of eternal security and all the "Baptists (not sure if they were all Baptists, just held the Baptist view on those issues)" thought it necessary to "fix my error" and the discussion got "far away" from the thread-topic. I really don't want that to happen in this thread. I was hoping to have a discussion about the authorized 1611 Bible.

Like, I had heard that there was some kind of scandal or something about the NKJV and Thomas Nelson and I can't seem to get any information about such a thing. I was hoping someone here could tell me one way or another.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Connie

Hi, Here's some information from this site about the NKJV. I needed to be set free of it too.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/articles/reynolds-nkjv.html
Old 03-22-2008, 11:19 PM

Guys,

We need to address the Pentecostal issue.

Is this a cult?

1. Loss of salvation.

2. Keeping salvation via good works.

3. Authority beyond the Bible, words of knowledge and all of that crap.

4. Slaying in the Spirit.

5. This laughing deal going on nowadays.

6. Prayer clothes and other such crap.

7. Blowing on people then they fall down.

8. Advanced revelation from God.

9. The final authority may not be the Bible.

10 Emotion based services and experiences.

I am not saying the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement is a cult but it is looking more and more like a cult everyday.

What do you guys think? Is it a cult?

Atlas
Old 03-23-2008, 05:49 AM
evstevemd

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Guys,

We need to address the Pentecostal issue.

Is this a cult?

1. Loss of salvation.

2. Keeping salvation via good works.

3. Authority beyond the Bible, words of knowledge and all of that crap.

4. Slaying in the Spirit.

5. This laughing deal going on nowadays.

6. Prayer clothes and other such crap.

7. Blowing on people then they fall down.

8. Advanced revelation from God.

9. The final authority may not be the Bible.

10 Emotion based services and experiences.

I am not saying the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement is a cult but it is looking more and more like a cult everyday.

What do you guys think? Is it a cult?

Atlas
Loss of salvation- Yes through sinning and not repenting!

Keeping salvation via good works - No! through helper and comforter, the Holy Spirit of God. we exercise our faith, under grace of God. Works are the fruits and not source neither what keep us.Grace of God teaches us to shun and run away from evil. So we exercise our faith to manifest what already have been done by the Lord in us. Just we need to be obedient to God's word and His Holy Spirit!

Authority beyond the Bible, words of knowledge and all of that crap. No! No Authority beyond the Bible. Bible authority is Final. God respect His word and Have Magnified Him Above all things. Holy Spirit tells us what Jesus Hears from the father, and does not contradict with Jesus' word! That means All gifts operate in Line NOT in contrary to the God's word. This Includes Gift of word of Knowledge!!! Hope it Helps

I will post scripture later! Now I have something else to do!

Your fellow servant,
Ev. Steve